Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening folks. We have brain farts all the time, just ask my wife. Went to the kitchen she asked for a glass of tea. When i came back i had a bowl of ice cream. Handed it to her and she says. What no syrup?

Old farts around here are beginning to sound like the three hard-of-hearing Brits as a train they were on pulled into a station:

"I say, is the Wembley?"

"No, it's Thursday."

"I am too, let's get off and get a drink!"

Old farts around here are beginning to sound like the three hard-of-hearing Brits as a train they were on pulled into a station:

"I say, is the Wembley?"

"No, it's Thursday."

"I am too, let's get off and get a drink!"
This way to the Chatsworth express........
Image result for chatsworth express

Oh boy. Just got down from my roof. My gutters became full of pine needles due to two back-to-back summerstorms.

The Fun Part:

Put up my 10' step ladder and started scooping. Right off, I noticed something not visibobble from the ground: A fargin LOGJAM of pine needles.

Out. Of. Reach.

So I reached. And the ladder went. Somehow, I did a mid-air leap, and landed on my bare knees on the shingles.

Juuust managed to not fall over backwards. I think I may have peed a bit.

Anyway, after scooching around to an upside-down position, I got the pocket cleared.

And found out gravity had increased five-fold. Took five full minutes of struggling to get turned around (with my darling redhead giving endless instructions).

A note here... I've lived a sorta rough life: My left leg does not bend enough for me to be able to ride a bicycle. My left shoulder is made of teflon and titanium. My left arm does not go all the way open-straight.

On the other side, my right shoulder has gone the torn rotator cuff route. My right scapula was re-arranged. My right knee has had two operations to remove the busted crap inside. And I broke my hip and neck.

[Switching to Johnny Dangerously's mother] "Other than that, in the pink![/mama]

So that is how I was kinda stuck. I'd call on some part of me to move, and it would say, "Are you freakin' kidding me?" and refuse.

Finally got down. All out of puffin' and pantin' -- I was down to wheezes.

Drag the ladder back inna garage (carefully stepping around the wild peacock sitting in the middle) and notice that my water heater has pooped the bed.

They'll be here in an hour or so. @$1200 they say.

(*sigh*)

"LIfe, she ees joost a bowl of pinto beans." <-- Manuel Labor, the Ole Messican Philosopher tole me that.

He also said, "I theenk... therefore I yam. I theenk."

Oh boy. Just got down from my roof. My gutters became full of pine needles due to two back-to-back summerstorms.

The Fun Part:

Put up my 10' step ladder and started scooping. Right off, I noticed something not visibobble from the ground: A fargin LOGJAM of pine needles.

Out. Of. Reach.

So I reached. And the ladder went. Somehow, I did a mid-air leap, and landed on my bare knees on the shingles.

Juuust managed to not fall over backwards. I think I may have peed a bit.

Anyway, after scooching around to an upside-down position, I got the pocket cleared.

And found out gravity had increased five-fold. Took five full minutes of struggling to get turned around (with my darling redhead giving endless instructions).

A note here... I've lived a sorta rough life: My left leg does not bend enough for me to be able to ride a bicycle. My left shoulder is made of teflon and titanium. My left arm does not go all the way open-straight.

On the other side, my right shoulder has gone the torn rotator cuff route. My right scapula was re-arranged. My right knee has had two operations to remove the busted crap inside. And I broke my hip and neck.

[Switching to Johnny Dangerously's mother] "Other than that, in the pink![/mama]

So that is how I was kinda stuck. I'd call on some part of me to move, and it would say, "Are you freakin' kidding me?" and refuse.

Finally got down. All out of puffin' and pantin' -- I was down to wheezes.

Drag the ladder back inna garage (carefully stepping around the wild peacock sitting in the middle) and notice that my water heater has pooped the bed.

They'll be here in an hour or so. @$1200 they say.

(*sigh*)

"LIfe, she ees joost a bowl of pinto beans." <-- Manuel Labor, the Ole Messican Philosopher tole me that.

He also said, "I theenk... therefore I yam. I theenk."
You Got Lucky
See the source image

Glad you are OK, I know all about falling off roofs

Pute, the stuff I put in jars did lose it's flavor after about a year of being stored in the cupboard in the basement in a cool, dark environment. The stuff I triple bagged and put in the freezer is still just like the day I put it in.

Walt, the plants I put out were gals I'd been cutting clones off of for many months. I sold most of them to med card holders through a local wellness center. Bushy little gals, probably five foot tall and five foot around. I put them out after the last freeze in the spring. My fenced in grow area is 8x20, and there wasn't much walk room by fall. The plants had so many heavy buds that I had to tie most of the branches up to the top or they'd break under their own weight. It was the best outdoor crop I'd ever had.
I'll never grow that much again at one time. I like a little variety, so it'll be three or four different flavors, which will give me at least a year's worth of smoke, probably more.

Good afternoon everyone....It`s raining and 19 degrees Celsius and I hope that it rains all day as I just had one water hole completely dry up...been using it for over a decade and this is the first time I`ve seen it empty....there is water about 800 feet away so if this rain doesn`t help I`ll be going that route....heading up the Mountain for the afternoon so I do hope that your all enjoying your day....take care n stay safe.

Regarding the roof-scapade: 80 years old is lookin' me right inna eye. Just a few weeks to go...

Ole Roster the Cog's got a point -- I am not as bouncy as I useta be. If I was a car tire, I'd have enough wear that the air would show through in different places.

I am not afraid to die... but I just don't want to be there when it happens.

Regarding the roof-scapade: 80 years old is lookin' me right inna eye. Just a few weeks to go...

Ole Roster the Cog's got a point -- I am not as bouncy as I useta be. If I was a car tire, I'd have enough wear that the air would show through in different places.

I am not afraid to die... but I just don't want to be there when it happens.

WALT, IN CASE SOMEBODY HASN'T ALREADY TOLD YOU.......STAY OFF THE FRICKEN ROOF!!! I still get up there but I shouldn't. Fact is we don't have the balance we used to and things break much easier. If you broke a hip it isn't gonna be a pleasant recovery.

Our problem is the mind still thinks we are 10 feet tall and bullet proof. Unfortunately.....we aren't!!

Latest posts

Back