Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you got me blushing.🥰 I can just see it now. Just remember i get to lead, and you keep your hand off my butt,,,,until the last few minutes of the dance.. 😂 😂 😂
After the second beer, all bets are off.....

Getting ready to cut and hang a plant...stinky s-hit.
Weird for me to see all that outside !
I am going to my customers house in the next few days .I will take a pic.
My filter is in the basement here. To cold to have it outside.

A friend from far up in the mountains is stopping by today to get her annual supply of clones. She grows at 9,500 feet in a green house successfully. I give her clones about 18" tall so she has a head start with a short growing season.

Still snowing......

Yeah if you have a basement where the water comes in then it can be on the inside. It has to go where your water 1st goes into your house. Mine comes into the house on the right side of the unit. . Thats where they dug down and connected everything. My house sets on a concrete pad Remember i live in Texas. 😁

Pute it sets under an overhang from my porch and the pipes are insulated and has Heat tape with a thermostat.

Last edited:
1678985811150.png

Smoke break from trimming. Taking it slow and easy. Snowing outside so there will be nothing to do when finished.
I take it that no water stays in the tank?
Water would have to stay in the tank ....wouldn't it? Unless there is a storage tank inside somewhere.

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
egypt.gif
Cloudy here with light rain, starting at 38F.

Well, my home theater receiver didn't arrive yesterday as originally promised and the delivery date moved to Friday.

A quality hour plus watching knee surgery class with Grayfox, with nothing new from my last knee surgery.

Housekeepers due this morning, and I have an early tri annual dental cleaning appointment.
Nice, our weather is 60ish, but a front coming in will drop it to 20ish in a couple hours. Come on summer!

Bubba

break it down into budetts and sit on top of fridge or someplace warm
Broke it into budletts and put it about 4” under my seed tray heater. It was dry enough today to roll up and smoked really nice with good taste. Looking forward to it being all done. Perfect outcome imo 😊

That's what I was thinking. All it would take is a couple of days below freezing to bust that tank if it's got water in it.
It is full of salt, maybe that helps? I've never seen one outside. My house had a rainsoft in the basement. Went on the fritz, guy came out and said the "economy" repair would work, replacing the "brain" for a mere 1400 bucks. I showed him the door. Just replaced hot water heater recently, and when they came to install, I paid him to remove and haul it off. 1400 my butte! I can buy one at home Depot for half that.

Bubba

I take it that no water stays in the tank?
In the wintertime, the pipes are heated by heat tape and those tanks are mostly filled with filter material. Besides, i will be building something around it anyway this summer to make it look better. Glad i got you old bastards giving me pointers. Negative Nancys.😁
Besides,, i have a 7yr warranty.

And yes I'm sure the salt helps but let's say we have a few real bad days and it isn't working well due to ice or something. All i have to do is turn a few valves and bypass it until the freezing weather is gone. Very simple fix but i don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Did some reading on these systems and it shouldn't be a problem with the heat tape, especially if i leave a faucet inside dripping where the water running thru the heated pippes is not static. Besides, i plan on building a little cover for the tanks, so it won't be a problem anyway. And they are under a covered porch that the north wind is blocked by the garage wall. And if we have another winter like the one where we were -10f ,, i will be putting a small heat lamp inside the cover. I cover all my hydrants too during the winter so won't be a big deal.

Latest posts

Back