Is this vaporizer any good??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one of the first ones of that kind, back when it didn't have the digital readout. It's primitive, but it smacks me onto the floor every time I use it.

According to Ed Rosenthal, in "Ask Ed":

"Marijuana produces THCA, an acid with the carboxylic group (COOH) attached. In its acid form, THC is not very active. It is only when the carboxyl group is removed that THC becomes psychoactive. When marijuana is smoked, the THC behind the hot spot is vaporized as the hot air from the burn is drawn through the joint or pipe bowl to the unburned material. The liquid THC and other cannabinoids have a boiling point of between 180-200? C (355-392? F). Before they turn gaseous, at around 106? C (220? F), the carboxyl group is released from the molecule as carbon dioxide and water vapor."

So if you set your vaporizer to the setting that reaches as close to possible to 392F, you'll ensure decarboxylization and maximize the high from each toke.

It's gonna cause the weed to get brown, but it won't burn unless it reaches 451F. I can only set mine to the highest setting and I have no idea what temperature it actually is, but it browns the weed and I GET WASTED on much less weed than if burning is used.

The taste is WAY different, but not bad. It could have a slight taste of dog crap and if it got me that high, I'd still smoke it. hehe

So if you set your vaporizer to the setting that reaches as close to possible to 392F, you'll ensure decarboxylization and maximize the high from each toke.

I'm having a hard time figuring out the temps involved in this machine. I'm guessing the digital readout is only a reference number and not an accurate temp. I used my laser temp gun to take readings all over the element, and can't get anything close to what the readout says. At a setting of 460F, I get the weed in the center of the bowl, right where the air comes off the element turning a dark brown. At a setting of 390F, I get the same effect, but only a light tan coloring of the weed.

When you're drawing on your machine, StoneyBud, would you say yours is closer to a dark brown or a light tan? I'm thinking I could go a little hotter than the tan color and get a better high.

wmmeyer said:
I'm having a hard time figuring out the temps involved in this machine. I'm guessing the digital readout is only a reference number and not an accurate temp. I used my laser temp gun to take readings all over the element, and can't get anything close to what the readout says. At a setting of 460F, I get the weed in the center of the bowl, right where the air comes off the element turning a dark brown. At a setting of 390F, I get the same effect, but only a light tan coloring of the weed.

When you're drawing on your machine, StoneyBud, would you say yours is closer to a dark brown or a light tan? I'm thinking I could go a little hotter than the tan color and get a better high.
A light tan. Anything beyond that and you're just smoking the material itself. Nothing is left in it.

Here's a way to prove it.

Smoke some that leaves the material light tan. Set the smoked material aside. The next day when you're not high at all, smoke a couple of regular bowls of the used stuff. It will taste nasty, but prove my point. You won't get any high from it. The thc is gone. Vaporized into your lungs.

Setting it higher won't do anything for you, but try what I said to make sure.

StoneyBud said:
A light tan. Anything beyond that and you're just smoking the material itself. Nothing is left in it.

OK, I feel smarter already. I'm getting a light tan color at about 380-390 on the readout, which is only a little higher than the recommended setting of 360. I'll have to try it at 360 one more time, but I don't think I was getting any discoloring at that temp.

I hve been setting it at 350 now and the leftover bud is a very light brown..almost like all the color was sucked out of it... i think this is the sweet spot for my vape...

wmmeyer said:
OK, I feel smarter already. I'm getting a light tan color at about 380-390 on the readout, which is only a little higher than the recommended setting of 360. I'll have to try it at 360 one more time, but I don't think I was getting any discoloring at that temp.

When you go with the lower temp it takes a little longer for the weed to vaporize....

Damn, after reading this thread I will order my unit once I return from my business trip.

I will have to figure out how to interface it with my bong, since I just like using the thing to see the mist and bubbles.

joseaf said:
Damn, after reading this thread I will order my unit once I return from my business trip.

I will have to figure out how to interface it with my bong, since I just like using the thing to see the mist and bubbles.

At these lower temps I've been trying, there is very, very little visable vapor. The hit is only just barely warm in my mouth, and is very smooth, as far as harshness goes. You'll still have the bubbles, but other than the pure esthetics, your bong is obsolete:) :) :) . Just kidding, hope ya have good luck and enjoy your's, when ya get it.

I keep mine set at 315F because when I first got it, it was recommended to keep it at about 290F, so I think I'm using it too low though I do notice when the temp fluctuates on the higher side (360F) it starts burning and i get smoke instead.

midnight_toker said:
I keep mine set at 315F because when I first got it, it was recommended to keep it at about 290F, so I think I'm using it too low though I do notice when the temp fluctuates on the higher side (360F) it starts burning and i get smoke instead.

On mine at 360, I just barely get tan. I have to go up to about 460 to get any smoke, and then its pretty faint.

wmmeyer said:
On mine at 360, I just barely get tan. I have to go up to about 460 to get any smoke, and then its pretty faint.

Yeah that number on there is subjective to the machine you are using I think...360 for me now burns the bud...I am now using 320/330...
I wonder if as the machine ages if the number changes?? I know the number does not mean actual temp....either way I don't care...this was like the best 60 bucks I hve spent in a long time...me and the wife use barely any bud in it and we get ripped out of our faces...:)

I finally placed my order on a famous website for a digital vaporizer for $43. I had plan to order a da budda or ssv. If this unit doesn't workout I will order the ssv.

NP100-005.jpg

Cool. According to USPS, the item has arrived. I am currently out of town, so I will pick it up Monday and give a report Monday or Tuesday.

My personal review: I ordered a $42.99 Vaporite Vaporizer on last Wednesday. I picked it up from the post office today Monday, it actually arrived Saturday. I ran it at maximum temp for 30 mins. It smoked a little . I got home at 7 and start with some good stuff from my brother.

Temp 200: Didi feel anything
Temp 250: Slight taste
Temp 300: more taste with stronger pull
Temp 318: Bingo!!!

I loaded it with about .5g. DAMN DAMN DAMN. Sweet herb!!! Total body nub. RELAX.
4th pull: Easy on the mind. Today has pass and I am at ease.
6th pull: a slight smokey taste

Reload: Less than .8g. A fresh minty taste. Food taste different.
I am still pulling every now and then. Maybe up to 7 pulls.

I increase temp to 380. A woody acid taste. Turn back to 318.

I am so high. I recommend. The taste is wonderful. No smell of maj smoke.

joseaf said:
My personal review: I ordered a $42.99 Vaporite Vaporizer on last Wednesday. I picked it up from the post office today Monday, it actually arrived Saturday. I ran it at maximum temp for 30 mins. It smoked a little . I got home at 7 and start with some good stuff from my brother.

Temp 200: Didi feel anything
Temp 250: Slight taste
Temp 300: more taste with stronger pull
Temp 318: Bingo!!!

I loaded it with about .5g. DAMN DAMN DAMN. Sweet herb!!! Total body nub. RELAX.
4th pull: Easy on the mind. Today has pass and I am at ease.
6th pull: a slight smokey taste

Reload: Less than .8g. A fresh minty taste. Food taste different.
I am still pulling every now and then. Maybe up to 7 pulls.

I increase temp to 380. A woody acid taste. Turn back to 318.

I am so high. I recommend. The taste is wonderful. No smell of maj smoke.

Bro I am very happy to hear you love your vape....I love mine too....and i paid the price of a bong for it...I will eventually step up to a Da Buddha....I hve heard way to many great things about it to not try it out...

I have the Digital Extreme. My Perfect temp is 337f. I like the whip but I love the bag... I fill it up,set back and get toasted.:hubba: I can see a very very faint vapor in the bag,,thats when it taste the best:D .
The Extreme is an awsome Vap. Cost me 280.00. Well worth it.;)

OK, after 6 hours of sleep and down from my buzz, I look forward to another session this evening with a different herb, White Rhino.

I have ask for Da Budda vaporizier with bong attachment for my birthday.

Today I got my 18mm 2pc whip and I am very happy with this purchase. I tried it about <.2g of good mj. I set the temp dial at 322 as I did with the whip that came with the unit.

Results: I will have to reduce the temp to maybe 318. I will load it next time with about .3g of MJ.

Latest posts

Back