Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wifes sister was staying over a few days
1657372809629.png

Looks like everyone is getting ready for a hot one. I gotta figure out why my trailer lights don't work. Turn signals and brake lights work but when I turn on the head lights ....nothing. Farg...always something.
Since everything works except for your parking lights, the issue is either with a ground wire or with that specific wire function. Often when one function isn't working, it is due to a bad ground connection, so I recommend checking that first. You will want to make sure that your ground wire has a bare metal to metal connection that is free of corrosion or debris.

Thanks Roster...now I am confused.
!st thing is make sure the ground wire is super clean where it attaches to the metal of trailer .
Then check any splices in the ground going back to your trucks trailer plug.
If that does not help the problem. Look at the trucks trailer plug (4 wire ) and find where the brown wire plugs into it and use a multimeter to see if you have 12 volts coming out of it.
Red meter line goes into the trucks plug and the blk meter wire goes to the ground wire .
If meter reads 12volts or around it is good.
Most likely the ground again.

Faraday cage. I keep one in every vehicle I own. Might just want to drop off the face of the earth, and my smarty-pants phone doesn't have a removable battery. Phone goes in the bag, nothing gets in, and nothing goes out.
please elaborate on construction...I too have unremovable battery in my "smart" phone....

Bubba

Goooode morning brothers and sisters! 61F @ 78% RH and partially cloudy here and predicted to reach 77F

Off this morning to help a friend tow his toy hauler to Portland from over the hill and far away and getting ready for a roundtable in Eugene tomorrow on Mystery oil and Medusa diamonds, followed by a shindig.
I'm assuming the "mystery oil" has nothing to do with petroleum products?

Bubba

We got a nice soaking rain this morning, and we sure needed it.
Now I have to walk over the hill to the spring, see if it’s running good enough to pump water into my cistern, and possibly top it off.
No city water back here in the boondocks.

Latest posts

Back