Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally got a tent up and am now debating what and where to vent in and out...I'm thinking an 8" fan to pull the carbon scrubber and hot air out and a 6" fan to bring in a/c...the tent is in my home for this run...I'm quite relieved to see my ceilings are at 8.4" above my floor...the carpet makes fitting the tent indoors a close call...I hope to get help to install the light and the carbon scrubber...

I don't know about Hopper's neck of the woods, but when I was working in the trades, that would get you the brown noser award.
Hippie: No it would not. Really. This ain't my opinion, it is just a data point.

A decent "Thank You" note has been found to be a trait of employees that turn out to be above the average. <-- It is an attitude resulting in what used to be a common action for those starting a position, not a dicksuck.

Suckup activity is generally done by those who decide to play that game later on.

If you salute an officer, rather than ignoring or pretending you do not see him... you are in a group of sojers that are better at soldiering overall. Pretty much the same trait. <-- The flip side would be the REMF BOLO.

Last edited:
Back when the wife and I first got married, we were stopped at a light in downtown Flint. A gorgeous blond went bouncing down the crosswalk right in front of the truck. I guess my eyes followed her, and the wife noticed big time. "You like that, don't ya?"
I replied that I equate a fine looking female to an exotic car. I look at Lamborghinis, but I drive Chevys.
Her reply? "Ya, but you wouldn't mind taking either of 'em for a test ride."

Had to give her that one......
My wife always got a kick out of me lookin'. She figgered if I could no longer like purty girlies, she wuz in trubble her own self.

Didn't matter where I got my appetite as long as I ate at home.

1694170968809.png

Hippie: No it would not. Really. This ain't my opinion, it is just a data point.

A decent "Thank You" note has been found to be a trait of employees that turn out to be above the average. <-- It is an attitude resulting in what used to be a common action for those starting a position, not a dicksuck.

Suckup activity is generally done by those who decide to play that game later on.

If you salute an officer, rather than ignoring or pretending you do not see him... you are in a group of sojers that are better at soldiering overall. Pretty much the same trait. <-- The flip side would be the REMF BOLO.
For what it's worth, I always sent a follow up letter after an interview. Something more to set me apart from the other candidates.

Good Fried day morning brothers and sisters! Hugz all around! Smokup if ya gottum!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
rollitup.gif
cigar5.gif
volcano.gif
animbong.gif

Another gorgeous day here starting at 53F and predicted to reach 78F.

Did any of ya'll read about the discovery of Anadoluvius turkae hominid fossils in Anatolia, Turkey, that predate those in Africa, suggesting that hominid evolution was forged over the harsh real estate adjacent to the ice sheets in Europe, not in Africa.

For what it's worth, I always sent a follow up letter after an interview. Something more to set me apart from the other candidates.

Good Fried day morning brothers and sisters! Hugz all around! Smokup if ya gottum!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
rollitup.gif
cigar5.gif
volcano.gif
animbong.gif

Another gorgeous day here starting at 53F and predicted to reach 78F.

Did any of ya'll read about the discovery of Anadoluvius turkae hominid fossils in Anatolia, Turkey, that predate those in Africa, suggesting that hominid evolution was forged over the harsh real estate adjacent to the ice sheets in Europe, not in Africa.
Did not see that, does this changed the evolution of mankind?

Did not see that, does this changed the evolution of mankind?
It only suggests that while the great apes originated in Africa, the Hominid that evolved from them did so in Europe and flowed back to Africa. Evolution typically has something driving it, and there was more survival pressure at the edge of the ice fields than in the just another day in Paradise subtropical Africa jungles.

Latest posts

Back