Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so you think Im depressed?
Im not always happy, but I do not think depressed.
I don't think you are depressed; I was just noting that my joy was possible because I wasn't burdened with clinical depression and only had to deal with daily bullshit. Some folks are not that lucky.

I'm not always happy either, but never seriously depressed. Fortunately, I usually get mad rather than depressed and just blow off steam by ranting or do something about it that returns the smile to my face.

Yep! Sure did! Her Majesty was thankful, but not satisfied. She likes being able to flick back and forth between Hallmark and the local news, along with her house flipping shows. I spent a half hour on the phone with a tech dude from Xfinity this morning 'cause the Old Hen couldn't understand him. In his defense, his English was much better than my Hindi. I've had enough Indian docs in the last two years to make my ears kinda decipher what they're saying. I went through the same steps yesterday that he got me to do again today outside of him resetting both the modem and the main cable box on his end. I didn't do the main box in my room 'cause it was working perfectly.
Anyhoo, it's all back on and the way she likes it, so my environment is much better. :) Safer, too!
"She likes being able to flick back and forth between Hallmark and the local news, along with her house flipping shows."

Sounds like my woman ^^^^^^ LOL
She never met a remote control she didn't fall in love with.

I don't think you are depressed; I was just noting that my joy was possible because I wasn't burdened with clinical depression and only had to deal with daily bullshit. Some folks are not that lucky.

I'm not always happy either, but never seriously depressed. Fortunately, I usually get mad rather than depressed and just blow off steam by ranting or do something about it that returns the smile to my face.
I tend to do the same thing, my wife says I am not the same man she married. Oh well things change.
Stay frosty my friend

"She likes being able to flick back and forth between Hallmark and the local news, along with her house flipping shows."

Sounds like my woman ^^^^^^ LOL
She never met a remote control she didn't fall in love with.
Ya should have seen how happy she was when she learned that the new cell phone had a vibrate mod/

On the subject of depression
I feel they do not treat the ill justice by shoving meds at them in the hopes of it is just a chemical imbalance. My sister was leading a normal life just a little depressed at times, docs gave her anti-Ds
and she became worse, so bad that she is now in special housing for ...... well least say it Crazy folks now. She cannot leave the building out of fear now, she is agoraphobic or top of a whole new slue of other problems she never had before they medicated her.

I love spicy food! My mouth can handle it but my stomach can not.
Me too! My stomach's fine with it, but occasionally if I go too far overboard, the exit ramp gets a little sketchy, so I intentionally moderate. I won't do any ghost pepper challenge or anything like that, either.

Me too! My stomach's fine with it, but occasionally if I go too far overboard, the exit ramp gets a little sketchy, so I intentionally moderate. I won't do any ghost pepper challenge or anything like that, either.
I love hot peppers. Eat them every day. Cheyenne and Serrano mostly.
Fk a Ghost Pepper. When you go to hot you are wasting the taste of a good hot pepper.
When you burn so bad you fk up your stomach,,you have went to far.
I have nothing to prove. I just like some heat with my meals. Plus they are great for your heart and circulatory system.

My bi-weekly remedy for the little stress I get these days. :D

Attachments

• target-1360956101.jpg
    target-1360956101.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 0
Morning Brother and Sister Misfits.😁
GW my Wife's car is a 2004 XJ8 Jaguar. Drives great. She loves her car.
The new Jags don't even look like a Jaguar anymore. Very sad.
Hers still has the Jaguar look and the Jaguar hood ornament.
If you already own a foreign car, the money has already gone out of country and if it is still good, there is no good reason that I can see to justify dumping it and boosting the economy by buying US.

I really liked my last Jaguar, which was a 1961 Mk 9 Opera Saloon, that I restored. A fun good-looking car that always drew a lot of attention. Way ahead of its time with four wheel disc brakes and had fold down picnic tables in the back seat. It actually had a 400 inch V-8 Buick Nailhead engine and Powerglide transmission, replacing the original Jag powertrain, but was otherwise stock.

I donated it and some other cars to the Oregon Humane Society when they were soliciting donations to build the new Portland facility. Here is one like it and the same color scheme:

Mk 9.jpeg

I love hot peppers. Eat them every day. Cheyenne and Serrano mostly.
Fk a Ghost Pepper. When you go to hot you are wasting the taste of a good hot pepper.
When you burn so bad you fk up your stomach,,you have went to far.
I have nothing to prove. I just like some heat with my meals. Plus they are great for your heart and circulatory system.
I eat heat on pretty much every meal. I just don't go gangbusters stupid hot with it. Then again...I've been doing so my whole life. Maybe it's much hotter than I think it is.

My wife won't even kiss my mouth after I've had breakfast, for cryin' out loud. LOL

If you already own a foreign car, the money has already gone out of country and if it is still good, there is no good reason that I can see to justify dumping it and boosting the economy by buying US.

I really liked my last Jaguar, which was a 1961 Mk 9 Opera Saloon, that I restored. A fun good-looking car that always drew a lot of attention. Way ahead of its time with four wheel disc brakes and had fold down picnic tables in the back seat. It actually had a 400 inch V-8 Buick Nailhead engine and Powerglide transmission, replacing the original Jag powertrain, but was otherwise stock.

I donated it and some other cars to the Oregon Humane Society when they were soliciting donations to build the new Portland facility. Here is one like it and the same color scheme:

View attachment 347050
GW were you always like the person you are today?
Or did you wake one morning and have an epiphany, find God, or just decided you wanted to share the wealth?
You seem to be one of the last true hearted people left.

View attachment 347050
I have a Rolls Canardly.

Rolls downhill fine, but canardly make it up the next one.

Attachments

• retro-jalopy-automobile.jpg
    retro-jalopy-automobile.jpg
    807.7 KB · Views: 0
I eat heat on pretty much every meal. I just don't go gangbusters stupid hot with it. Then again...I've been doing so my whole life. Maybe it's much hotter than I think it is.

My wife won't even kiss my mouth after I've had breakfast, for cryin' out loud. LOL
I wonder if a lady friend would notice one had just eaten Hot Peppers if they went downtown soon afterwards?

Latest posts

Back