Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1688574264753.png

In 1975 when the Gunsmoke TV Series ended...Lorne Greene bought The Buckskin Horse whose real name was Danny, that he and James Arness shared riding in between Studios from 1959-1973...Lorne kept him until 1979 then he donated Danny to a Therapeutic Riding Center. where the Horse taught mentally and physically challenged children to ride until his passing in 1992 at the age of 45, an unusually long life for a horse to live.

1688579651679.png

I asked the Old Hen if she wanted to go to Home Depot with me to pick up some sanding belts and mentioned we could stop by Halo Burger on the way back. Got online and found out the ones I needed weren't in stock, but I'd already mentioned food, so I knew I was committed. Gave her the choice between HB or Applebee's. She went for Applebee's.
We walk in and wait for the hostess. She was at the far end of the restaurant and hollered over that she'd seat both of us "ladies" in a second. Ladies? I was standing behind the wife and realized she couldn't see my beard and only noticed two people with tie-died shirts on. She got half way back to us and started apologizing all over the place. I laughed and told her no problem, but I mentioned that she was subject to a felony with a year in jail with a 10K fine for misgendering me, but I'd settle out of court for a smile. Her eyes got wide but she quickly came up with the sweetest smile you could ask for. Really a nice lady, probably in her 50's.

To be honest, I'm not sure the law is yet in effect. It passed the house and is heading for the senate. The governor already said she'd pass it if it makes it to her desk.

Good morning Island brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
bong2.gif
dog3.gif
german-shepherd.gif
dogwalk.gif
dcat.gif

Yet another gorgeous day here, starting at 64F and predicted to reach 95F.

Loud fireworks until about 3:00AM this morning, with Miss Layla seeking reassurance and solace. Mellisa our cat spent the night pacing on top of me as well, so I'm still tired this morning, with lots of unkind thoughts.

I have an invite to sit on a Q&A panel following Pharmex's cannabis extraction and formulation classes next weekend in McMinnville, and a 710 party later this week.

Housekeepers due this morning, so its off to Fernhill dog park for me and the sleek sly pup. She didn't get much sleep last night either, so don't know how socially active she will be.
Graywolf - I love all the animated pics. I hope all is well with your family / animals after them hearing loud bangs that our animals can hear more intense than our ears can. Have fun with the panel on extraction and formulation. Please share the experience as I want to keep learning about cannabis. Thank you brother. I love you 😘

Latest posts

Back