Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This plus this makes me happy.

1649705042330.png
1649705142607.png

Reminds me of a guy who built cars for Ford and he would install the dashboards at final build stage. He would hang a small group of heavy steel washers from short piece of wire up inside the dash so when the car came to a quick stop there was a very strange rattle'
He did it for years until Ford became aware and assigned a team to find him after numerous customers complaints .

The online weather says its 34F @ 95% RH, with light rain and predicted to reach 44F but my thermometer says it is 32F, my humidity meter indoors is at 64%, and there is an inch of snow on the ground and more falling. I will have to find out what the TV meteorologist says..........

Alas, one of my renters already crashed into the new garage door and bent it up. Overhead Door due back this morning for some repairs.

Snow on the ground changes my plans to work on the rental trim and flowerboxes. Besides meeting with the door contractor, it looks like my day will be confined to dog walks and indoor sports.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself." St. Augustine ,Philosopher ,Theologian,Good Dancer, Electrician , (354 - 430 AD

Truth is shorter than fiction.

The original non-live version of that was my answering machine (remember those) recording. Started out with that and then had my voice over it saying, "We're either copin' some Zeez or got our knees in the brease, so at the tone, leave a message, please."

Got a call one night and didn't get to the phone before the recording message started. Picked up the receiver and got a, "Oh, I'm sorry. I accidently called your number earlier today, and I thought your message was so funny, I had to call it for my friend when she came over. Would you mind not ansering if I call back so she can hear the whole thing?"

Sure, darlin'.

Latest posts

Back