Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just getting into duck eggs here and am impressed. If any of ya'll are near Portland, I have a friend who is in the process of starting up a chicken and duck farm.

Good morning fellow misfits! More rain today, starting at 36F.

Not a lot accomplished yesterday other than sitting with a heating pad on my back but did get a call from a high maintenance tenant who broke a cabinet pull and couldn't get the screw out to install a replacement. I drove over and was able to remove the screw in seconds using my fingers, so wondering what gives.................

Grayfox has a doctor's appointment this morning, so we are skipping our usual Thursday morning breakfast out and having lunch out with a friend at Pardners Barbecue instead.
Good morning GW. I hope you back is feeling better today.
maybe your tenant didn’t get the righty tighty, lefty loosey thing 😂

Last edited:
I woofed down two toasted with butter and raspberry preserves. Wish I had some duck eggs left. One of those and a couple of slices of bacon would make a great breakfast for tomorrow.
Yes the bacon duck egg thing sounds really good. I have access to duck chicken and even an occasional turkey egg or two now and then. The turkey eggs are a bit unusual giant and thick inside. I’ve only used them in baking so far as they are still a bit unusual for me to just scramble up
84A862A8-F237-4C1D-830A-4C29695DCEB1.jpeg

Good morning, Islanders. Enjoy coffee working on my first 🐝. Wishing I had one of Subbies english muffins. I guess store bought muffin will have to do. 🤪
Wish I could run you some over ness. I’m gonna take a few to my momma today. I dont know why nobody makes them around my area at the bakeries. Perhaps they do. I had the best ones in Portland once and came home from that trip and made them a few times. I had forgotten about how good they were until hippie reminded me of them.

Good morning

speaking of ducks , sometimes i feel like a duck , i dont give a quack

it is nice to wake up with no headache this morning..been fighting one for about three days

so yeah , break out the strawberry preserves and English muffins

I never tried duck eggs. Do duck eggs taste different than chicken eggs?
Yes, they are most delicious rich and creamy with delightful dark yellow yolks. Even the chicken eggs I get from my neighbor are much richer than store bought eggs. I’ve always wanted a hen house but it’s nice to live close to one too where my neighbor gets so many eggs they share. There are chickens on the other side of my fence in the back where I can enjoy watching them too maybe I can talk these folks out of some chicken poo for my garden. I wonder what they do with it. The folks behind me don’t have a garden… I don’t know them aside from waving and knowing their dogs which bark at my dogs everyday to say Hi. Maybe I need to walk over there….

Good morning

speaking of ducks , sometimes i feel like a duck , i dont give a quack

it is nice to wake up with no headache this morning..been fighting one for about three days

so yeah , break out the strawberry preserves and English muffins
Glad you’re feeling better today big. No headache is a real relief I’m sure 🥰

Yes, they are most delicious rich and creamy with delightful dark yellow yolks. Even the chicken eggs I get from my neighbor are much richer than store bought eggs. I’ve always wanted a hen house but it’s nice to live close to one too where my neighbor gets so many eggs they share. There are chickens on the other side of my fence in the back where I can enjoy watching them too maybe I can talk these folks out of some chicken poo for my garden. I wonder what they do with it. The folks behind me don’t have a garden… I don’t know them aside from waving and knowing their dogs which bark at my dogs everyday to say Hi. Maybe I need to walk over there….

your garden will love the chicken ferts , last i looked it was about $14 dollars a pound at the Big R

if you ever get some chickens , remember that it is difficult to find a chicken babysitter if you go on vacation

Glad you’re feeling better today big. No headache is a real relief I’m sure 🥰

thanks SG…….

i got lucky and inherited the migraine gene from my mom

out of 10 kids , 4 of us got the pounding head , nausea , puke on the floor , cant stand noise or light , go to the ER for a couple shots of Demarol type of migraines

mine are triggered by low pressure systems , not chocolate or coffee

but booze is a trigger and so are a lot of the opiates , Tramadol , Ultrum , etc and i avoid them like the plague

i have had to take a few opiates in the past , broken neck comes to mind , and its a bout a 50-50 chance of copping a migraine

i used to inject Imitrex for relief but when i found out the side effects , heart might blow up , i quit that sh-it about 10 years ago and now i just deal with them

i once had a full blown migraine and i took 2-3 grams of psilocybin , boy oh boy , what a weird trip

Good morning GW. I hope you back is feeling better today.
maybe your tenant didn’t get the righty tighty, lefty loosey thing 😂
Good morning SG! My back is some better, but it still takes my breath away if I move right.

My tenant is a dingbat who kept her mom's unit when she died. The resident expert on virtually all things, just like her mom, who repeatedly reminds me that she is a plumber's daughter but seems clueless on things mechanical.

The painters put the handles back on, but they left a spare and it was newer looking than the old identical chrome handle, so she decided to swap them.

She had one screw out and broke the handle trying to remove the handle without taking the second screw out. She then took the second screw out about halfway and stopped.................. She actually called Grayfox and asked her to call the painters back from Forest Grove to fix it and I said it would not be fair to them, so did it myself.
I never tried duck eggs. Do duck eggs taste different than chicken eggs?
What SG said. The are richer and the yolks are bigger and darker. The whites are also thicker.

Last edited:
Good morning SG! My back is some better, but it still takes my breath away if I move right.

My tenant is a dingbat who kept her mom's unit when she died. The resident expert on virtually all things, just like her mom, who repeatedly reminds me that she is a plumber's daughter but seems clueless on things mechanical.

The painters put the handles back on, but they left a spare and it was newer looking than the old identical chrome handle, so she decided to swap them.

She had one screw out and broke the handle trying to remove the handle without taking the second screw out. She then took the second screw out about halfway and stopped.................. She actually called Grayfox and asked her to call the painters back from Forest Grove to fix it and I said it would not be fair to them, so did it myself.

What SG said. The are richer and the yolks are bigger and darker.

have you been to any Wal Mart stores in Portland?

Morning misfits. How is the younger crowd doing today. Sorry about the headaches Big.

oh thanks Amigo , i hope i didnt come off as a whiney bass turd , i know each and every one of us has a cross or burden that we carry , whether it is emotional or physical , we never know what the person next to us is going through

i wish the Best for all you Cool Cats

thanks SG…….

i got lucky and inherited the migraine gene from my mom

out of 10 kids , 4 of us got the pounding head , nausea , puke on the floor , cant stand noise or light , go to the ER for a couple shots of Demarol type of migraines

mine are triggered by low pressure systems , not chocolate or coffee

but booze is a trigger and so are a lot of the opiates , Tramadol , Ultrum , etc and i avoid them like the plague

i have had to take a few opiates in the past , broken neck comes to mind , and its a bout a 50-50 chance of copping a migraine

i used to inject Imitrex for relief but when i found out the side effects , heart might blow up , i quit that sh-it about 10 years ago and now i just deal with them

i once had a full blown migraine and i took 2-3 grams of psilocybin , boy oh boy , what a weird trip
Oh wow, I’m sorry there is no relief for you. I’ve only had two migraines in my life thank goodness but remember them being horrible for a few hours till the next day even. I know they must be working on a fix for them and I’ll bet it is something super simple when they finally find it.

Oh wow, I’m sorry there is no relief for you. I’ve only had two migraines in my life thank goodness but remember them being horrible for a few hours till the next day even. I know they must be working on a fix for them and I’ll bet it is something super simple when they finally find it.

i hope so too SG , my poor daughter has inherited them from me , the boys didnt

i am thinking of medicating with some lsd for the pain

there is some very encouraging data coming from the medical community on the effectiveness of lsd for pain management

i am down to talk to my doctor about some orange sunshine

have you been to any Wal Mart stores in Portland?
I've never shopped at Walmart in Portland, only in Mississippi and Louisiana where there is not a lot of other choices.

I did notice that they are closing both of their stores here, because of crime and because there are enough other choices here that they haven't done as well.

i hope so too SG , my poor daughter has inherited them from me , the boys didnt

i am thinking of medicating with some lsd for the pain

there is some very encouraging data coming from the medical community on the effectiveness of lsd for pain management

i am down to talk to my doctor about some orange sunshine
I just had that thought of talking to my wuss doc about orange sunshine 😂😂😂

Latest posts

Back