Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out boys & girls. See ya tomorrow; same bat time, same bat channel.

1678939163605.png

Morning Folks
Good Morning Folks

In 1968, the author received the Pulitzer Prize for this photograph - one of the most prestigious awards in the United States, which is awarded for achievements in music, cinema, theater and journalism.

The picture shows two electricians, Randall Champion and Jay Thompson, hanging from a power pole. That day there was a strong heat and nothing foreshadowed trouble. The hum of air conditioners in July 1967 was heard throughout the state of Florida. Because of them, in the city of Jacksonville, there was an overload of power lines, and this caused a power surge.

Randall and Jay were doing routine maintenance on a live line when Randall accidentally touched one of the wires. A discharge of 4000 V passed through the body and his heart stopped. For understanding: during the execution in the electric chair, a voltage of 2000 V is used

Randall's lifeless body hung from the harness. But his partner Jay did not lose his head, realizing that every second is precious, he began to give him artificial respiration right on the pole. It was very inconvenient, but there was no other way out. In such a situation, it is difficult to conduct a normal resuscitation, but Jay still tried to start his friend's heart until he had a weak pulse.

Only after that he unhooked his partner's insurance and, throwing him over his shoulder, went down to the ground. By the time the rescuers arrived (they were called by professional photographer Rocco Morabito, who happened to be at the scene), Champion was already conscious on the ground.

Not only was he saved, thanks to Thompson, but he lived another 35 years. The electrician died in 2003 at the age of 64.

Thompson is alive today.
1678964038877.png

Morning Folks
Good Morning Folks

In 1968, the author received the Pulitzer Prize for this photograph - one of the most prestigious awards in the United States, which is awarded for achievements in music, cinema, theater and journalism.

The picture shows two electricians, Randall Champion and Jay Thompson, hanging from a power pole. That day there was a strong heat and nothing foreshadowed trouble. The hum of air conditioners in July 1967 was heard throughout the state of Florida. Because of them, in the city of Jacksonville, there was an overload of power lines, and this caused a power surge.

Randall and Jay were doing routine maintenance on a live line when Randall accidentally touched one of the wires. A discharge of 4000 V passed through the body and his heart stopped. For understanding: during the execution in the electric chair, a voltage of 2000 V is used

Randall's lifeless body hung from the harness. But his partner Jay did not lose his head, realizing that every second is precious, he began to give him artificial respiration right on the pole. It was very inconvenient, but there was no other way out. In such a situation, it is difficult to conduct a normal resuscitation, but Jay still tried to start his friend's heart until he had a weak pulse.

Only after that he unhooked his partner's insurance and, throwing him over his shoulder, went down to the ground. By the time the rescuers arrived (they were called by professional photographer Rocco Morabito, who happened to be at the scene), Champion was already conscious on the ground.

Not only was he saved, thanks to Thompson, but he lived another 35 years. The electrician died in 2003 at the age of 64.

Thompson is alive today.
View attachment 322241
Ya just got caught kissing the dude and had to come up with a good story
Sounds like Roster wrote that script for you.

Good morning everyone 🥰 Busy day in the garden as I have a lot going on. All my auto seeds popped and they are in the baby tank waiting for a couple leaves to get going on them before I transplant them into 3 gallon pots which is 1 gallon larger than the last time I planted autos as they required more water during non water times causing me to give emergency water at times so I’m hoping that the larger pots will give them just enough to hold off till feed/water time on my own schedule.

‘Also started the Godfather OG seeds last night. I’m hoping they all pop as I would like four of them in my other inside tent.
Also dropped seeds for my outdoor grow. this was much harder this year as my seeds are not feminized so I planted more than I need and hope to get y’all’s help when it comes to sexing time as I’m not real comfortable with plus have no idea how managing so many plants until that time will go

still have four plants ready for trim. Gonna try and trim two of them today or maybe at least one depending on the time I have left in the day. Two plants is a lot in one day for me and the girl crush could go a few more days so I have a buffer.
hope everyone has a swell day ✌️

Latest posts

Back