Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Saudi I used 5 x 25 gallon fermentation bins producing 12% v/v after 7 days. The Calgon is important for max yield. You do know about the Calgon, right? Then I had a 5 gallon stainless pressure cooker coupled to an aircon heat exchanger (radiator) with a Sanyo extract fan blowing through it. Worked just great. First run 12% -> 50% no separation. Second run 50% -> 80% no separation. Third run 80 -> 86% with separation. Fourth run 86% -> 90% with check for methyl etc. Then I'd make vodka by filtering it through 4ft of charcoal in a plastic drainpipe. The unfiltered is like Bacardi white.

What is Calgon aside from a water softener mfg?

46F @ 80% RH, mostly cloudy, and predicted to reach 74F.

Seven people shot in a drive by at a vigil for a person previously shot and killed. Can you say gang related"?

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu, I reached 190 proof starting from scratch with sugar and yeast.

Cleaning ladies due this morning, so I need to clear out my experimental mess before they arrive.................
Final distillation post desiccant.jpg

Attachments

• The batch.jpg
    The batch.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1
  • First run 130.jpg
    First run 130.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1
What is Calgon aside from a water softener mfg?

46F @ 80% RH, mostly cloudy, and predicted to reach 74F.

Seven people shot in a drive by at a vigil for a person previously shot and killed. Can you say gang related"?

Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu lu, I reached 190 proof starting from scratch with sugar and yeast.

Cleaning ladies due this morning, so I need to clear out my experimental mess before they arrive.................
View attachment 272367
Very Good results Only Yeast and Sugar, Wow

The cleaning ladies must think you are cooking bad things LOL

Late morning to ya Misfits. Just finished cutting down my first Cindy 99 x Northern Lights. Smells great but am really disappointed in the yield. Small plant = small yield....at least in this case. Probably won't grow her again. Was hoping to add her to the starting lineup. Just recently got 6 new strains, 2 clones and 4 packs of seeds. I was gonna have to cull some anyway and this makes it easy.

Just let go of the Red Cheese last week and now this will be gone as well. Both are good smoke but they have to yield as well to suit my needs.

I have Mimosa and Gold Digger ready to replace the two that were sent beck to the minor leagues.

Still fricken overcast outside.....miserable day. We got about 1" of rain overnight. Glad it didn't get cold enough to snow. That 1" of rain would have been close to 1 foot of snow and I would be on snow detail.

So, what to do today......trip to the grow store is in line and I have a contractor coming by later this afternoon to give a bid on remodeling the spare bathroom. Not my idea, nothing is wrong, but Mrs Pute wants a new look in there. So, in order to get along you go along.

Can't wait for this in the house.....

giphy.gif

Very Good results Only Yeast and Sugar, WowThe cleaning ladies must think you are cooking bad things LOL

The cleaning ladies come every other week and all evidence was gone by the time they arrived.

It feeds the yeast and speeds up the fermentation process.

The beauty of the Turbo yeast is that the packet includes the nutrients. It just requires food and likes a Ph around 4.0.

QUOTE="kevinn, post: 1120320, member: 54069"]
Pute
Hope it a small bathroom as it could cost you a few bucks !!!
[/QUOTE]

Hey kevinn, good to read your smiling face!! Yup, small bathroom but nothing is cheap now days. Now she wants the mud room done as well.... Oy vey!!

Day is done for me....guess what comes next.

Well....................... What does it taste like Oh course I need to know LOL

At 130 proof it is quite tasty and reminds me of a brandy, but by 140 proof it tastes like alcohol.

52F @ 77% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 79F.

Busy day yesterday with cleaning ladies, Fernhill dog park, and weeding the front ornamental gardens. Back to the gardens today!

Yesterday ended in a downbeat note with my !@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_+_)(*&^%$#@!!@#$%^&*() Dell computer taking another dump. I'm working at resurrecting my old HP to limp along until I can fix or replace the !@#$%^&*() POS Dell.

Some progress on my vacuum cooking project. I found a hobby box and mounted the two PID controllers, one to control and read and the other to just read. I'll use the first to control the heat and the second to read the pots interior temperature.

Latest posts

Back