Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing I have to say is....we fk around a lot on here. Nothing should be taken serious and all in fun. Sometimes you have to be thick skinned. Remember we are all from different circumstances and walks of life. We are never gonna change the Misfits and O'l Farts cause that is what they are.

Peace Love Happiness and all that shit.....

1625266419195.png

63F @ 78% RH, partially cloudy and predicted to reach 87F.

94 heat related deaths and Oregon lawmakers deciding whether to make it mandatory that landlords provide AC to tenants. The Oregon model! Already mandatory that we can't evict them for not paying the rent and now they expect AC without paying for that cost, in addition to not paying the rent.

For what is worth, we don't have AC in our home, because it is seldom needed.

Sounds like a "Stormy Romance" to me. Shiloh has got him right where she wants him....Same reason all Asian People have keg teeth.....think about it......

Ouch!

We don't have mortgages on ours and bought them to provide an income in retirement, so as to not depend on my company pension or Social Security. We invested the money earned from our jobs to buy them, instead of partying the money away.

They are far from slum dwellings, as they are in desirable parts of town and we keep them nice enough that we would be happy to live in them ourselves, and keep renters for decades. One that left after 18 years to buy a condo, is back 13 years later looking to rent from us again, having sold her condo.

We also haven't continued to jack up the rent beyond trying to keep up with soaring taxes, insurance, utility, and maintenance costs. We fix things when they break, work with them on slow rent sometimes, and mostly stay out of their hair.

I understand that all landlords don't do that, but I resent being jerked around same as slumlords. The legislators treat landlords like we are preying on renters, rather than trying to run an honest business and in so doing are forcing out the small legitimate ma and pa landlords.

Well, I got out before covid hit and glad. We built these condos and got a certificate of occupancy in 2000. I kept them nice. They were the nicest rentals in the small mountain town and we also build a cabin there. With all things you get tired of it. Glad I have turned the page.

Latest posts

Back