Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for the rain and the redbuds to flower. Once the redbuds start flowering. It's time to morel mushroom hunt...... Found new hunting areas yesterday while boy and I went riding. Hope to find enough to sell @$25.oo a lb.

First on the agenda is to go to a locksmith and have keys made for a montero.

last years morel mushroom

View attachment 290940

Good hunting brother!

Waiting for the rain and the redbuds to flower. Once the redbuds start flowering. It's time to morel mushroom hunt...... Found new hunting areas yesterday while boy and I went riding. Hope to find enough to sell @$25.oo a lb.

View attachment 290940
What is the thing bottom left side Looks like a parliament Cig/ butt

View attachment 290940

Morning stain are those morel mushrooms tasty? $25 an oz is a lot of money have fun collecting them. I've never seen them growing around where I have lived. Busy doing this and that. 50 degrees and Sunny.

What happened to my sunshine? It was there when I got up. Looks like it could rain any minute.
Oh, well, I had some for a minute or two. Guess I'll just have to make my own!
Let The Sunshine in......................
sunshine-gif-animation.gif

I live in a very rural area. And my road is a dead end 300 feet from my place. Some stupid bastage dumped a HUGE shitload of papers right in front of my house. The stoopid shithead that did it was so completely numbskull that he did not care that hundreds of the little sheets had his address on them.

I am not really a nice person when pissed. <-- More on that in a coupla weeks for @boo and @bigsur51

So I worked for about two hours gathering up the mess. Got my big jug of Gorilla Glue out, and one of Herself's artist's broad paintbrushes. Drove over to this arsehole's house, and started glueing the pieces of paper to it.

Totally covered the front door, all the front windows, and a LOT of the frontage brickwork***

***Think: Small papers glued on brick with Gorilla Glue.

Driving by two weeks later, I noted he had a new front door, new windows, and there were still whole sections of brick covered in yellow papers.

I wonder if he will dump a load of his trash on the side of the road around here again.

I think not.
I got a little vengeance a few years back. I was doing my usual summer cleanup of the road, and I came across a full black garbage bag that was heavy. For some reason, I decided to haul it back and go through it. The weight came from a lot of sod/dirt, along with the kind of stuff that gets blown under your shrubs in the fall (papers, paper cups & plates, etc.) Lo and behold, I find one of those "Hello, my name is" stickers they hand out at class reunions with a name I recognize from my youth as a guy that was on my paper route.
I get the Old Hen to take a pic of the litter and grab a small Ziploc baggie to stick the sticker in. I tossed the trash in my trash and the sod and dirt into my compost pile, wash my hands, and off to the local Sherriff's sub station. On the way, I drove by where the man, now an OLD man, lived. Had a freshly manicured driveway, edged and all.
I showed all my "evidence" to the LEO. His first comment was, "I'd have taken it all back and dumped it in his driveway!"
I said, "Sure, then you'd be having this conversation with me at my house after his neighbors called you and reported the long haired hippie vandal."
He laughed and admitted I'd probably taken the better path.
I ask what my next move should be, and he replied, "You've done enough. You even located the perp for me. I'll handle it from here. Can I keep the nametag? I want to hear his excuse when I tell him where I found it."
I know the old guy didn't dump the stuff on my road, but whoever did the work for him did, and he'd know where to direct the lawdogs.

Latest posts

Back