Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so hungry I'm already planning tomorrow's meal. One can of tuna with no mayo, just the tuna straight outta the can, and maybe a poached egg or two. Halloween is a family tradition, caramel popcorn balls with nuts. As long as I just eat those and stop at three, I'll still be in check for the calorie count, I hope.
Wife made me chicken and dumplings yesterday. That's what I'm taking to work.
Told her I was gonna add some red beans. I love beans in everything.
Should have seen the look she gave me 😂😂😂

My Father had a F100 pickup i took my road-test.
A 360 also 4 speed with a granny gear that climbed anything and a big bench seat.
people learned about love in the back of a Dodge,for me it was a pickup truck!
For me it was a neighborhood friend of mines girlfriend. He was on vacation with his family,,she wasn't.😁
Was my 1st time. He didn't speak to me for a few weeks.😉
Never seen her again and neither did he.😎
Hey,,I was like 13 and very confused.😁

For me it was a neighborhood friend of mine His Family was on vacation and left him home alone for the week..😁
Never seen him again and never scrubbed myself so hard to get that smell off.😎
WOW ^^^^^^^

Merry Moonday brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A gorgeous clear day here starting at 37F and predicted to rise to 58F.

Some quality time trimming climbing rosebushes at one of the rentals. They were planted by a previous tenant and the new tenants are not gardeners, so didn't trim on President's Day and they were out of hand. I filled the recycle bin and cut up a pile to load later this week, after the bin is empty.

The good news that my SIL who was out of her mind on pain meds, has calmed down and regained a modicum of sanity, so not so upsetting to Grayfox, who is trying to provide convalescent support.
Good morning GW. I know the out of her mind on pain meds feeling as I just went thru it with my momma. I think she finally got adapted to the meds which calmed her down but we didn’t see to much life from her after that. I hope that your SIL is comfortable as well as GF getting thru this hard time. Pain management is sometimes a real pain 🥰

Good morning GW. I know the out of her mind on pain meds feeling as I just went thru it with my momma. I think she finally got adapted to the meds which calmed her down but we didn’t see to much life from her after that. I hope that your SIL is comfortable as well as GF getting thru this hard time. Pain management is sometimes a real pain 🥰
Good morning SG!

My SIL is a world class drama queen, so ostensibly we would have heard about it if she was very uncomfortable.

She fractured her back, which has to seriously hurt and they have her not only on heavy pain meds, but tranquilizers. The end effect was paranoia, which was not only difficult to deal with, but heart breaking to see her go through such anguish. Especially for Grayfox, who loves her dearly and is spending lots of time with her during recovery.

Hey peeps,

Went to Chicago over the weekend. What a blast. Took today off though as I didn't sleep for shit in the hotel on Saturday night, still tired.lol Probably walked 6 miles while we were there. We actually stayed in and hung around in Chinatown which was really interesting. Ate lots of great Chinese food. Also found a liquor shop where they were selling premium brands for dirt cheap, so I got myself a 12 year old bottle of scotch, to knock the edge off. All in all it was a great trip but I am glad to be home.

Last edited:
Hey peeps,

Went to Chicago over the weekend. What a blast. Took today off though as I didn't sleep for shit in the hotel on Saturday night, still tired.lol Probably walked 6 miles while we were there. We actually stayed in and hung around in Chinatown which was really interesting. Ate lots of great Chinese food. Also found a liquor shop where they were selling premium brands for dirt cheap, so I got myself a 12 year old bottle of scotch, to knock the edge off. All in all it was a great trip but I am glad to home.
Do they still sell fireworks LOL

My Father had a F100 pickup i took my road-test.
A 360 also 4 speed with a granny gear that climbed anything and a big bench seat.
people learned about love in the back of a Dodge,for me it was a pickup truck!
Dad started teaching me to drive when I was 12 - in a '50 Chevy Business Coupe, three on the tree.
By the time I got my regular license at 16, I was a seasoned driver that could back a horse trailer with his '66 GMC pickup (manual shift) using only the side mirrors. He wouldn't let me look out the rear window.

In Florida at the time, if you tested with an automatic transmission car, you were restricted to automatics. If you tested with a manual you could drive either. I took my test with a manual transmission. It was a very short test. Tester said "Well, that was easy".

Guess I was just born to be a car guy type. Beats havin' brains, and bein' expected to think, and shit. That's my wife. lol

Dad started teaching me to drive when I was 12 - in a '50 Chevy Business Coupe, three on the tree.
By the time I got my regular license at 16, I was a seasoned driver that could back a horse trailer with his '66 GMC pickup (manual shift) using only the side mirrors. He wouldn't let me look out the rear window.

In Florida at the time, if you tested with an automatic transmission car, you were restricted to automatics. If you tested with a manual you could drive either. I took my test with a manual transmission. It was a very short test. Tester said "Well, that was easy".

Guess I was just born to be a car guy type. Beats havin' brains, and bein' expected to think, and shit. That's my wife. lol
I learned to drive on an Allis Chalmers tractor and moved up to a Jeepster three speed. I drove 5-Speed/ dual speed axle dump trucks on county roads at age 14 and got my license in a three speed on the column 58 Chevy Yeoman station wagon.

I learned to drive on an Allis Chalmers tractor and moved up to a Jeepster three speed. I drove 5-Speed/ dual speed axle dump trucks on county roads at age 14 and got my license in a three speed on the column 58 Chevy Yeoman station wagon.
Yup. I "helped train" the guys from the big city that I was in the military with. I'd never before known anyone who couldn't drive, and a couple of them city boys had never driven a car before.

Glad I grew up country. I'm exactly that, through and through.

"Born To Be Country, Forced To Live In Town."

For me it was a neighborhood friend of mines girlfriend. He was on vacation with his family,,she wasn't.😁
Never seen her again and neither did he.😎
My first time was with another first timer.
Neither one of us knew what we were doing, but man it sure felt nice and she sure smelled good! lol

Latest posts

Back