Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
55, sunshine, and a mild breeze. Figured it would be a good time to put on my boots and clean up the winter trash on the road. It's only a third of a mile long, and the Old Hen came along. Surprised that I only got half a garbage bag outta both ditches. Some chucklehead was kind enough to gift the north side with a couple of worn out tires. Not sure what I'm gonna do with those.
Damn fools don't realize that when you littler within 200' of a waterway, it's an automatic $2000 fine. I turned one into the cops a few years back. Never did hear how much they got stung for.

Time for a short break and then on to cleaning bird cages. Might allow myself a decent buzz if I get 'em done without too much whining.

55, sunshine, and a mild breeze. Figured it would be a good time to put on my boots and clean up the winter trash on the road. It's only a third of a mile long, and the Old Hen came along. Surprised that I only got half a garbage bag outta both ditches. Some chucklehead was kind enough to gift the north side with a couple of worn out tires. Not sure what I'm gonna do with those.
Damn fools don't realize that when you littler within 200' of a waterway, it's an automatic $2000 fine. I turned one into the cops a few years back. Never did hear how much they got stung for.

Time for a short break and then on to cleaning bird cages. Might allow myself a decent buzz if I get 'em done without too much whining.
It makes me sad to see how folks litter and throw stuff out in a clean area with no thought of it just to be lazy…

I cured a lot of guys I hung around with from littering. They'd toss something out the window and I'd slam the brakes on, back up, get out, and retrieve the item. I'd toss it in a little basket I had in the rear floorboard. Never said a word. Never had anyone repeat the offense.

Jetbike.jpg

I have a much better place were they can put their litter
I live in a very rural area. And my road is a dead end 300 feet from my place. Some stupid bastage dumped a HUGE shitload of papers right in front of my house. The stoopid shithead that did it was so completely numbskull that he did not care that hundreds of the little sheets had his address on them.

I am not really a nice person when pissed. <-- More on that in a coupla weeks for @boo and @bigsur51

So I worked for about two hours gathering up the mess. Got my big jug of Gorilla Glue out, and one of Herself's artist's broad paintbrushes. Drove over to this arsehole's house, and started glueing the pieces of paper to it.

Totally covered the front door, all the front windows, and a LOT of the frontage brickwork***

***Think: Small papers glued on brick with Gorilla Glue.

Driving by two weeks later, I noted he had a new front door, new windows, and there were still whole sections of brick covered in yellow papers.

I wonder if he will dump a load of his trash on the side of the road around here again.

I think not.

43F @ 89% RH, rain and predicted to reach 54F.

Garage door installation this morning at my duplex storage garage. Replacing the 18' wooden door with a steel door and automatic opener, which should be easier on my back and I'm renting out part of it out to a tenant to park his $5K+ recumbent tricycle.

The garage is still about half full of treasures, but a friend just bought a farm and is scheduled to swing by with a truck later this month to load up equipment from storage that I've gifted him, which he needs and I no longer use and would rather have my garage here at home back as a shop/lab, as well as be able to rent out the storage garage to the duplex tenants.

I originally had collector cars and bikes in all three stalls, and it is perverse how they all filled with treasures once the vehicles were gone.

Passing left............
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Waiting for the rain and the redbuds to flower. Once the redbuds start flowering. It's time to morel mushroom hunt...... Found new hunting areas yesterday while boy and I went riding. Hope to find enough to sell @$25.oo a lb.

First on the agenda is to go to a locksmith and have keys made for a montero.

last years morel mushroom

tasty batch.jpg

Latest posts

Back