Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No power plugs, Roster?
Not that I see, been reading the cig/lighter has a way to go from off with key by moving a 50A fuse up or down in the panel
One position works with key
Other works without on all the time.
I have to double check tomorrow to see if he has a cig/lighter book says he should

Guess what I just started watching.🤠
IMG_20221022_174757736.jpg

Anyone here know wiring on newer cars?
I need a power wire that works with key on without screwing with any other electronics that are now so sensitive if you tap into them.
I am helping a friend and he wants to install a backup cam but needs power on with key and Chevy offers no solution.
Dam truck does not even have a cig/lighter
If it did the computer would most likely pick up the extra draw and throw a code
I hate this new cars
@stain Help please LOL
I thought they got the power from the radio which has the viewing screen .

Not that I see, been reading the cig/lighter has a way to go from off with key by moving a 50A fuse up or down in the panel
I have to double check tomorrow to see if he has a cig/lighter book says he should
My truck didn't come with a lighter. But has two power plugs. One where the lighter would be and the other in the center console.

have I mentioned how much fun Ivan has brought to this household...Dutch has gotten much more frisky and I far more worn out by days end...he's gonna be a big boy... :)
Hee, hee, hee............................. Wishing everyone a bag-o-puppies to keep their good attitude and oxytocin levels peaked.......

Bag o puppies.jpg

My truck didn't come with a lighter. But has two power plugs. One where the lighter would be and the other in the center console.

My Jeep did, too. One is constant hot and the other goes with the key. I keep the dash cam on the keyed one and the amber blinkers up top on the hot one.

Our all electric came with a 20A power plug in the console, shaped like a cigarette lighter, but without any element.

All hail Sol Rex day! Another cloudy/rainy day starting at 48F and 84% RH, with 2 mph breeze, predicted to reach 55F.

gettyimages-90774709-612x612.jpg

A good workout yesterday and I finished the book I was reading named, The Sound of Life, by Karen Bakker. Wow, lots of good information about elephants that I can use on my EHEW elephant protection project. I also have a ticket to The Sound of Life presentation by the author, next Wednesday at a local opera house.

About a dozen ripe tomatoes so making some spaghetti sauce today after picking up some mushrooms and garlic.

OK I see that it has output but no lighter just one female hole. The other is a USB port.
I have researched it and they say they is a movable fuse to make the one power recepticle (old cig/light hole) either on all the time or only with key on, the fuse itself gets moved up or down on 3 pins , Top two pins are for power with key and the lower pins are for all time power on.
I just need to find it now , says its a 50amp fuse .

Hee, hee, hee............................. Wishing everyone a bag-o-puppies to keep their good attitude and oxytocin levels peaked.......

View attachment 311749

Our all electric came with a 20A power plug in the console, shaped like a cigarette lighter, but without any element.
OK yes power plug will work , I still need to figure out how to get key on and off power to rear camera its wireless.
Camera normally gets hooked to taillights , and it would only operate with reverse lights coming on and only when they are on.
We want it to work only when key is on and the camera always on not just when truck is in reverse.

I thought they got the power from the radio which has the viewing screen .
Its an older model never had a backup camera, until he had an after market put in.
Its wired wrong and causing a drian on battery over 2 nights or so once it gets cold. Go figure.
The one we are putting back in is also aftermarket and dash mounted not in dash.
The radio is all wired in with the hvac controllers and could throw codes if tapped into its power line. Real PIA

OK yes power plug will work , I still need to figure out how to get key on and off power to rear camera its wireless.
Camera normally gets hooked to taillights , and it would only operate with reverse lights coming on and only when they are on.
We want it to work only when key is on and the camera always on not just when truck is in reverse.
My power plug heats up when the car's on button is pushed (and the electronic key is close enough to the car to pick up the signal). Yours may do so as well, which could easily be used as is, or to trip a solid-state relay with power directly from the battery, if you are afraid of upsetting the electronics.

My power plug heats up when the car's on button is pushed (and the electronic key is close enough to the car to pick up the signal). Yours may do so as well, which could easily be used as is, or to trip a solid-state relay with power directly from the battery, if you are afraid of upsetting the electronics.
If I were to do a direct power off battery for rear camera
What relay (I forgot how to use one duh) would be needed and how would one hook it up ?
If you have the time to explain I would appreciate it much GW

have I mentioned how much fun Ivan has brought to this household...Dutch has gotten much more frisky and I far more worn out by days end...he's gonna be a big boy... :)
It's not the parents that teach young wolves, it is their aunts and uncles. l've regularly watched older dogs fall into the avuncular role when young pups are brought aboard and think it is probably in their genetic makeup and the oxytocin from puppies brings it out.

Everyone loves puppies.............. After they are properly put in their place of course..................
box_of_chocolate.jpg
Branch manager.jpg

Latest posts

Back