Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1698165668076.png

Al and Joe​

Al and Joe two guys are bungee jumping one day. Al says to Joe, "You know, we could make a lot of money renting our very own bungee-jumping service in Mexico. They don't have it down there." Joe thinks this is a great idea, so they pool their money and buy everything they'll need: a tower, an elastic cord, insurance, and all. They travel down to Mexico and begin to set up on the square. As they are constructing the tower, a crowd begins to assemble. Slowly, more and more people gather to watch them at work. When they had finished, there was such a crowd, they thought it would be a good idea to give a demonstration to the large crowd below! So Al jumps........... Al bounces at the end of the cord, but when he comesfback up, Joe notices that he has a few cuts and scratches. Unfortunately, Joe isn't able to catch him, and he goes down again, bounces, and comes back up. This time, he is bruised and bleeding. Again, Joe misses him. Al falls again and bounces back up.This time, he is pretty messed up. He's got a couple of broken bones and is almost unconscious. Luckily, Joe catches him this time and says, "What happened? Was the cord too long?" Barely able to speak, Al gasps, "No, the bungee cord was fine. It was the crowd. What the hell is a pinata?"

I'm off to get a barium sonogram on my lower esophogas...seems I am having issues with swallowing occasionally so this is what they do to check it out...geez I hate fasting...
I have a hard time keepin' up with you guys! Never had a barium sonogram, but I get a *pocket in my esophagus that catches food. Only way to clear it is to retch. Very uncomfortable. It has to be ballooned open.

Good luck, boo.

*True story. I met my wife and we dated for a while, including an out of state flight to her hometown for me to meet her very nice, very straight-laced parents at Christmas time. Went to a local landmark restaurant for dinner, and a chunk of food got caught in my esophagus. I excused myself and went to the restroom to barf it up...resulting in being gone for a while and swollen, red eyes of course.

Finally got back to the table, and her mom notices and asks me what's wrong with my bloody eyeballs.
(Oh boy - daughter's boyfriend goes to restroom...returns with a snotty nose and bloodshot eyes)

Keep in mind...her sister also was there with her husband, and they were all looking at me - not that a lifetime of smoking weed had made me a little 'noid of people, mind ya'. Y'all 'get it', I think. Anyway...

I apologized and told her what had happened, and she told me about the esophagus pocket issue.
She was a nurse. I had no idea what the problem was, but she did. First time I'd ever heard of it.

Now it's done when I get my colonoscopy. Hopefully they use a different catheter.

I have a hard time keepin' up with you guys! Never had a barium sonogram, but I get a *pocket in my esophagus that catches food. Only way to clear it is to retch. Very uncomfortable. It has to be ballooned open.
Good luck, boo.

guess I should have looked closer at the calendar...I'm scheduled for the 26th...doh...

26th? That's when I go back to the pump doc. He tickled me last time I was there. He mentioned that the BP pills I was on seemed to be keeping my pressure in control. I laughed and mentioned I hadn't taken them in over six months!

Brother, been there done that… up at the cabin I put a hammock between two walnut trees right by the waterfalls, and I could never fall asleep there either… when I close my eyes my mind starts to get over active and thoughts bang around inside my head like a pinball machine… the prescription I got last week seems to be doing its job and I’m falling asleep easier at night than I have been in the past…

Latest posts

Back