Is replanting a solution for newborn tallers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burn_Slowly

Reaction score
I had the case when I planted 2 freshly germinated seeds to join up to a group of 4 ( my first grow) but then those 2 newborns became tallers reaching out for light and all my plants where very low. That is when I replanted those plants and planted them deeper. Is this a good idea? or not :confused:. The plants seem to be doing ok.

Looks like you got things taken care of! You did exactly what you should have done. Maybe lower your light down some if the plants were streching, but you prolly already know that... Hope they keep growin green for ya too!

blancolighter said:
Looks like you got things taken care of! You did exactly what you should have done. Maybe lower your light down some if the plants were streching, but you prolly already know that... Hope they keep growin green for ya too!

replanting was the first thing that came to my mind... thank you for the tip... I didn't know lowering your lights could have helped... now I know...

Just remember when lowering them to make sure the light isn't getting that plants too hot. A simple way to check it is to put your hand at the top of the plant and make sure that the heat from the direct light feels comfortable on your skin. Get The light as close as you can while maintaining a comfortable temperature and your plant will thank you with dense sticky buds...

Also, keep all your plants at the same level. If you have some plants that are shorter than others, then place them on books or bricks, or something like that in order to raise the shorter plants to the same level (height) as the taller ones. Once you've done that the light will be at the same distance from the tops of all your plants.

A plant, or especially a seedling that is too far from the light source will stretch in an effort to reach the more intense light that it needs. As the others said, keep the light as close to the top of the plants in order to get good penetration of light down to the lower branches of the plants.

At distances of more than one foot from the light the intensity of the light diminishes exponentially (There's a graph somewhere on this site that illustrates this.) So, the farther away the light is from the plants the more they will stretch and the smaller and less dense the buds will be. Without enough light your plants can be sparsely populated with wimpy buds.

Latest posts

Back