Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang, sorry for the absence. No Excuse! Summer is real busy for me. My veggie garden is out of control and all the other summer activities that go with it. Not to mention what is going on in my basement.

Doing a final flush on Strawberry OG and Lemon Betty tomorrow. I am out of both and need to refill the jars. I usually try and slow down the grow it the basement in the summer but demand hasn't allowed me to do that this year. Life is good but the o'l man is tired. But, it keeps me young....I guess.

So what has been going on here.....I guess I should go back a few pages and read.....

I had a 30 fish day on Thursday! 18 to 20" fish on a 3 wt using 6x tippet. That is a ultra light fly rod with 3lb test line. Makes it a challenge catching 5 lb fish on 3 lb line. All fish are alive and ready to fight another day. Don't forget to always Put em bk.........

Put at least one of them would have been shore lunch. Were those Wild Trout, Makes me miss the Mountains up North. I once was Fishing 3 lb on a ultra lite for Brookes and Nailed a 5 lb large Mouth Bass. One heck of a fight. Ate Him To.
I hear you and understand Swamp Chicken but the private club I am a member of is Catch and Release with barb less hooks only. Reason being there are bigger fish when we put em bk. I mostly fish "catch and release" water only. Bigger fish and like minded people. Just something I believe in.

I hear you and understand Swamp Chicken but the private club I am a member of is Catch and Release with barb less hooks only. Reason being there are bigger fish when we put em bk. I mostly fish "catch and release" water only. Bigger fish and like minded people. Just something I believe in.
To each his own. I only keep what I can eat that day. All the rest go back.

Morning folks. Steve hope your wife gets better. Never do a dark time before crop. Always do catch and release as i"m not a fish eater unless someone is with me that wants em. Gotta get some neem oil i got yellow leaf septoria on my plants. Not sure where it came from but will be making changes.

Evening IOM, Are my eyes playing tricks on me. Uncle Pute went and got himself Deputy Status. Congrats Old Man.
Was Hot and Rainy today. No need to water the plants or the garden. This 104 plus heat was Killing Me. Cooled off to 80 I can Live with it.
Bubbles you know I can only stay out of trouble so long. :p I will try to be Good. I said Try.

Latest posts

Back