Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
overall , that is a nice sailboat for the money

but not what we are looking for

for one , the Cascade has a narrow beam of about 11’ feet

we would like at least 13’

we want 2 heads and 2 staterooms

that is at least where we are starting from….but we will also,adapt and change if needed

nice boat TOG!….

what was her name?

this one is for sale in Mexico for$33k

View attachment 344804

View attachment 344805
She was named Illusions. I'll dig into my archives to try and find a shot of the custom interior.
but not what we are looking for

for one , the Cascade has a narrow beam of about 11’ feet

we would like at least 13’

we want 2 heads and 2 staterooms

that is at least where we are starting from….but we will also,adapt and change if needed
Illusions had a 6.5' taller mast than standard, with attendant deeper keel, and was cutter rigged to sail in light winds. It had a dagger keel, so would also come about on a dime.

She was named Illusions. I'll dig into my archives to try and find a shot of the custom interior.

Illusions had a 6.5' taller mast than standard, with attendant deeper keel, and was cutter rigged to sail in light winds. It had a dagger keel, so would also come about on a dime.

they have the lines for a nice fast ride that’s for sure….

we are leaning towards something with a full keel for blue water cruising , comfort , not speed

like a Westsail or a Cape Dory…..full keels , heavy ballast..

that particular ad did not have a full photo of the galley , only the gimbaled 3 burner stove

but here is one and it is a full tour..

first glimpse of the galley is at the 1 minute mark

Illusions had a shower. The reverse osmosis plant was also in the lazarette vis a vis the v-berth.

they have the lines for a nice fast ride that’s for sure….

we are leaning towards something with a full keel for blue water cruising , comfort , not speed

like a Westsail or a Cape Dory…..full keels , heavy ballast..
I liked the Cascade because of its performance in light winds. We were sailing with a jib and baggy main when others were motoring.

Gooode Topless Tuesday morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
dog3.gif
german-shepherd.gif
dogwalk.gif
snoopy2.gif

Much rain predicted to day, starting at 49F and predicted to reach 57F.

I got volunteered for Costco grocery shopping yesterday, so didn't get everything on my list done. Specifically my presence was requested for my keen alleged mind and to load and unload the large size cat liter.

The pea soup with ham and French tarragon from our garden turned out well, but I'll be experimenting with Mom's biscuits and making green tomato bread today instead. Depending on the prognosticator, we could have our first freeze this week, so time to harvest the rest of the tomatoes.

I had a Borzoi that would patiently wait for ground moles to stick their heads out of their holes, snag 'em by the head, and give it one chomp to kill it and then lean his head straight back and swallow it in one gulp. Figured it would choke him, but it never did. Wish I had him back.
they are like braciole to dogs

Latest posts

Back