Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tenor.gif

Hey Bubba, I'd bet you'd know if they still re-paper the cones on big speakers. I've got a pair of 15 inch that have torn up too bad to use 'em. Don't know if they'll paper or poly them, but I've lost all my info on who and were they rebuild 'em.
Oh yeah, they sure do, I've had 15 and 16 inchJBL and Altec drivers reconed. I have JBL service center nearby do it for the JBL drivers, and Great Plaines Audio for the Altec. All sorts of places re cone speakers, and there are a couple well known ones who sell kits on eBay.

Bubba

Hey Bubba, I'd bet you'd know if they still re-paper the cones on big speakers. I've got a pair of 15 inch that have torn up too bad to use 'em. Don't know if they'll paper or poly them, but I've lost all my info on who and were they rebuild 'em.
Might be you can get away with just replacing the surrounds? Lots of those on ebay too. As long as the voice coils didn't get trashed.

Bubba

A lot of places that sell drivers online also repair them. Madisound, Meniscus come to mind. Building a set of speakers now, 8 6.5 inch woofers in push pull configuration firing from front mounted slots. Equal driver surface as 2 15 inch drivers per side.

3 way with a PVR midrange and some freaky panel tweeter. It is an open baffle design.

Building another space heater Class A amplifier to drive them, which I need like a hole in the head.

Bubba

I still think there’s only two women in the picture. The first one which is older, and then you have the next one to her left, who sits next to the mirror. All the rest are just reflections from what I can see.

Latest posts

Back