Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1700266091101.png

Wishing everyone a lovely Saturnday! All hail Lord Saturn!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Mostly cloudy with rain predicted late evening, starting at 43F and predicted to reach 52F.

The roof rack cross bars for new Jeep GCL arrived and I installed them. The Jeep came with rails, but not the cross bars, which I need for hauling ladders, et al.

I cleaned out our 95 Jeep GCL and called Humane Society to donate it, but had to leave a message, which they haven't returned yet. A good solid rig with rebuilt heads and new timing chain that have less than 5000 miles on them, but the paint is faded and the leather cracked, so it isn't as pretty as it once was. I actually like it better than the new one, but it is time to turn it loose for someone less fortunate who needs a solid rig.

Alas and alack, our HP 8620 printer died, and we replaced it with an HP Office Jet Pro 9015e and hope we get the same wonderful service as the old one. No complaints at under $200 for 9 years of service! They made way more money selling us ink, than they did the printer. I found a place that recycles electronics and need to drop the old one off, along with our last microwave that was short lived.

Wishing everyone a lovely Saturnday! All hail Lord Saturn!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Mostly cloudy with rain predicted late evening, starting at 43F and predicted to reach 52F.

The roof rack cross bars for new Jeep GCL arrived and I installed them. The Jeep came with rails, but not the cross bars, which I need for hauling ladders, et al.

I cleaned out our 95 Jeep GCL and called Humane Society to donate it, but had to leave a message, which they haven't returned yet. A good solid rig with rebuilt heads and new timing chain that have less than 5000 miles on them, but the paint is faded and the leather cracked, so it isn't as pretty as it once was. I actually like it better than the new one, but it is time to turn it loose for someone less fortunate who needs a solid rig.

Alas and alack, our HP 8620 printer died, and we replaced it with an HP Office Jet Pro 9015e and hope we get the same wonderful service as the old one. No complaints at under $200 for 9 years of service! They made way more money selling us ink, than they did the printer. I found a place that recycles electronics and need to drop the old one off, along with our last microwave that was short lived.
Bet the old jeep just needed a wash and a paint job.
Good luck with the newer one.
Morning GW you are always so darn happy.
I wish we all could be more like you.

Bet the old jeep just needed a wash and a paint job.
Good luck with the newer one.
Morning GW you are always so darn happy.
I wish we all could be more like you.
And seat covers and head liner, et al............... Consider that sometimes Grayfox has to haul her friends around in it, when I have the Ford

Thanks for the good thoughts brother, The 5.7L Chrysler Hemi and running gear are bullet proof, but I worry about all the electronics in the new one. The more thing that can go wrong, the more things will go wrong. The controls are also too too busy. Where I could do about anything by feel in the 95, I have to look down and find the right icon out of many, which is distracting from watching what is going on.

Good morning Rosterman, I'm blessed to not suffer from clinical depression and am in a good spot in my life, but do have my ups and downs. Ostensibly you are wishing to be happy as opposed to being like me, because not everyone who knows me likes me.

I'm rooting for your happiness brother and sending happy thoughts your way, as well as suggesting that me being stoned adds to my sense of joy and amazement.

And seat covers and head liner, et al............... Consider that sometimes Grayfox has to haul her friends around in it, when I have the Ford

Thanks for the good thoughts brother, The 5.7L Chrysler Hemi and running gear are bullet proof, but I worry about all the electronics in the new one. The more thing that can go wrong, the more things will go wrong. The controls are also too too busy. Where I could do about anything by feel in the 95, I have to look down and find the right icon out of many, which is distracting from watching what is going on.

Good morning Rosterman, I'm blessed to not suffer from clinical depression and am in a good spot in my life, but do have my ups and downs. Ostensibly you are wishing to be happy as opposed to being like me, because not everyone who knows me likes me.

I'm rooting for your happiness brother and sending happy thoughts your way, as well as suggesting that me being stoned adds to my sense of joy and amazement.
so you think Im depressed?
Im not always happy, but I do not think depressed.

Just as an aside, I've owned a number of good foreign cars, so not dissing anyone, but in 2005, standardized on buying US made major goods when possible for our economy. Upon retirement in 2005, I sold my Mercedes that I hauled clients around in and have bought the Jeep. I've bought only US since then.

Morning Brother and Sister Misfits.😁
GW my Wife's car is a 2004 XJ8 Jaguar. Drives great. She loves her car.
The new Jags don't even look like a Jaguar anymore. Very sad.
Hers still has the Jaguar look and the Jaguar hood ornament.

2004-jaguar-xj8.jpeg
2004-jaguar-xj8 (1).jpeg
2004-jaguar-xj8 (2).jpeg
2004-jaguar-xj8 (3).jpeg
2004-jaguar-xj8 (4).jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back