Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who cares.🤪
That's a funny thing about Coors. Back in the 70s, it wasn't distributed anywhere near where I lived. For some reason, I guess the lack of of availability, combined with being fleeced by advertising's hypnosis we got convinced it must be the nectar of the gods or something.

Our dumb assses would pool our money and actually drive hours on end to buy it! Big bunches of it. What were we thinking?
🤔

Bubba

That's a funny thing about Coors. Back in the 70s, it wasn't distributed anywhere near where I lived. For some reason, I guess the lack of of availability, combined with being fleeced by advertising's hypnosis we got convinced it must be the nectar of the gods or something.

Our dumb assses would pool our money and actually drive hours on end to buy it! Big bunches of it. What were we thinking?
🤔

Bubba
As I recall it wasn't pasteurized, so wasn't available locally. I always liked Schlitz better.

Remember Blatz?

🤔

Bubba
Me and a friend of mine here in Texas where it was sold😁would by several cases and drive to Hot Springs Arkansas and sale Coors and weed.

I can't sleep...
I'm up, too, bro...

Here's a piece of Family love and loyalty that made me all chokey:

Scooter dropped everything in Oregon and got on a buncha different planes, and showed up in my driveway yesterday evening to help his old man get unfucked.

He is (according to all the other doctors) a superdoc. He is a Board Certified Internist. Only 30% of doctors are Board Certified, and only 30% of doctors who try to get Board Certified make it. So he is in the top 30% of the top 30%.

It is sorta like the difference between a college grad and a PhD. Both are competent, but one is fields ahead of the other.

I am gonna smack his momma inna mouth: That cannot be my kid. [/Buford T. Justice]

Anyway... His immediate move helped already. This began on the 7th and this is 5 days later. I am still in AFib with my numbers going down slowly.

My B/P is still awful, but not AS awful this morning: 145/91 <-- That's bad, no error, but it aint 220/140 with my heart going like a Mississippi riverboat calliope. And he gave me sumpin that brought my heart rate down from 110 BPM to a safe 57 BPM.

What a deal, eh? The Beautiful Witch (his momma) worked for 15 years so we could pay his tuition, and we have gotten a huge return on that investment for sure.

I am still as shaky as a bowl of jello in a hill-climbing jeep. Weak knees, unsteady walk. But the sneaky, poorly hidden fear-factor has faded somewhat.

Moreover, while my B/P fluctuates like a liberal's promise... because of Scotty, it now is fluctuating in the right direction. Instead of B-52 aircraft tire pressure readings, it is now just bus-tire readings.

Ten minutes later (now) at 4:50AM, it is 133/83 YAY! Pulse 56

I know it won't stay there, and I still have the staggers and dizzies, but it is going in the right direction.

Scooter has abandoned all his other committments to fix up his old man. I sure hope I don't disappoint him.

My normal BP and Pulse reading always were in th 116/60 and 65Bpm area.

Enough of this old sack.

How is my brother Rob doing? I know you have worse dings than I do... And I also know you are tough as granite... so whut's up, brother?

Last edited:
Good night Islanders.

They used to have a TV show, where Dale Evans ran a sort of diner in the Old West. They had a bit of trouble with anachronism timeline stuff: The fargin stagecoach came in and left, and here comes the Rogers' comic-relief sidekick (Pat Brady) pulling into the front of the place in Nellybelle <-- You knew the name of the vehicle, because is was painted all across the door of the guy's 1946 JEEP!

Here is an actual scene of a bad guy driving a buckboard after getting stuff a the general store, meeting Roy on Trigger, and Pat Butram on his miracle jeep:
1647082746287.png

1647082610015.png

Last edited:
Hey Walt. Glad to hear your boy showed up to help you. Sorry brother your going thru this shit. I know better than most that AFib fking sucks. Most have no idea what a horrible feeling it is to go into AFib. And especially when you can't stop it.
Finally got my Echo result's Thursday. Doc said my heart was strong. Ejection value was 65. That's damn good. 55 to 70 is normal. Anything under 50 is bad. Thank God I have always had a strong heart, it's my pipes that give me trouble.
Only thing I had was some mild regurgitation in my left ventricle.
Said that if my AFib starts happening without triggers to let them know.
What did Scooter say you needed to do?
By the way I still watch all those old Westerns. My Wife says they will play the Bonanza theme song at my funeral.😁

I'm up, too, bro...

Scooter dropped everything in Oregon and got on a buncha different planes, and showed up in my driveway yesterday evening to help his old man get unfucked.

He is (according to all the other doctors) a superdoc. He is a Board Certified Internist. Only 30% of doctors are Board Certified, and only 30% of doctors who try to get Board Certified make it. So he is in the top 30% of the top 30%.

It is sorta like the difference between a college grad and a PhD. Both are competent, but one is fields ahead of the other.

I am gonna smack his momma inna mouth: That cannot be my kid. [/Buford T. Justice]

Anyway... His immediate move helped already. This began on the 7th and this is 5 days later. I am still in AFib with my numbers going down slowly.

My B/P is still awful, but not AS awful this morning: 145/91 <-- That's bad, no error, but it aint 220/140 with my heart going like a Mississippi riverboat calliope. And he gave me sumpin that brought my heart rate down from 110 BPM to a safe 57 BPM.

What a deal, eh? The Beautiful Witch (his momma) worked for 15 years so we could pay his tuition, and we have gotten a huge return on that investment for sure.

I am still as shaky as a bowl of jello in a hill-climbing jeep. Weak knees, unsteady walk. But the sneaky, poorly hidden fear-factor has faded somewhat.

Moreover, while my B/P fluctuates like a liberal's promise... because of Scotty, it now is fluctuating in the right direction. Instead of B-52 aircraft tire pressure readings, it is now just bus-tire readings.

I know it won't stay there, and I still have the staggers and dizzies, but it is going in the right direction.

Scooter has abandoned all his other committments to fix up his old man. I sure hope I don't disappoint him.

Enough of this old sack.

How is my brother Rob doing? I know you have worse dings than I do... And I also know you are tough as granite... so whut's up, brother?

Good for Scooter! Best wishes brother!

I'm up, too, bro...

Enough of this old sack.

Unca Walt so sorry you are going through this AFib, I bet you are Grateful for you son, and Proud. Hope you stay stable. Take it easy.😻

Me and a friend of mine here in Texas where it was sold😁would by several cases and drive to Hot Springs Arkansas and sale Coors and weed.
I guess it was a thing. When it became available locally, with those dam thumb hole things you had to press out I wondered as I have many times in later years, What was I Thinking? Oh well, all in good fun and making a buck. A man's got to produce.

Bubba

Latest posts

Back