Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t buy nto that theory either

but that is a debate for another day!

this old man needs to hit the sack , it has been a loooooong day indeed!

see all you Cool Cats in the morning

Look!…..no flop!

IMG_7067.jpeg

So a girlfriend of mine has been having stomach issues for almost 2 years now and has been in the hospital several trying to figure it all out. She has had scans, tests, even had her gall bladder removed and continues to have issues with nausea and vomiting. She just got back from another hospital stay. This time they are blaming it on her cannabis usage. She has a card and uses the pharmacy in florida to get her weed usually. I was thinking what the heck? And when I hung up with her i googled it and I guess it’s a thing…
have y’all ever heard of anyone with this problem? She has been smoking weed for more than 50 years pretty regular.
this is the article I found on it…
https://svhealthcare.org/wellness-connection/marijuana-related-stomach-disorder-on-the-rise

I've heard of cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, but never suffered it: Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

I've heard of cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, but never suffered it: Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

thanks for the link Brother , an interesting read

more long term studies are needed , in my humble opinion

then there is this angle , which is another study in and of itself…..which takes a lot of time

i believe the jury is still out on chs and more long term studies need to be conducted

and then one must also consider this angle….

from NIH

Retractions, Fake Peer Reviews, and Paper Mills​

A map of retractions relative to the number of publications disclosed that, among countries with at least 100,000 papers published in the period 2003–2016, and according to the rate of retractions per 10,000 articles, the figures for the top eight countries ranged from 14.0‱ for Iran to 5.0‱ for China and Turkey; with one exception (Romania), all these are Asian countries.1 In another study that retrieved 2,087 articles retracted from Web of Science's journals during 1978–2013, the five countries with the greatest rate of retractions per 10,000 articles were Egypt (3.04‱), Iran (2.95‱), South Korea (2.19‱), China (2.16‱), and India (1.93‱); for comparison, the respective figures for the USA and UK were 0.68‱ and 0.53‱, respectively.2 In terms of individual researchers, it is remarkable that only 500 out of more than 30,000 authors of retracted papers accounted for a quarter of about 10,500 retractions analyzed in 2018.3

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8216989/

Happy Woden's Day brothers and sisters! Let the humping begin!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
Dog humping duck.jpg

Mostly cloudy here starting at 42F and predicted to reach 54F.

The housekeepers are due today, so me and the slick sly pup will be spending quality time this morning at Fernhill dog park frolicking.

odin__woden_or_wotan__by_edgarelo_him-d50xagk.jpg

Good morning

51 now and going up to 80!

off to the big city this morning for a dental appointment , couple more and we will finally be done

brought the chickens over to their new home and they are adjusting well…heard the rooster crowing this morning at about 4 am…he is a little confused
he may have had something to crow about at the time

besides all of that , another question , would there not be more benefits to consuming cannabis even if one has “ side effects” than abstinence?

I will take the more benefits and then deal with the nausea later
Osternsibly, Cannabinoid Superemesis is rare and only rears its ugly head with heavy long-term users.

As to how rare, heavy long-term users would include Moi and many of the other denizens of this forum and I haven't heard anyone complain yet. The subject periodically comes up on other forums, but it has always been a friend or friend of a friend suffering.

A personal local friend of mine, who is a heavy user, and started suffering severe emergency room level nausea and cramps that the doctors never did identify the cause of, but he opines that it could have been Cannabinoid Superemesis.

He stopped having the attacks and has since switched from smoking to vaporizing but continues to stay anointed during waking hours and hasn't suffered a reoccurrence, if that is what it was.

I'm not concerned enough to consider giving up cannabis, but continue to pay attention, and consider it akin to playing with myself until I need glasses or grow the first hair on my palms.

So a girlfriend of mine has been having stomach issues for almost 2 years now and has been in the hospital several trying to figure it all out. She has had scans, tests, even had her gall bladder removed and continues to have issues with nausea and vomiting. She just got back from another hospital stay. This time they are blaming it on her cannabis usage. She has a card and uses the pharmacy in florida to get her weed usually. I was thinking what the heck? And when I hung up with her i googled it and I guess it’s a thing…
have y’all ever heard of anyone with this problem? She has been smoking weed for more than 50 years pretty regular.
this is the article I found on it…
https://svhealthcare.org/wellness-connection/marijuana-related-stomach-disorder-on-the-rise
Reading now was something I was speaking to a Brother about yesterday.
He has CHS and he kinda self diagnosed him self.
His only vice. We are seeing Pink floyd " The machine" on friday.
he stopped smoking 2 weeks ago so he could go friday stoned.
He has and is going thru what your friend is going thru and it seems to be gettin worse

besides all of that , another question , would there not be more benefits to consuming cannabis even if one has “ side effects” than abstinence?

My Brother a vetern head gets knocked down and he is one tough fock

Osternsibly, Cannabinoid Superemesis is rare and only rears its ugly head with heavy long-term users.

As to how rare, heavy long-term users would include Moi and many of the other denizens of this forum and I haven't heard anyone complain yet. The subject periodically comes up on other forums, but it has always been a friend or friend of a friend suffering.

A personal local friend of mine, who is a heavy user, and started suffering severe nausea and cramps that the doctors never did identify the cause of, but he opines that it could have been Cannabinoid Superemesis. He stopped having the attacks and has since switched from smoking to vaporizing but continues to stay anointed during waking hours and hasn't suffered a reoccurrence, if that is what it was.

I'm not concerned enough to consider giving up cannabis, but continue to pay attention, and consider it akin to playing with myself until I need glasses or grow the first hair on my palms.
i went to disposable contacts and was not worse for the increased wear

in all reality , I am no one to say anything about some else’s maladies

it is a path we all must follow on our own

and all I can really be sure about is , how does cannabis become part of my life?..

one would think with all the history of people who have used cannabis for generations , that there would be empirical evidence in all those cultures of chs

but yet nothing

i don’t buy it that chs is something New…give me a break

if chs was real , wouldn’t it have happened a long time ago?

those quest s are what lead me to believe that it is something else , something genetic , something nutritional …..something else besides cannabis

but I do see your point , if the negative symptoms go away when cannabis use is stopped , I would come to the conclusion that it was something n the genetic makeup of cannabis that I am allergic to

but to say this is widespread is nothing but a scare tactic
Exactly. Just more Weed Monsters bullshit.

If weed is causing stomach problems for some ppl. Maybe it's because it causes them to eat more which fks with their stomach problems from something they already have such as the things you listed already.
My BIL has some kinda stomach thing I can't think of the name. But his flares up every couple months. I think Hippie has it too if I'm not mistaken. Same symptoms.

If weed is causing stomach problems for some ppl. Maybe it's because it causes them to eat more which fks with their stomach problems from something they already have such as the things you listed already.
My BIL has some kinda stomach thing I can't think of the name. But his flares up every couple months. I think Hippie has it too if I'm not mistaken. Same symptoms.
For my Buddy he has great self control is at perfect weight and eats well including all major food groups !.
He is active at work and a producing mofo with excelent asses and ellbows display.

Latest posts

Back