Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another new avatar
1671562488567.png

A balmy 30 degrees here with a small amount of wind. Sun was shining but it got over it. Half of the talking heads are saying we've got snow-ma-geddon coming. Whatever it is, I'll deal with it. The JKU is in the garage with a trickle charger on it, the plow is mounted, and I'm ready.

When did the morons start naming winter storms? Something about one named Elliott just doesn't scare me much.
better than for a name .
It would be a real disaster of biblical proportions...

Last edited by a moderator:
Gooode morning brothers and sisters! A gorgeous cold wet cloudy day in Paradise here, starting at about 38F this morning and predicted to plumet into the teens with freezing rain tonight.

I hauled a big garbage bag full of tennis balls to the Humane Society for the pups and our new microwave arrived. It is amazing how dependent we became on the microwave and what a wrench it put into the works to not have one available.

The cleaning ladies are due this morning, so me and Miss Layla will be heading for the Fernhill dog park for some quality socializing.

Hugz all around, passing left!
bigarmhug.gif
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
dogwalk.gif

poor Jehovah's Witnesses...
Gawd is gonna get me. I take Jehovah Witnesses apart.

I like to ask: "Howcum a man who is wounded in the stones cannot enter into the house of the Lord?"

"Does than mean some sojer that saves a nun in battle, but takes a round in the cojones doing it has screwed himself?"

And I finish it with: "That is my situation. Let me know where I stand with you people."

Meanwhile, the temp right outside my window sez: 72F <-- A tad chilly, but OK.

Good morning GW and friends. It’s cold here too but thank goodness not as cold as the rest of the country

sweet of you to take a bag of balls to the dog park. A tennis ball will last my BB lest than 5 minutes before she tears it into shreds. If you put a squeak in it, her favorite, it will last about a minute and a half cause getting that squeak out is the most fun ever 😊

I’ll have to admit that I’m not a big fan of microwave ovens and was all willing to start our new household in Virginia without one when we moved here. Mr sub does no cooking but likes to heat his coffee up in it when it cools down so we got one but I keep it in the kitchen pantry so I don’t have to look at it taking up valuable counter space in my old 1070s style kitchen. I’ll admit that I do use it on occasion heating up leftovers or thawing something out quick. So when you get home from the park, you can have a nice microwave dinner in a clean house (something to say for that I’m sure)

I hope everyone’s day is good and y’all are keeping warm

1671627176073.gif

Good morning GW and friends. It’s cold here too but thank goodness not as cold as the rest of the country

sweet of you to take a bag of balls to the dog park. A tennis ball will last my BB lest than 5 minutes before she tears it into shreds. If you put a squeak in it, her favorite, it will last about a minute and a half cause getting that squeak out is the most fun ever 😊

I’ll have to admit that I’m not a big fan of microwave ovens and was all willing to start our new household in Virginia without one when we moved here. Mr sub does no cooking but likes to heat his coffee up in it when it cools down so we got one but I keep it in the kitchen pantry so I don’t have to look at it taking up valuable counter space in my old 1070s style kitchen. I’ll admit that I do use it on occasion heating up leftovers or thawing something out quick. So when you get home from the park, you can have a nice microwave dinner in a clean house (something to say for that I’m sure)

I hope everyone’s day is good and y’all are keeping warm

View attachment 315725
Subie Mon Ami..
You microwave a pt of hagen daz for 8 seconds .
That alone is a good reason to have one ....

Gawd is gonna get me. I take Jehovah Witnesses apart.

I like to ask: "Howcum a man who is wounded in the stones cannot enter into the house of the Lord?"

"Does than mean some sojer that saves a nun in battle, but takes a round in the cojones doing it has screwed himself?"

And I finish it with: "That is my situation. Let me know where I stand with you people."

Meanwhile, the temp right outside my window sez: 72F <-- A tad chilly, but OK.
Your a better man then me. I just say,,,I dont believe in your God so lets not waste your time or mine.Talk to the gay guys next door, you might have more luck. 😁 That is a true story by the way.
There is two old ass gay mother fkers next door to me. One is black and one is white. They Hate me and my flags. Especially the DT ones. 😁

Good to see all you bunko steerers , wranglers , gypsies , nomads , and in Unca’s case , no-nads all alive and kicking

some last minute preps before hell gets here , some extra groceries and stuff

believe it or not , the best relief i have found from the crud we have been dealing with for the last 5 days is to sip on a joint….taking very small puffs

certain terpenes in our favorite herb apparently are good for our lungs , helps break up the mucus and cough it out , calms me down , and stimulates my apatite ….what is not to like about this medicine?

5A17D893-A4B8-4041-BC61-D928348FD9B2.jpeg

4175B8B0-B7A2-4725-8D01-71DBEE438437.jpeg

Morning Misfits. Gla to see you are up and about Big.

Yup the whole country better brace from this storm. I think I have done most everything I can.

Do have a question.... should I put a trickle charge on my boat batteries? Probably gonna get close to 20 below 0 here.

I just lit up Ventusky.com <-- DO THIS!!

It shows the weather everywhere; temp, precip, wind, yada

I was just checking my outdoor thermometer with the Ventusky number (they were a degree out)...

And without thinking much about it, I just expanded to a god's-eye view. Damn' near catted on the spot!

It IS a Weather BOMB!

Here I sit, in 71-2F sunny weather, and where I sit is the very last fargin tiny place where the temperature is warm -- the south end of Floriduh.

And just a tad north of where Scooter is, the temperature right now is -41F

Go to here (if this works):
Ventusky - Weather Forecast Maps

Morning Misfits. Gla to see you are up and about Big.

Yup the whole country better brace from this storm. I think I have done most everything I can.

Do have a question.... should I put a trickle charge on my boat batteries? Probably gonna get close to 20 below 0 here.
If you have a battery that you can open and see the water level (distilled water only)
Then open and fill each cell before storing, the Maintenace free you can not add water.
I found this
[MEDIA=youtube

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back