Is this a Nanner ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sixx said:
This plant probably has 4 more weeks to flower... At most... and its the only plant this cycle. And the grower doesnt need meds, but rather just enjoys getting high :)... So will this plant just turn out to be some regular ole cheap *** seeded bud that we will have to pick out the seeds before we smoke ??

If that is his only plant, I would leave it. However, it looks quite sativa to me and looks like it has far more than 4 weeks left to go. How did you determine harvest date?

I am with Hick. ANY female that produces male flowers is a hermie. And this is an undesireable trait. I never get hermies and refuse to believe that this is a natural response to not getting pollinated. This plant is also not in late flowering. I am guessing 6-8 weeks to finish.

The Hemp Goddess said:
If that is his only plant, I would leave it. However, it looks quite sativa to me and looks like it has far more than 4 weeks left to go. How did you determine harvest date?

I am with Hick. ANY female that produces male flowers is a hermie. And this is an undesireable trait. I never get hermies and refuse to believe that this is a natural response to not getting pollinated. This plant is also not in late flowering. I am guessing 6-8 weeks to finish.
I was assuming 8 weeks to flower...Flipped the lights bout 4 weeks ago. If its Sat dominant then yeah it may have a little longer...But thats OK..I like Sat better anyway.

Well guess what its not a nanner i just checked some other references and its not so we are good thanks anyway though

bi0phreak420 said:
Well guess what its not a nanner i just checked some other references and its not so we are good thanks anyway though

Care to share those references?

Assuming 8 weeks of flower time for an unknown strain that is possibly a herm, is just optimism.

Reality it could be 8 weeks from finishing.

Why dont u just take a better pic and we can all give real advise what to do with your exact situation. This whole thread is specualtion based on 2 bad pics.

Hick said:
WoW!.. so "not in line" with my experience or belief.
nanners are most certainly hermie flowers and should NOT be viewed as either natural or desirable.
HERMAPHRODISM in any form should not be tolerated...IMO.
.... it is NOT a desirable trait/characteristic in drug quality mj..

Nana's are a perfectly natural response to not being pollinated and cannot be classed as hermaphrodism Hick mate, as for one, they don't give rise to hermaphrodite progeny but do produce S1 female seed.

The reason they occur is an evolutionary trait, a last gasp chance of passing on their dna, that's all, as we stress the plants by interrupting fertilisation and that is their natural response. True hermaphrodism shows itself as fully formed male plant structures giving off blizzards of pollen which will ruin your crop but in all my 37 years of growing have not had nana's spoil my sensi bud for me or heard of another grower moan his sinsemilla was ruined by a few nana's as they have very little pollen within them compared to a proper male flower so they locally pollinate the very bud they are sitting in and little else.

So don't make storm in a teacup about nana's! :)

bi0phreak420 said:
rollitup.org

grasscity.com

cannabisculture.com

They list goes on and on

Sounds like you asked around till you got the answer you wanted to hear....instead of the truth which is not as pretty.

:yeahthat: it's your crop and ultimately your decision... but I'd get rid of it if there are others in the room (assuming) and not showing the same trait... Oddballs deserve to die; hermie or not! Bad genetics come in all sorts of forms!

:rofl: I'm on this site because I dont like those other sites....They have too many ppl who dont know what their talking about...Too many opinions and not enough experience.

Rockster said:
Nana's are a perfectly natural response to not being pollinated and cannot be classed as hermaphrodism Hick mate, as for one, they don't give rise to hermaphrodite progeny but do produce S1 female seed.

The reason they occur is an evolutionary trait, a last gasp chance of passing on their dna, that's all, as we stress the plants by interrupting fertilisation and that is their natural response. True hermaphrodism shows itself as fully formed male plant structures giving off blizzards of pollen which will ruin your crop but in all my 37 years of growing have not had nana's spoil my sensi bud for me or heard of another grower moan his sinsemilla was ruined by a few nana's as they have very little pollen within them compared to a proper male flower so they locally pollinate the very bud they are sitting in and little else.

:goodposting::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

420_Osborn said:
:rofl: I'm on this site because I dont like those other sites....They have too many ppl who dont know what their talking about...Too many opinions and not enough experience.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:....ITS ALL OPINIONS DUDE DAMN DUHHHHH

bi0phreak420 said:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:....ITS ALL OPINIONS DUDE DAMN DUHHHHH
Those other sites might be opinion, but what most guys tell you around here can be backed up with years of experience and most times picture proof. IMO a hermie is a hermie. If a person is born with both male and female organs but the male organ is just a tiny thing, it still makes them a hermaphrodite. Same is true with marijuana. IMO.

In http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BiologyBiology a hermaphrodite is a plant or animal that has reproductive organs normally associated with both male and female sexes. (Wikipediahttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite#cite_note-0)

Rockster said:

And my experience is absolutely opposite. The picture in the link that I posted was a trainwreck that kicked nanners late in bloom (about 8 weeks if I remember right) and absolutely destroyed the entire room. (I accept the blame for that, for not being more vigilant)
I had tiny **** seeds in everything. Worthless, immature, herophrodite seeds.
THAT is my experience with your so called "S1" progeny.
ANY plant that exhibits "both" sexes is a hermie and won't be getting any more of my time or effort....EVER!
They are poison pills. They are not a desirable characteristic, and should be treated like the plague.

I really don't worry much over nanners thrown late in flower myself....in my limited experience they have either been sterile or contained very little pollen...I still have two S1 beans from my Rex SDxchemdogg DD. I wldnt breed with them but I will pop them someday. Jmo

rotten_socks420 said:
So I am guessing that your Sixx's buddy and its ur plant?
I am really not trying to be a **** here...
The fact that we are friends has absolutely nothing what-so-ever to do with the contents of this thread... But yes, Its his plant... IF thats the point you were trying to confirm. Like that matters anyway whos plant it is. Just sounded to me like you were trying to be a smart-*** because you didnt like his comments.

So the next time I go over and visit my friend and burn some CFL grown phunk this so-called nanner might be a bit bigger or maybe we just wont be so damn high and can get a better picture for you guys... If you would still like to help us that is.

Latest posts

Back