Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seasoned priest takes a newly ordained one golfing.
Young priest misses a stroke and yells DAMMIT missed!
The old priest scowls but says nothing.
Minutes later, the young one misses another stroke DAMMIT missed!

The old priest takes the young one by the shoulders and says "Young man, I must warn you: carry on like that and a bolt will come from the blue and strike you down."

It's several more holes before the young one makes a mistake and blurts DAMMIT missed!

A bolt comes from the blue and kills the senior priest.

And the young one listens in wonderment to a voice from the heavens DAMMIT missed!

Seasoned priest takes a newly ordained one golfing.
Young priest misses a stroke and yells DAMMIT missed!
The old priest scowls but says nothing.
Minutes later, the young one misses another stroke DAMMIT missed!

The old priest takes the young one by the shoulders and says "Young man, I must warn you: carry on like that and a bolt will come from the blue and strike you down."

It's several more holes before the young one makes a mistake and blurts DAMMIT missed!

A bolt comes from the blue and kills the senior priest.

And the young one listens in wonderment to a voice from the heavens DAMMIT missed!
That Old Father Murphy gets me everytime

1636843022696.png

Promised myself I was going to have a heal up day and do nothing. Damn, I hate a liar. Wrestled three huge, two medium, and one small cage outside and power washed 'em 'til they looked new. Gotta do it two or three times a year, and snows coming, so today was the day. Old Hen helped out in the dragging, bless her heart.
I'd say I'm not doing shit tomorrow, but I'd be jinxing myself.
Smoked some Apollo 13 that was grown in the UP by a good friend (ya'll know him). Stuff's sure got a kick to it. Think I'll find a spooky movie to laugh at.

You bet Roster....let me get my Cain.....oh I mean 🔫

Leave us not forget the martial art known as "Cane".

Self-Defense Canes | Self Defense Walking Cane | Cane Masters

60F @ 89% RH, cloudy and predicted to reach 64F.

Just your average Portland weekend so far:

Shelter in place order in effect after police attempted to stop a vehicle for traffic violations and were fired upon and evaded, despite later flattening the tires with a spike strip. Perpetrators fled on foot and escaped.

Downtown bar fight escalated when the perpetrator returned with a gun and was driven off by bar owner discharging a gun in the air. Perpetrator still at large, but the police confiscated the bar owner’s gun, though they have not yet filed charges against him.

Gunfire in NE Portland, which took the police over an hour to respond to due to reduced manpower from defunding, as well as officers retiring or resigning from the force in disgust.

A homemade explosive device set off at the front of a home and miraculously the police apprehended the perpetrator hiding nearby.

A gorgeous day for dog walking, which didn’t escape Miss Layla’s (Promotions Inc.) attention, and which she successfully heavily promoted.

Morning guys. Big ole white flakes coming down at a steady rate. It's pretty, but I'll be whining about it in a month or two. Might have to switch to long pants and hang the shorts up 'til next year, and as soon as we get 6" that sticks, the sandals get swapped out for jungle boots and socks. Yuck.

Afternoon Misfits. Back from breakfast, then across the street and chatted with the neighbors who had gathered for Sunday coffee. Talked a bunch and accomplished nothing. But ya gotta play nice with the neighbors. Shower taken and now settling down for the game. I see your Cowboys bounced back from last week Hopper. They looked like they were pissed off about loosing to the lowly Broncos last week. Broncos fans think we are now a super bowl contender....I have a feeling a case of reality is about to sneak up and bite them and the Broncos in the arize. We will know in about 3 hours.

Better move GW.....the leader of BLM is threating violence if we start arresting people again......interesting to see what happens. If the police bow down to these thugs all of our cities will be just like Portland, SF and NY. This needs to stop NOW. If it doesn't we will become a 3rd world country in months. You will need 2 shotguns and a pistol to go grocery shopping.

Now for the good news.......hmmmmm....I will have to get back to you as soon as I hear some.

Things are getting better already.

200w.gif

I never stop wearing my retirement shorts
Either you don't live in the north or you don't leave the house in the winter. Inside, shorts. After it stays in the thirties, long pants for outside. Yep, I'm a wimp.

Latest posts

Back