Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
somewhere around the early 70’s teaching my boy the ropes

we used whole shad 4-6” inches surf rods and reels , fished for stripers below Keystone dam off Lake Keystone west of Tulsa

it was fun hooking a 10-20 pounder in that swift water

View attachment 336983

pretty much exactly like this

We would go fishing in Montauk with a reknown guide.
FIRST We would catch porgies .
I was used to small porgies in the Long Island Sound.
Montauk porgies were huge ,so huge I would have been happy to take these godzilla fish home
Then we would cut a fin ,live line and drift over some structure or a depression.
The trick was to give the striper enough time to swallow the fish then set it .
We caught cows

Not me. I make a prune look young.
Meh. I'm closer in years to 100 than I am in years going back to most of youse.

Here is an interesting thing you will find you HAVE to do: Go back in time from your birthdate as far as the age you are now. Look up what happened that year.

In my case... Born in 1940. So going backwards, we get to the year... Holy smokes: 1857!! :eek:

* The Second Opium War -- France and United States declare war on China. <-- Din' know that

* A bitchin' earthquake hit Tokyo (Edo) with over 100,000 killed. Jeez.

* The horrid Sepoy Mutiny begins. Delhi seized. Cawnpore Well.

* The first Victoria Cross is bestowed.

* The Panic of 1857 begins, setting off one of the most severe economic crises in United States history.

Here is an interesting thing you will find you HAVE to do: Go back in time from your birthdate as far as the age you are now. Look up what happened that year.

In my case... Born in 1940. So going backwards, we get to the year... Holy smokes: 1857!! :eek:

* The Second Opium War -- France and United States declare war on China. <-- Din' know that

* The Panic of 1857 begins, setting off one of the most severe economic crises in United States history.
A living artifact from the hoary days of yore, as it were...................................

Ya old bastard. You have probably forgot more than I know. Just don't tell me what you forgot because I will most definitely forget what you said, or fall asleep reading it.😁

Sad thing is,my old ass is in better shape than some of the younger ones. One guy is in his late 50s and has had back surgery and two knees replaced. The other one was a helicopter pilot, looks 80 and can't hear shit without his hearing aids and has false teeth. He is 63.😟

Sad thing is,my old ass is in better shape than some of the younger ones. One guy is in his late 50s and has had back surgery and two knees replaced. The other one was a helicopter pilot, looks 80 and can't hear shit without his hearing aids and has false teeth. He is 63.😟
In life it depends what you did in life.
We then pay for it later in life.
so much so .I want to write a song .
I think Ima going to call it
" Thats Life".. :rolleyes:

pervert?!

Irene! Irene! help! help!

just wait until she finishes up,her first cup and then boy howdy , she has one of those little Patwi FFA whips and she knows how to use it on the dickheads!

IMG_5429.jpeg

Latest posts

Back