Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1684965667285.png

The pink one looks like some type of Honeysuckle.

Trumpet Honeysuckle

View attachment 329221
Ding ding ding! The Pullet's got an app on her phone and got a 100% match. They're called a Tatarian Honeysuckle. The one in the pic is at least 9' tall. I've got more way out back if I remember right. They don't keep their flowers a real long time.

I've also got some Zombie trees. Ain't got a clue what they are, but you can't kill 'em. I've cut them off level with the ground, and they come back. I've cut them off and painted the stumps with Roundup, and they come back. I've cut them down and poured used motor oil ove 'em. They come back. Fast growing, too.

Just dropped by to say HIGH to all of my old friends. Hope life has been KIND to you and all is well in your world. Still trying to survive in this new world.. A special shouout to Boo for the early B-Day gifts that will be enjoyed long after the day has passed. 2 am here so I will say good night and take care n stay safe!!!

Goode morning Island denizens! Hugz and good wishes all around!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

We discovered that Habitat for Humanities wanted $40 to pick up our donated recliner, plus we had to move it to the curb ourselves, so we loaded it on a furniture dolly and parked it at the curb with free sign on it. It was gone within the hour.

Another gorgeous day starting at 52F and predicted to reach 80F.

Breakfast out this morning, but otherwise a clear calendar, so I'll attempt to contact my webmaster and get XP Pro and my 32 bit Auto Cad program loaded in the used laptop I picked up for the purpose.

More scheming on adding railing to the basement stairs. I can add a post at the bottom, but it will mostly be in the way and require removal to move equipment in and out, plus finding another spot for the laundry basket.

It looks like Hippies solution to rehang the door to swing the other way would work, so I have a continuous wall to hang the rail from, though that will also require relocating the basement light switch on the other side as well and wall repair where I remove the trim, that is plastered in flush.

Yet another option is to install two shorter rails, with one on the left until past the door and then one on the right the rest of the way.

Being that we are usually carrying something, such as a laundry basket when climbing the stairs, yet another solution is to sell out and buy/build a single level residence. Alas, even our rentals are two stories with basements.

Just dropped by to say HIGH to all of my old friends. Hope life has been KIND to you and all is well in your world. Still trying to survive in this new world.. A special shouout to Boo for the early B-Day gifts that will be enjoyed long after the day has passed. 2 am here so I will say good night and take care n stay safe!!!

great to see ya Amigo!….wishing you nothing but the Best!

Good morning folks, always nice to see you post ribs…you say safe out there, I was wondering how the ribs have healed since the accident

Latest posts

Back