Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be in the grow first thing and getting my new hearing aids today.....what? Huh?

Another day in the mid 90's. Hot weather usually breaks here by mid August but not this year.....nothing but more 90's in the long range forecast .......

Time for breakfast!

I gotta admit to being in misery. My hearing was donated to Uncle Sam way back in The Olden Days.

So they gave me top-o-the-line hearing aids. But right now I have zerio in that department.

They just... went dull. Only way to describe it. They are susposed to help me with high frequencies... and they both quit at the same time.

So I sent them off to the VA (AKA: Black Hole of Denver).

Misery. If any of you "normal" folks want to know what it is like, here is a very practical and not exaggerated way you can hear for yourself what explosion deafness is like:

Hold a pillow on each ear.

Yes, you can still hear someone talking... and if you are not too bad at lip-reading, you can follow what folks are saying. Mostly.

But... TV, radio, people talking from more than ten feet away... forget it. Nada.

Good morning gentlemen (no ladies seem to frequent the Island anymore). MG, that's one beautiful bud you've got there. I think I'm going to go through my stash and turn it all into oil so I've got a reason to start some plants this winter. I like to get them nice and bushy inside and then put them in the dirt outside in the spring. It makes for some giant beast plants. I'm no where near the growers that you guys are, but the last time I did it, I wound up with four monsters that yielded 4.4 pounds of some fanny kicking weed, and several ounces of sweet tasting hashish. It's the reason I haven't bothered with a grow in four years. It's kind of hard for one person to smoke up that much weed alone.

Morning. How do you keep everything fresh that long WR? After about 6 months everything in jars seems to loose taste and smell. I rarely have anything around longer than 3months anyway so it doesn't really matter to me.

My new hearing aids are working great! Last ones were on their last leg. I have gotten to be pretty good at lip reading recently. Can't see your mouth on here though............

I have a Diesel coming down today. Morning will be spent with scissors in hand!

Good morning gentlemen (no ladies seem to frequent the Island anymore). MG, that's one beautiful bud you've got there. I think I'm going to go through my stash and turn it all into oil so I've got a reason to start some plants this winter. I like to get them nice and bushy inside and then put them in the dirt outside in the spring. It makes for some giant beast plants. I'm no where near the growers that you guys are, but the last time I did it, I wound up with four monsters that yielded 4.4 pounds of some fanny kicking weed, and several ounces of sweet tasting hashish. It's the reason I haven't bothered with a grow in four years. It's kind of hard for one person to smoke up that much weed alone.
Four-point-four POUNDS of weed? SEVERAL OUNCES of hash?

O my dear lord.

I can grow coconut trees. All I do is pick up coconuts as they drop from my trees and throw them in the woods. The woods are full of sprouted coconuts.

Would that I could trade my coconut ability with my INability to grow weed. It'd be like swapping bowling and golf scores.

AHA! I have good story: There's an old guy down here in the tropics who is famous for being able to smash a golf ball flat with his johnson.

Went to see him after several years to see if he was still doing it.

He: "Nah. I'm just gittin' too damn' old to do that anymore..."

Me: "Oh, sorry, well...

He: "...my eyesight is shot, so now I use coconuts."

Good afternoon everyone...It`s sunny and 21 degrees Celsius here with 40 % humidity, ..this is much better then sweating like a pig!...the pollen was flying last night and we now have ( Chemdawg x Tahoe ) x AA and ( Thin Mints x GG #4 ) x AA....Enjoy your trip to the Gym Boo and go easy as your not the young Buck that you once were. Heading out for the afternoon so I`ll chat with youmisfits later on this afternoon....enjoy your day and take care n stay safe.

Beautiful plant MG....here is what I did today. Diesel 9 wks today and she is now hanging for about a week so I can do a dry trim on her.

IMG_20200820_102655974.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words.

that's an awesome specimen to be trimming, what do you call her...
That is Mint Chip Gelato from Cotton Mouth Genetics (aka CMG Trading Cards). Some of the most consistent, easy to grow, easy to clone weed I've grown from seed in a long time, maybe ever. I highly recommend these guys based on what I've seen from this stuff. Can't say enough good things about it. Of course, I haven't smoked any yet but, that's about to change, I have a couple sample buds ready to go. I have one other strain from them that I intend to try soon, we'll see if they really have it together as well as it would appear. 🤘

Same stuff, different plant.
Screenshot_2020-08-18-23-04-25.png

Latest posts

Back