is it possible to revert back to veg from flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holden600

Reaction score
I have had a little daydream and thought, is it possible once i have removed all the buds when it has finished budding and then put the light cycle back to 18/6?? let it grow for a month or so the flower it again??

another thing in my previous post of my grow at the moment, should i cut of top leaves so that lower leaves and buds get abit of attention???

thanks

No dont cut the leaves, if anything tie them gently out of the way, if you cut them your plant will produce smaller buds not fatter ones.

and yes its possible tons of people do it they just leave like 1/3 of there plant still on the plant ( dont cut alllll the buds off ) just look up Revegging in the search bar.

Yea you can convert a flowering plant back to veg its called a herme :) But you cant take off all the buds, that would kill it ;)

A female MJ plant produces flowers and a male produces pollen. The male trys to pregnate the flowering female to try to reproduce "make seeds" for the next spring :D

But females flower because its a life ending cycle. But indoors it dosent have to be. You can keep a plant in veg for as long as you want. You really never want to take a plant thats in the flowering state back into veg.

First, when taking a female back into veg state the buds are not as strong.

Second, it takes like a month for a flowering female to veg then flower again. Waste of time.

You would just want to take a clone or many clones from a healthy female and veg them for 4-8 weeks :)

interesting smokey
i can understand that you think its a waste of time but i have to ask do you have any experience in re vegging?
the thread on this site of someone who has revegged and from what i read it made me wanna try it
i just finished harvest and left like 10% i will be posting a pic on my journal later and i have had a clone rooting for almost a month
so today they will be put in he same room and vegged anywhere from 2 weeks to 4
so i would like to find out what you experience is with reveg please

SmokeyTheBear said:
Yea you can convert a flowering plant back to veg its called a herme :)

Actually, that is not what a "Herme" is. A "Herme" is a Hermorphadite (I hate spelling), which is a Female plant that throws Male flowers to self polinate. Happens for various reasons, being reverted back into a Vegitive state is not one of them.

I actually had a convo with a buddy today. He has a STUPID looking plant he is getting ready to harvest and it was amazing. Seriously softball size colas on every branch. What was crazy was they were round, and dense. Smelled great. It was a cross another mutual friend did with L.A. Confidential x Bubbleberry.

Anyway, I really liked it, but that is the last plant. No more seeds. So we were talking about reverting it, because it can be done and I have done it. But yes, big PITA and takes along time. Time I don't have, so I turned it down.

But yes, as long as you leave a little bud on th eplant and plenty of leaves and she is healthy, not all burned up, she will reveg and shoot tons of new growth.

(server was busy, second posting attempt)

It's called rejuvinating a mother plant. It's very simple, leave a third of the leaves and some bud material after harvest. As everyones said, if you don't leave some buds the plant will just shrivel up and DIE.
If you try this don't expect things to happen overnight of course, the progress will be really slow at first. Nothing will appear to be happening for at least 2 weeks, maybe more. Don't get discouraged and hack it down, you'll see new white flower hairs from the old buds first. Just a few here and there, nothing big. Then new shoots will start popping out from all the old buds and leaf nodes, if it was a good solid plant at harvest then the new growth could be thick. Pinch the new shoots back after they've put out a couple leaves, forcing new double shoots. Many folks rejuvinate particular plants because of some special quality, putting the clones into flower while leaving the mother in veg to take more cuttings from.
A rejuvinated plant WILL die after some YEARS of good use, the stalks phloem eventually becoming clogged and unable to carry nutes to the crown. This is why it's important to start ANOTHER "donor" plant somewhere down the line. There's a really great thread on this forum that has all the answers you'll need for a re-veggie and also search this forum for BONSAI related threads. Much much good info there about treating a "mum" :rolleyes: like a bonsai plant. Pretty neat stuff.
Good luck! Give it a try!:)

I have a plant on its second reveg! Just harvested it for the second time a few days ago. I'm gonna see how many times it will reveg!

One tip for any of you guys that reveg is. Make sure when you transplant remove alot of the root ball this really helps speed things along.

hey mike you are the first to say remove root ball so can i have a little more info on why and how much?
the thread on mp the person who revegged didnt cut root ball but has had planty of success
i am just startin my reveg as of last night

cant you just plant it in a bigger pot for the roots to grow?

let your harvest finish and when you chop id leave the bottom 3rd. then 24hrs of light for about 2 weeks

So people am I right in thinking that if you "rejuvenate" as Sativa rightfully said your plants will grow at the normal rate in height wen revegging and again wen swithched back over to flower ? Or does it use the existing bud sites and growth shoots to produce a second harvest of bud and remain roughly the same height........May sound a bit dumb but its got me thinking ?

smokypo said:
So people am I right in thinking that if you "rejuvenate" as Sativa rightfully said your plants will grow at the normal rate in height wen revegging and again wen swithched back over to flower ? Or does it use the existing bud sites and growth shoots to produce a second harvest of bud and remain roughly the same height........May sound a bit dumb but its got me thinking ?
the plant uses any bud site you leave behind to produce new growth you need to leave buds on you plant to try this i THINK that the size of gen 2 will have to do with how long you veg after seeing new growth

smokypo, I just took my second harvest off two revegged Aurora moms and I got 8 oz of prime bud off each plant. My first grow only produced half that. I did not transplant, just left them in the same pots.
The reveg took 4 weeks to show good shoots and then I LSTd them, and the plants ended up 24" high but 30" diameter. I'm now in reveg again, but on the clones I took from them.

ok leaf miner i got a q for you
how long after you see new growth do you go back to 12/12

I take at least half the rootball off. If you just repot it there is alot of rootmass for such a small plant. It makes things go faster for me. IMO

yep thats the one that got me thinking regen but that member hasnt been on for a while so am looking to others for ideas

As I have no clue, id like to be informed of the benefits to yield / quality / Acceleration towards another harvest etc......... It cant be more productive than normal methods ... cos every body would be doing it. Who has actualy done this and why . What were the results? I can only assume that perhaps it would increase potenct, but if the pros outweigh he cons then I think its defo worth a try if you did grow.....

Latest posts

Back