Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1688473839609.png

I have and have some in the frig downstairs. Burns the s-hit out of the bottom of my tongue.

2nd pull complete. One more and clean up the mess then looks like I will get somewhere around 30 grams from this.

View attachment 332861

Tinctures do the same thing to me. Burns like hell. I read somewhere that mixing it with coconut oil and then letting the alcohol evaporate works.
Alcohol tinctures burn the tongue when their proof is above 80 to 100 proof. If you remove more of the alcohol, so that is is more dilute it will stop burning.

Consider an tincture where there is enough alcohol to allow it to flow through a dropper, but low enough to not burn.

If you make tincture from kief, you can use 80 proof vodka, without picking up undesirable water solubles or chlorophyll.

Good morning Island brothers and sisters! Let's start this 4th off on an upbeat note by hugging the person or pup/cat next to you!
bigarmhug.gif
Passing left...
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A gorgeous day here, starting at 60F and predicted to reach 94F.

Another fitful sleep night comforting Miss Layla as local narcistic morons set off (illegal) heavy fireworks in the hood around 11:00PM to midnight. We gave her meds to calm her down, so she wasn't as anxious, but still parked beside my bed panting, nuzzling me, and offering me a paw, soliciting reassurance until the noise stopped. I won't elaborate on some of the unkind thoughts I had.

Happy 4th, Islanders! Ain't it funny how we fought two wars with the British, fought two wars for 'em, and then got invaded once again in the 60's (Mannford Man, the Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc.)?

Got to sleep at 0600 and wide awake at 0830. I think the hands had more to do with it than the back did.

Hey GW, is there any kind of extractions/concoctions that would benefit from a vacuum chamber? I bought one for infusing hardeners into exotic wood knife scale blanks, and I'd love to find another practical use for it.

Just for Hippie's sake, count your fingers now, then count 'em again after the fireworks display ya stoners are gonna put on after sundown. If the numbers don't match, seek medical aid, please.

Alcohol tinctures burn the tongue when their proof is above 80 to 100 proof. If you remove more of the alcohol, so that is is more dilute it will stop burning.

Consider an tincture where there is enough alcohol to allow it to flow through a dropper, but low enough to not burn.

If you make tincture from kief, you can use 80 proof vodka, without picking up undesirable water solubles or chlorophyll.
Make some Hash Caps

Happy 4th, Islanders! Ain't it funny how we fought two wars with the British, fought two wars for 'em, and then got invaded once again in the 60's (Mannford Man, the Beatles, Rolling Stones, etc.)?

Got to sleep at 0600 and wide awake at 0830. I think the hands had more to do with it than the back did.

Hey GW, is there any kind of extractions/concoctions that would benefit from a vacuum chamber? I bought one for infusing hardeners into exotic wood knife scale blanks, and I'd love to find another practical use for it.

Just for Hippie's sake, count your fingers now, then count 'em again after the fireworks display ya stoners are gonna put on after sundown. If the numbers don't match, seek medical aid, please.
NEVER LOOK DOWN A MORTAR TUBE THAT FAILED TO FIRE!
Seen it, all we could do was pick up the pieces.

We use vacuum chambers to purge the solvent from alkane or alcohol extractions.
Make some Hash Caps
That works too, but the advantage of a tincture is that it is sublingual so enters the bloodstream faster.

What kinda blades you making?
I used to have the fever bad for smithing still have most of my tooling.
Was just talking to the wife about setting it up again now that I feel better.

Thanks GW. Will try it next time.

Ha ha..... British Rock invasion changed the country forever.

Happy Independence Day!

Latest posts

Back