Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only cause she has that lasso…

why yes , yes she does

IMG_7162.jpeg

Mornin newby… I did my best to sleep in this morning, but my body just wouldn’t have it. I was up until the small hours last night hanging out with Ivan on the back porch. I seem to be having difficulties nodding out and I’m smoking some very good marijuana and eating gummy’s and it still doesn’t work.
@boo -- If if helps, bro... You will find your sleep patterns will change. The old days of crashing, snoring, and waking up with the sun are essentially over. You gotta roll with it.

It bothered me at first, a few years ago... but then some old bastage clued me in that it was pretty much a standard for fairly active, but out-of-warranty men: short naps vs long sleeps.

It is whut it is, my friend.

Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy with rain today, starting at 45F and predicted to reach 56F.

Alas, when a killer deer attacked our pristine low mileage 95 Jeep GC Laredo and totaled it in 2016, I picked up a used 95 GC Limited for $1500 to use for parts and ended up fixing it instead. I rebuilt the front CV joints and the heads/timing chain, which turned it into a good serviceable rig at under $5K.

Sadly the black paint is faded in spots, but I could never see repainting it, as we put less than 1000 miles on it per year, because most of the mileage goes on the Ford Focus EV. It also has a terrible radio, which I never replaced, because I don't typically listen to the radio while driving and we don't drive it that much.

Enter Grayfox who does care about the faded paint and less than stellar sounds when hauling friends around. As I stopped buying vehicles that I couldn't write a check for without financing about 1977, I scored a low mileage 2013 Jeep GC Limited with 5.7L hemi in pristine condition yesterday and will pick it up Monday when I can get a cashier's check cut. Unfortunately, the overly suspicious car lots don't hand over titles for personal checks these days. Go figure??

We will most likely donate the 95 GCL to the Oregon Humane Society. It is a good solid and straight rig, just not purdy enough for Grayfox to haul friends around in anymore. It only cost us about $700 a year depreciation, around a dollar per mile, even if we give it away.

@boo -- If if helps, bro... You will find your sleep patterns will change. The old days of crashing, snoring, and waking up with the sun are essentially over. You gotta roll with it.

It bothered me at first, a few years ago... but then some old bastage clued me in that it was pretty much a standard for fairly active, but out-of-warranty men: short naps vs long sleeps.

It is whut it is, my friend.
I'm in bed asleep pretty much by 9 or 9:30.
My ass wakes up around 1am to pee,,back to sleep. Wake up again about 4:30 and take my thyroid medication. Lay there until about 5:30 tossing and turning for about 30 minutes. And I pick up my phone and read you bastards ramblings.😁
Then it's shower and coffee time on the weekends or shower, coffee time,and off to work during the week.
So it's about 5 hrs of decent sleep per night. The rest is so so,,but I feel fine.

Latest posts

Back