Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well dont worry about the G/C site
Bunch of noobs and wanna bees Number one my azz
They remain num 1 because of old members and all the hard work they poured into the site and some good info is still there.
Not a grow site any longer, even the active members are saying so everyday.

I can work on a new avatar for her LOL
1665836980516.png

Come Hither you heathen

@Hippie420
Scottish Eggs
How does one get the sausage to stick to the egg before the bread crumbs, and do you fry or baked in oven?
If you bake how long do they need to bake at what temp?
Is the sausage cooked prior to wrapping eggs at all?
Thank You Have a Lovely Day
I take three small shallow bowls. First one gets flour (any kind), the second one gets a couple of beaten eggs, and the third gets Italian bread crumbs.
I find it's much less messy to do the egg and sausage step first, so I lay 'em out on waxed paper. You stick the hardboiled egg in the bowl of flour and roll 'em around to coat them. Then, you make a sausage patty and fold it around the egg. If the sausage starts sticking to your hand after a few, you wipe your hands clean and get them damp with a few drops of water.
After you get 'em all rolled up, you take 'em one at a time and stick 'em in the beaten egg bowl and coat 'em. From there they go to the bread crumb bowl. After I've gotten around half of them made, I'll put the stock pot with sufficient oil on the burner at 375F. By the time I've got them all built, the oil is usually up to temp.
I put three at a time in the oil and hit the timer for six minutes. When they're done, I put 'em on a cookie sheet that's got a couple of layers of paper towel on it and then dunk the next three. I beat the wife and kid off 'til the first batch is cool enough to eat and then keep on frying 'til they are all done. Easy peasy.
First time I made them, I used regular bread crumbs and then added all sorts of other herbs and spices. Can't taste any difference between the doctored up bread crumbs and the Italian bread crumbs, so I go the easy route.

I take three small shallow bowls. First one gets flour (any kind), the second one gets a couple of beaten eggs, and the third gets Italian bread crumbs.
I find it's much less messy to do the egg and sausage step first, so I lay 'em out on waxed paper. You stick the hardboiled egg in the bowl of flour and roll 'em around to coat them. Then, you make a sausage patty and fold it around the egg. If the sausage starts sticking to your hand after a few, you wipe your hands clean and get them damp with a few drops of water.
After you get 'em all rolled up, you take 'em one at a time and stick 'em in the beaten egg bowl and coat 'em. From there they go to the bread crumb bowl. After I've gotten around half of them made, I'll put the stock pot with sufficient oil on the burner at 375F. By the time I've got them all built, the oil is usually up to temp.
I put three at a time in the oil and hit the timer for six minutes. When they're done, I put 'em on a cookie sheet that's got a couple of layers of paper towel on it and then dunk the next three. I beat the wife and kid off 'til the first batch is cool enough to eat and then keep on frying 'til they are all done. Easy peasy.
First time I made them, I used regular bread crumbs and then added all sorts of other herbs and spices. Can't taste any difference between the doctored up bread crumbs and the Italian bread crumbs, so I go the easy route.
Thk You Much We are going to do your method but look up air fryer times for health reasons

Do you use Hard hard boiled eggs or do soft boiled (able to peel)

My grandson loves scotch eggs. Fortunately he likes gravy and homemade biscuits too which I make at his request. Maybe I’ll surprise him with a batch of these. I rarely ever deep fry anything but feel sure that these would be much tastier fried rather than air fried which I do a lot these days. I mean if your gonna eat the sausage and eggs anyway…
why worry about a little more grease right?

Latest posts

Back