Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lots of burping and curing going on , the humidity is at 10-15% so it don’t take long to hang flowers , 3 days and they are ready to debone

its a tricky dance between drying , curing , then deep freeze to keep all the terpenes fresh with pleasant fragrances

no one likes herbs that stink like hay

78F3DBD5-24E0-4989-9DB4-491EA0E2576B.jpeg

lots of burping and curing going on , the humidity is at 10-15% so it don’t take long to hang flowers , 3 days and they are ready to debone

its a tricky dance between drying , curing , then deep freeze to keep all the terpenes fresh with pleasant fragrances

View attachment 311054
How long do you cure and burp in the turkey bags before putting in the freezer?

How long do you cure and burp in the turkey bags before putting in the freezer?

when they are done. 🤡🤡🤡

like I said , it is a tricky dance and the low humidity plays a big part in whats ne t and when

but yeah , generally I like to give them 30-60-90 days to cure before they go into freezer

so the bags usually go into the garage for the winter to cure…it’s nice and cool and dark out there so it works for us

then early spring they go into the freezer

when we take a bag out of the freezer , it goes into glass quart jars, wide mouth please

two year going on three year stored flowers are fresh and moist when taken out and roll joints real good

i do not like dealing with flowers that are over dry and crumble all over the place

if we get flowers that are to dry , we make honey oil or edibles out of it

when they are done. 🤡🤡🤡

like I said , it is a tricky dance and the low humidity plays a big part in whats ne t and when

but yeah , generally I like to give them 30-60-90 days to cure before they go into freezer

so the bags usually go into the garage for the winter to cure…it’s nice and cool and dark out there so it works for us

then early spring they go into the freezer

when we take a bag out of the freezer , it goes into glass quart jars, wide mouth please

two year going on three year stored flowers are fresh and moist when taken out and roll joints real good

i do not like dealing with flowers that are over dry and crumble all over the place

if we get flowers that are to dry , we make honey oil or edibles out of it
Sounds like a good system. I’m wondering will my older herb will dry out eventually and should I do a system similar to yours. So far my first grow over a year ago in the jars are still sticky and moist the way I like it too for rolling joints. It seems fresh to me still and I think the sealed jar is the ticket. But I do have room in the freezer too. I do love finally having a small pharmacy with several selections to choose from in jars all labeled up but can see that area outgrowing itself as I continue to grow.

Sounds like a good system. I’m wondering will my older herb will dry out eventually and should I do a system similar to yours. So far my first grow over a year ago in the jars are still sticky and moist the way I like it too for rolling joints. It seems fresh to me still and I think the sealed jar is the ticket. But I do have room in the freezer too. I do love finally having a small pharmacy with several selections to choose from in jars all labeled up but can see that area outgrowing itself as I continue to grow.

it’s trial and error

you deal with much higher humidity and drying and curing in those conditions is a whole new ball game

i did it for years in Oklahoma and it was a biotch to dry and cure with 70-80% humidity

anyway , you will have to experiment around and find a system that works for you and so far it sounds like you are doing just that

i think glass jars keep flowers in good shape for a long time as long as the lids put back on and it’s is stored in a cool dry dark place….

AFF8AC58-2232-4474-9E24-C88EF08FD8AF.jpeg

View attachment 311054
Omigawd. That is a lifetime supply for a whole family.

I like the vacuum seal machines. Seals them airtight and into the freezer they go.
If I take one out I put in in a jar until I've smoked it up. 😁
Haven't used the sealer lately because I didn't have enough weed to worry with doing that.
Now I just harvested so it's going to be seal and freeze time again.😎

Happy Satyrday! Let the frivolities begin! Another clear day starting at 56F and 71% RH, with 5 mph breeze and predicted to reach 82F.

Breakfast out yesterday with an old friend far to the left of Moi, and we ended up in a heated discussion about white privilege. Me starting out poor and believing it is overstated, and him growing up with money and believing it is understated.

Hard to find common ground when I started with nothing and got where I'm at working long hours and sometimes multiple jobs, while his work experience is primarily non-profit, he never saved or invested anything, and he currently supports himself wading through his inheritance. Some people like him are born with a silver spoon in their mouth and more power to them, but I fear it deprives them of full understanding of improving your economic status through long hours, hard work, and savings/investments.

I skipped gym yesterday because of my unhappy shoulder, so plan to hit it this morning early and go easy on the shoulder exercises. Hee, hee, hee, an otherwise empty calendar, open to debauchery.

Music and dancing.jpg

The site is running very smoothly and everyone is having fun and getting along great.
Not only that we have a lot of new members who are actually posting and being a part of the community. The Passion is on its way up to being the number one marijuana forum on the net.
Thanks guys and girls. Y'all are awesome.
Yehaaaaaaaaaa 🤠

The site is running very smoothly and everyone is having fun and getting along great.
Not only that we have a lot of new members who are actually posting and being a part of the community. The Passion is on its way up to being the number one marijuana forum on the net.
Thanks guys and girls. Y'all are awesome.
Yehaaaaaaaaaa 🤠

who is No 1 , mjp?

Latest posts

Back