Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if you meant me of Hoppers But you don't want me as an non- friend, I often wonder who would be 1st if I ever find out I have a terminal illness Nuff said.
Surely I kid
Or do I

Two comments:

1. You should always forgive your enemies. But not before they are hanged.

2.) "Vengeance is Mine," sayeth the Lord. "That is, if Unca leaves Me any."

1614778604345.png

^^^^ VERY WELL Said Sir . Great Minds Think alike.

Bravo TOG,,well said my brother.👏

Well done GW!!! Politically correct and you were spot on in your analysis. Unfortunately it won't solve the growing unrest and problems this country now faces. The good old Red White and Blue now has a black eye and only the will of strong American's can save her. My fear is there aren't enough left to do the job.

Whew....I just finished reading you guys....I all stoked up...but old men just look out the window. Makes me wants to go across the street and best the crap out of my 75 year old neighbor. He thinks the immigrants flowing across our southern border are our children and it is the right thing to do..

Thank ya'll for the kudos and accolades! An inspired speech by a disenchanted brother.........

GW, I'm afraid that the mass public hangings might be a bit too tame for today's crowd. How about impaling, Vlad style? Sure would send a message.

I left out the part about harvesting them for their usable organs immediately after death, in a glass enclosure for the public to watch.

Not sure if you meant me of Hoppers But you don't want me as an non- friend, I often wonder who would be 1st if I ever find out I have a terminal illness Nuff said. Surely I kid Or do I

Consider the bereaved loosing the much loved and cherished pillar of the community will sue your estate, so make provisions for your cherished love one first and spend the rest with gusto.

Two comments:

1. You should always forgive your enemies. But not before they are hanged.

2.) "Vengeance is Mine," sayeth the Lord. "That is, if Unca leaves Me any."

Treat you enemies with kindness and respect and then when their guard is down, kill them in a single stroke with the jawbone of an a**.

The precedent is set, there are popular religions that believe their omnipotent God is unable to personally deal with the heathens/infidels that he created from dust, so subcontracts to crusaders and jihadist. We should maybe start our own religion that is more selective with regard to victims.

36F @ 82% RH, partially cloudy, and predicted to reach 60F.

Got my kitchen drain rooted and hydro-blasted, but it ended up costing $500 and I still don't know if I have a tree root to go along with the 6" belly in the drain line between the cleanout and its connection with the main sewer line. It was so sludged up that just the snake wouldn't clear it, leaving me with the concern that it will just sludge up again, so I need to do something about the belly or about the deposits from the sink.

I'm thinking a 55 gallon stainless barrel or 250 gallon plastic tote half buried and converted into a grease and solids trap/digester, that would allow me to then run the grease and solids free grey water into my front garden for irrigation. I would include a bypass valve that could also send the sediment free greywater to the current drain.

Hee, hee, hee, leaving me to thinking about a way to capture and use the Biogas generated by the anaerobic bacteria snacking on the solids. We could add a garbage disposal unit to pick up that waste steam, instead of putting garbage to our recycle bin.

AGAIN -- it is the Prophecy:

"An 80+ year-old child shall lead you to new weedie wonders."

(Y'all know the Ancient Scuba Skip Breathing Discipline Using Volcano Ultimate Technique For Zerio Vapor/Smoke Loss) <--
Discovered by the Ancient Scuba Guy

It took two days for the penny to drop, but my observations are solid now.

Yesterday, I was sitting in my shady spot relaxing in my easy chair and toking on that little one-shot glass tube thingy Big gave me. Fancy Pants came over pretty close, and I slowly blew out a cloud of yummy right at his beak about a foot away.

He held perfectly still. I had totally expected that he would react just as he has for a decade to any movement near him -- hastily back up.

Now for today: Fancy Pants had followed me (at a safe distance) to where I sat down in my spot and lit up.

FP ever so casually, regally even, came sidling up to me. He got more of the smoke from that tube-thingy than I did. I stoked the big birdie.

Now comes da Big News: I got to pet him. There have been times I've been able to touch his fan feathers, but never his head. He was/is stoned.

Last edited:
I used to have wild deer that would come up to the ranch and let me pet them after a couple of days of warming up to me. I got to thinking that it was just making hunting season deadlier for them as they'd lost their fear of humans, so I quit. I still feed 'em, and they know that if'n they're on the ranch, they're safe. Haven't seen any in almost two months. Looking forward to seeing them come back. Some years, it's a nursery. Other years, it's a bachelors club with nothing but bucks. Nothing like watching the little snots jumping around the back yard like kittens playing. I like critters more than I do most people.

I agree Hippie on liking critters. All animals and birds are my friends, even before the covid. Love my house pets (family) but feed the birds and squirrels daily. Could do without the coons. People now days are changing. We all have our wants needs and desires but some how those basic needs have gone in different directions. Sad.

One thing is for sure.....

LONG NECK ICE COLD BEER NEVER BROKE MY HEART

rio-de-janeiro-rj-brazil-260nw-1741780232.jpg

From Unca's Packrat Memory Of Stuff When Shared Becomes Impossible To Forget:

There was a county in Tennessee that seceded from the state in protest of Tennessee joining the Confederacy during the Civil War and didn’t officially rejoin until 1986. It was known as the unrecognized State of Scott. <-- TINS

I used to have wild deer that would come up to the ranch and let me pet them after a couple of days of warming up to me. I got to thinking that it was just making hunting season deadlier for them as they'd lost their fear of humans, so I quit. I still feed 'em, and they know that if'n they're on the ranch, they're safe. Haven't seen any in almost two months. Looking forward to seeing them come back. Some years, it's a nursery. Other years, it's a bachelors club with nothing but bucks. Nothing like watching the little snots jumping around the back yard like kittens playing. I like critters more than I do most people.

Feed 'em, and they will come...

1614858817093.png

The English language is only comfortable for those brought up in it. I used this concept in one of my magazine stories, "Thursday's Child" -- where a child (Adam, fittingly) who seemingly is very slow to develop over several years suddenly breaks into brilliance.

Here is the quote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Adam, can you tell me at least three ways to spell the sound,`oo'?"

Adam grinned sunnily. He was used to the test concept, and always liked to participate in the exercises. He hesitated for a second and then said:

"Well, there's o-o, as in `tooth'; and o-u-g-h, as through'; then there's e-w, as in `crew'; and u-e, as in blue'; um," he took a breath, "there's u-g-h, as in Hugh Bleddin down the block, and i-e-w, as in `view'; i-o-u-x, as in the Sioux Indian tribe; plain old u as in `usual'; there's plain old o as in `go to'; and w-o, as in the number two; and d-i-e-u, as in `mon Dieu' (that's French);" he grinned at his mother, "and e-u, as in that yukky bleu cheese; o-u as in coup' and e-w-e, as in the lady sheep' and u-t as in 'debut, and o-e as in 'shoe'; and..."

"That's enough, Adam, that's fine." Dr. Schildhauer interrupted, looking at Adam's parents.

The silence stretched out.

Adam's happy smile slowly faded down to a mild grin of puzzlement as all three adults looked at him.

"In case you weren't counting, Adam just listed sixteen ways to spell that sound," began Dr. Schildhauer, "the average college graduate with a degree in languages can come up with ten, if given a full five minutes. The average man on the street can find five ways to spell it in that time." He paused and breathed deeply. I worked on the problem for twenty minutes and got twelve.

"Adam did sixteen in just one minute. And he wasn't, apparently, done."

"Nossir, I wasn't," Adam spoke up. "There's n-u as in 'gnu', and the best one is one u silent and one u not silent, as in 'queue'. That makes eighteen ways."

Adam beamed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put yourself in the position of a Chinese speaker. Eighteen (at least) ways in the English language to spell the "oo" sound... far more than most native speakers could come up with.

Last edited:

And why not?! Most critters are more likeable than most people.

I agree Hippie on liking critters. All animals and birds are my friends, even before the covid. Love my house pets (family) but feed the birds and squirrels daily. Could do without the coons. People now days are changing. We all have our wants needs and desires but some how those basic needs have gone in different directions. Sad.

I agree too, having grown up around farm and wild animal pets, as well as friendly interacting wild animals. Besides intelligence, their sense of play, especially Interspecies, never ceases to cause me introspection and amazement.

Feed 'em, and they will come...

The secret to winning a critters heart! I still feed the squirrels, crows, and jays peanuts in the park. Many of the Fox/Gray squirrels and Scrub Jays will take a peanut out of my hand and I've fed one of the Jays from my hand at home, but don't usually put out food for them or pets at home because it draws rats and raccoons, plus the crows can get demanding and noisy.

38F @ 86% RH, partially cloudy with sprinkles and 5 mph wind, predicted to reach 60F (+22F swing).

The cleaning ladies swabbed out the lair yesterday, so me and the pup took advantage of the gaugus weather and headed for Fernhill dog park, where we spent some quality time socializing with the pack, as well as hiking, and fetch the ball.

Hee, hee, hee, because it has two steep hills with a valley between, I can fling a ball from one hill top to the other and zee sleek sly puppy has to run down, across and up both ways to retrieve it.

I also finished the second winterize of the concentrate that I harvested from my vape pipe and started reducing it. I got sleepy and shut it down last night, but finished it off this morning and have it finishing off in a shallow dish. Not sure what I'm going to do with it, so just storing it as a concentrate for now.

I got notice that my home surge protector was delivered to my UPS box and the two copper ground rods are due today, so I will make a point to pick them up. This last ice storm fiasco sent power surges through some of the lines that fried everything electrical in some of the homes in the hood, costing them thousands of dollars for appliance replacement. As our weather appears to be getting worse, I'm thinking it is a good investment.

Every morning, I go out and look up into the top of one of my pine trees to spot any of my peacocks. When I see one, I wave both arms and tell him to come to breakfast.

He flies out of the tree to my rooftop. (Sounds like a football team landing, if you are inside.) Then to the ground in the back. That's when I put the black oil seeds out -- along with a panful of birdie seed. I also have a squirrel-proof feeder for the teeny-tiny tweeny bintsy bunting families that live here. These little angels look like they smashed into a wet rainbow:

1614865146842.png

If I put the black oil seeds out before getting Fancy Pants outa bed, a fargin fuzzy-tailed army of squiddels will clean them out, leaving the husks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back