Inside DLtoker's Room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dang they are tangled up bad bet you had a fun time untangling them lol the grow looks good tho

:cool2: man your clones are looking nice, when my plant gets old enough im going to get some clones going, but yeah keep um going.

Damn DL u have it going on there brother u are the clone master lol. hey bro that pic of the Twilight looks great man mmmmmmm bet that is gonna get u rocked when u smoke it lol peace

Jeez....sorry bro late again.:(

Should I grind up a few dried leaves and place them in the mix?

Yes...I was recently reading about MJ being an 'accumalative' plant...with high K and maybe P....more on that later. Comfrey is instantly available (been called a 'compost activater in itself) and I want to grow some...but keep it in a bucket...I guess it takes over and you can't kill it, unless you get a particular kind. I really like eucalyptus leaves, and they are everywhere here, see what is common in your area. Stinging nettles and Alfalfa are big too. I would dry them completely and grind them...as small as possible.

Question... My mothers are huge. They are 2' tall bushes. I usually take 20+ clones once a week. I take them right from the top. I do this to control the height. I know they say to take bottom branches becuase rooting will be faster that way, but, every branch at the top of the plant is like a bottom branch to me. You can see the pic a few posts back of my mother. That shot was taken from the top. Should I just take 10" cuttings from the top to keep the height down and root them as little trees and then take my real clones from the bottom branches and get some more side lighting? Or does it really make a difference with a mother like this?

I know what you mean bro...sativa leaning moms and dads can be tough to control. I take clones from everywhere too:rolleyes: , just to try to keep them under control. I have even transplanted them once a month with root trims...even buried them lower in the pot.:huh: Pain in the butt for sure, just be very careful root trimming...really easy to overwater after.

[There is love that goes into organic growing. As weird as it may be, but maybe not too weird for this site. I have such a stronger connection with my plants while grown in soil organically. It just makes the whole growing experience that much more for me.

I hear ya bro....everything I do in my garden is about my maintenance of my soil and microlife. I don't even grow plants anymore just 'beasties'.:p Still reading on this, but I believe MJ may prefer the bacterial type...as opposed to fungal...more to come on that as well, but I am 'feeling' the Biozome.;) :huh:

Those CM were born in hydro...seem to like alot of food fast, maybe lower ph...and maybe leaning towards lots more P and K early than most I have grown...lemme know what works for you.

I can change the name of this thread if you like...just post up or PM me. :)

You definately got some happy plants going on in the pics bro...I am excited to see you having fun...tis what it's all about.:aok:

Kind, Hash, Sticky... Thanks for the props! :cool: The roots were a jumble of joy:rolleyes:, but they were some strong healthy roots for sure!:aok: I have been practicing and studying these clones long and hard. It is by far the cheapest way to keep a perpetual grow, but maybe not the best, as some could attest.

Just wanted to clear up that these mothers are going into flower. Their first dark cycle EVER is today. I plan on taking a bunch of clones tonight. I'm still making up my mind, But I think they are going to be rather large. Like around 12". The reason behind this is to clear out some of those lower branches, that even with my side lighting, don't and won't get much light. I still have 2 other batches of clones working on their roots. Actually the batch I took just a few days ago were started in a bubble cloner but I moved them into soil last night. I really wanted to try soil as a medium for cloning, and since I am going to be taking a break, it seemed like the best thing to do... for educational purposes:p

Eman, I love it whenever you post. Something always to add to the knowledge bank! I may need to transplant these two bushes once more half way through flowering due to the root mass already taking up 1/4 of the 1 gallon pots. I will then definitely add some dried, ground leaves to the mix.

Are you thinking of biozyme? Maybe biozome is singular, haha. I have heard many great things on that subject. I am trying to visit my hydro store as infrequently as possible, but next time I am there I will make a few investments. EDIT: No, Biozome... Sorry, I guess I was thinking about humans :huh:

Everything you do is born into flower correct? The need for the extra K and P could be due to that no? Or maybe this strain matures into flower very quickly? I will definitely keep you updated. I have a mean soil mix, that I cant even remember without looking at my products, but I will try to post it... Much simpler than yours, I can assure you!:rolleyes: ;)

Sure, change the title... You can add some of your character if you would like to too. haha. :bong1: Thanks for the kind words everyone! I'll be sure to keep you posted...:cool:

A few hours spent in the grow tonight and I'm still not done with everything. It's like a part time job with this miniature grow. I have no idea how people with much more growing on handle it, plus their lives outside of their room. Anyways, my clones are still doing great... Well, the ones I have left that is. Once I see one tap root pop out of the bottom of a rockwool cube, they are ready to transplant the next day with a full, well, strong root system. Amazing.

I took a few shots of the Lowryder 2s that I have been working on. It is my first soil excursion believe it or not. They are doing great. The only issue is I don't have any males and my last seedlings aren't looking very promising on giving me any... well, balls. I have been planing the majority of my summer grow around the LRs that I pollinated. I am praying for pollen to drop out of the clouds on these little ladies!!!;)

DSCN0705.JPG

DSCN0706.JPG

DSCN0707.JPG

DSCN0709.JPG

rep up man your grow looks great that bud you got in the last pic what is that?? im going to rate this thread excellent ***** lol cant wait to see what comes out of this grow ill be watchin lol peace

Haha. Thanks Kindbud! That is a pic of the only strain I have that has real buds on it right now. It's a Lowryder 2 and I assume it has about 3 weeks left... Almost getting too late to pollinate it and get good smoke and mature beans:rant:. BPOTM? I actually was picked for the month of march!:banana: It was a pic of my Twilight. I will post something up for this month, maybe... just for fun.;) Maybe a bean popping out of a LR2 haha!

Eman, I love it whenever you post. Something always to add to the knowledge bank! I may need to transplant these two bushes once more half way through flowering due to the root mass already taking up 1/4 of the 1 gallon pots. I will then definitely add some dried, ground leaves to the mix.

I got some new info to post on sativas, some have said they prefer a 'thinner wider' soil setup (like a soilbed) and others have said they are much more resilant to 'late flower' transplants. In fact, some use this method to control height indoor...it seems to be a balance of choosing the right moment at the end of 'stretch'. Something to think about that I think applies to containers and beds, and in my short-term experienxe...I would have to agree.

Are you thinking of biozyme? Maybe biozome is singular, haha. I have heard many great things on that subject. I am trying to visit my hydro store as infrequently as possible, but next time I am there I will make a few investments. EDIT: No, Biozome... Sorry, I guess I was thinking about humans :huh:

Yeah...lol, Biozome the product...is very bacterial dominant...as are a few others. GH Subculture comes to mind too, and castings, manures, guanos, etc. Most of my dry ferts come pre-fungally innoculated (mycorrhizael) and I have several soluable additives, but in reality, I also have had better results with less additional mycos...as some are claiming. The bacterial types can easily overcome the fungal types too, and I previously believed it was in flower that these 'fungal' types really lend a hand....but now I maybe reconsidering that...need a few more cycles to really decide.

Everything you do is born into flower correct? The need for the extra K and P could be due to that no? Or maybe this strain matures into flower very quickly? I will definitely keep you updated. I have a mean soil mix, that I cant even remember without looking at my products, but I will try to post it... Much simpler than yours, I can assure you!:rolleyes: ;)

I addressed this with the breeder REv...actually, since is is MIA, I looked to the next best thing....his posts. Best I can say is she is the 'finicky' type he says...mine were both very happy till I seeded them:rant: ...no worries....more are above ground and I have a few more to play with.

LOL....I hear you on the mix...I wanna get really crazy soon...like 'grocery store and food scraps' growing :huh: ...no dry ferts...hehe...a few freinds have convinced me it can be done...I think it is just going to take careful composting and a few worms ;) ....look to see this in winter I hope.

Sure, post up your amendments bro if you like. I understand amounts are tough...I keep no secrets, but most times I have to guess...at some point we all seem to start going by 'feel'. 'Handfull of this, pinch of that." :rolleyes: ;)

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday. I sure did... Kayaking trip on water that had ice chunks floating in it.:cool: We were definitely the first of the season to kayak out and sleep on an island. I actually was messing around on my buddies kayak... performing a little stability test. Lets just say the test was a COMPLETE failure. I rolled right into 35* water. haha :eek: Something I would never like to experience again if I could.

So, on to the grow room. Nothing too new to report. I still don't have any autofowering pollen.:rant: Does anyone know of a store that will sell pollen? :p ;) But, my lowryder 2s are looking stellar. I think I can truthfully say it is the stickiest bud I have yet to come across. Only about 3 - 9 days left till they all are harvested. Uber excited that I will have some home grown again :rolleyes: and I don't think I will run out before my next harvest that should happen in about 4 weeks.

The one to take the spot light today is the soil bed. Everything is doing great.:bong: There is a little micro deficiency on a few but nothing that is getting out of hand. The buds are about 2 weeks old and just starting to develop. The next two weeks will be big growth and then they will stall out for 2 weeks before their final plump up 2 weeks before harvest. I love knowing exactly what to expect. :rolleyes:

I am adding another light to the flower room. No more veg in my grow room. One light on 24hrs a day is the same as two lights on a 12/12 schedule.

Here are just a few pics of the ladies. Same Lowryder plant in these pics as the ones above. BTW, these lowryders are 100% OMRI certified organic. Everything was in dire need of watering and pH adjusting after my break of a few days from them. Enjoy!

untitled.JPG

DSCN0714.JPG

DSCN0715.JPG

DSCN0713.JPG

very nice my brother all you need its a male i see :)
how old are your females ??
and how meny seeds you got left ??

My first batch of beans is about 8 weeks old... These are the ones in the pics. My other 5 are just showing pistils, so, I would say 3 weeks old or so. That's it for my lowryder beans.

Ah. Here is a question. Based on the looks of the trich's in the first pic above, how long would you guys wait till harvest. I was thinking tomorrow or Thursday night?

EDIT: I don't like the couch lock and I'm trying to get it so they are all just getting ready to turn amber...

i would go thursday night personaly
:):)

Just some pics of the lady chopped and partially trimmed before hanging to dry...

DSCN0717.JPG

DSCN0718.JPG

DSCN0727.JPG

DSCN0728.JPG

DSCN0729.JPG

So, the synapse have been firing away... really, I'm serious. My two mothers were put into flower 2 weeks ago. My skunk always has about a 2 week lag from the beginning of 12/12 to real buds being formed. But, last night I saw that I had some pretty decent sized buds on the one mother that was getting the most indirect light. Call me crazy, but I think the lack of serious light has something to do with it. The plants are doing great. The larger of the two actually has been a little stressed because she needs to get watered at least every other day. Her root ball is massive.

My lowryders are so pungent. Organics really brought the aroma out in these ladies. I can't wait to taste it next Wednesday. Two other lowryders almost ready to harvest. One is just average looking potency wise, while the other is looking just like the other that was just harvested, but with really long hairs.

I am thinking I may try chem ferts on this next batch of lowryders to see just how big the difference is with yield and taste. I hit them with a dash of superthrive last night and will be using the FF line of nutes.

I've burt two main colas in my flower room because I have been getting a little too greedy with the amount of light these plants get. So, until they stop stretching (which should be any day now) the lights will always be 2 inches above. I have 1 C99 plants that looks like it could be done in about 3 or 4 weeks so I am stoked on that.

Also, the soil bed is rockin'. Works like a dream. I am guessing I will yield around 6-8 ozs of organic goodness from a 15"x20" soil bed with no veg time. I also am contemplating shutting down the grow for the hottest 3 months of the year. Or just making it a lot smaller. I am going to be growing outside as soon as I get some pollen (which should be early next week ;)) I just want to start a few Sativa strains and run around 700 Ws through the summer and do the rest guerrilla style. So, now you have been inside DLtoker's room and Head today :rolleyes: . I'll snap some photos tonight probably.

That has to be some of the best looking lowryder i've seen! Great job DLtoker!!!

Latest posts

Back