Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get anymore handsome I'll have to fight off to many women. On second thought I will just get kilt by my Wife. Maybe I should just get my ass up and stop lying.😁

IMG_7079.jpeg

If weed is causing stomach problems for some ppl. Maybe it's because it causes them to eat more which fks with their stomach problems from something they already have such as the things you listed already.
My BIL has some kinda stomach thing I can't think of the name. But his flares up every couple months. I think Hippie has it too if I'm not mistaken. Same symptoms.
Mine was diverticulitis, and weed never bothered it. Neither did sesame seeds, seeds in berries or fruits, etc. It was those little pointy seeds on pizza that did it, and if I limit my pizza intake to a couple of times a month, it doesn't bother me. Daily Metamucil might be helping, too.

Mine was diverticulitis, and weed never bothered it. Neither did sesame seeds, seeds in berries or fruits, etc. It was those little pointy seeds on pizza that did it, and if I limit my pizza intake to a couple of times a month, it doesn't bother me. Daily Metamucil might be helping, too.
Funny you say Metamucil ,my next door neighbor swears by it and it helps her

They tell me I have that. Seems I understood it to be like little sac like things in the lining of intestines. For the most part, I can eat anything anytime as long as I don't really over stuff myself.

I eat prunes. If it starts to give the trots, dial back and eat rice and bananas.

Bubba

some of them units have 5 filters and I have found n the one I used that is was just about as cheap to order the entire unit

so that is what I did , ordered a new 5 stage unit when it was time…..
My Stealth has 3. Sediment every 3 months, Pre carbon every 6 months and carbon every 2 years.

When I was a little kid, one of my jobs was to go on down to the hog pen and toss in the corncobs, watermelon rinds, etc from dinner into their feeding trough. The hogs were NOT friendly. They always scared me, especially since I was told to keep my hands well away from them.

In contrast, I would then take my clothesline rope and go to the other side of the road and call the bull. He would come over to the gate, and I would loop the clothesline through the ring on his nose, and lead him over to the barn side of the road. He would follow like a giant puppydog.

Trivia: I remember watching our bull's testicles getting measured. I was told that the bigger the testicles, the more virile the bull. <-- Turns out that is fargin gospel. o_O
Our hogs were pretty easy to get along with, though we didn't dare "mess" with them. We had just enough to keep us and family/close friends in meat, and they were a little spoiled, truth be told. I, too, was the "hog slopper". I didn't mind. Just part of life. Then, when time came, they'd get lots of corn for a bit. Corn-fed pork ribs be pretty good.

We'd usually get just one steer and keep it until time to butcher. We had a young Brahma Bull once that was a tad too feisty for us. LOL Those guys can get ornery! I think they're the most beautiful of the bovines.

Attachments

• 557fac82df90e132cfe924b92aff8415.jpg
    557fac82df90e132cfe924b92aff8415.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 0
While we are on the subject of the benefits of pomegranates...

Other than benefiting stuff like blood pressure and heart health, they are beneficial for the brain by fending off Alzheimers and Parkinson's Diseases. Oh... and suppressing prostate, breast, lung, and colon cancers. And tumors.

Did I mention they prevent kidney stones? And they clear up acne? Prevent wound infections? Prevent bone loss? Prevent onslaught of diabetes? Excellent in blood glucose control. Boosts testosterone levels.

And they happen to taste delicious. Great fruit drink, also.

Pomegranates–Ancient Fruit With Many Health Benefits

View attachment 345888
I drink pomegranate juice regularly. Almost daily. I switch it up between that, apple juice, and orange juice for my morning refresher. Delicious!

Our hawgs followed us around in their pen like dogs, wanting between their ears and their butt scratched, or to rub against us. They came running when we called them, probably because we usually called them to come eat.

We even rode them like calves when we were kids, though they have a stiff legged ride and would rub us off against the fence.

I have it on good advice that it is ill advised to enter a pen with a nursing sow and one of my dad's most dire threats, was to tear us like a sow's bed................................
I can attest to the ferocity of a nursing sow, as I agitated one when I was in first grade. She was pissed before I knew what was happening. When dad got done with me, I never did THAT again! lol

Our pigs were mild-mannered for the most part, though.

Latest posts

Back