Island Of Misfits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning Misfits. Guess I went to sleep to early. Ppl come and ppl go. I've been here 15 yrs. None of it is worth arguing about. We all have lives and this is just a small part of it. Sorry about the drama.There are lots of good members on here. I'm sorry this had to happen on the open forum. Hope everyone has a good day.
Coffee time.

Good morning brothers and sisters! Hugz and two tokes all around, smokum-if-ya-gottum!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Not to forget that Two Toke Tuesday is also Topless Tuesday. Flauntum-if-ya-gotum!

Heavy rain predicted today, starting at 55F and predicted to soar to 62F.

Finally back on line after Friday through the weekend down. It took multiple calls to Century Link and bringing in an IT Tech, who determined that they were sending a signal, but no LAN address. After three days of me calling Century Link repair service, I finally called their bluff and yelled at them.

They were determined that the problem was my PF Sense modem/firewall and were not going to look any further, so I finally pulled out the PF Sense and put their modem back in, which still didn't work. They still kept trying to send me back to my "third party" modem supplier for resolution, which is where I yelled, "You are not listening to me! I replaced the third-party modem with your modem, and it still doesn't work. I've now told you that multiple times and this is the last one. Either fix the problem or I will replace your internet service with a supplier who delivers what I'm paying for."

Magically, after more quality time holding online listening to music and how important my call is to them, as well as how I could sagely do this same transaction online simpler and easier, even though the problem was that I couldn't go online, the lights on my modem start lighting up and my service returned.

Amazingly it only took about four hours online with repair service agents that I can barely understand because English is not their native language, being hung up on twice, bringing in an IT Tech, and finally the magic of calling their bluff and losing my temper. Suffice to say I am now researching alternative internet suppliers...........................

They all split.
Good morning Misfits. Guess I went to sleep to early. Ppl come and ppl go. I've been here 15 yrs. None of it is worth arguing about. We all have lives and this is just a small part of it. Sorry about the drama.There are lots of good members on here. I'm sorry this had to happen on the open forum. Hope everyone has a good day.
Coffee time.
Ummmm, I've been off line long enough to lose track of what is going on. I see Boo is still extant, but did we lose Sub Girl, Walt, or Big? Please answer that via PM if that is a verboten subject.

Last edited:
Ummmm, I've been off line long enough to lose track of what is going on. I see Boo is still extant, but did we lose Sub Girl, Walt, or Big?
I can't get into all that brother. But all of the ones you mentioned can still post except Boo from what I seen this morning when I logged in.
Just another day on Social media.🤪

Good morning brothers and sisters! Hugz and two tokes all around, smokum-if-ya-gottum!View attachment 348217View attachment 348218

Not to forget that Two Toke Tuesday is also Topless Tuesday. Flauntum-if-ya-gotum!

Heavy rain predicted today, starting at 55F and predicted to soar to 62F.

Finally back on line after Friday through the weekend down. It took multiple calls to Century Link and bringing in an IT Tech, who determined that they were sending a signal, but no LAN address. After three days of me calling Century Link repair service, I finally called their bluff and yelled at them.

They were determined that the problem was my PF Sense modem/firewall and were not going to look any further, so I finally pulled out the PF Sense and put their modem back in, which still didn't work. They still kept trying to send me back to my "third party" modem supplier for resolution, which is where I yelled, "You are not listening to me! I replaced the third-party modem with your modem, and it still doesn't work. I've now told you that multiple times and this is the last one. Either fix the problem or I will replace your internet service with a supplier who delivers what I'm paying for."

Magically, after more quality time holding online listening to music and how important my call is to them, as well as how I could sagely do this same transaction online simpler and easier, even though the problem was that I couldn't go online, the lights on my modem start lighting up and my service returned.

Amazingly it only took about four hours online with repair service agents that I can barely understand because English is not their native language, being hung up on twice, bringing in an IT Tech, and finally the magic of calling their bluff and losing my temper. Suffice to say I am now researching alternative internet suppliers...........................
Morning GW
More dumbing down of America through world intervention
Ain't it Great, glad you are back up running. Yep time to look for another ISP.

Good morning RM! May the joy of this magnificent day abound and flow through you!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
coffee.gif
sunny.gif

The problem was Century Link sold their internet service in my area to Quantum Link and there was a problem "migrating" the accounts, so that neither one had both the account and the ability to fix the problem. It's problematic that they contract out their repair services to people that do not clearly articulate or comprehend English in this English speaking country.

Good morning RM! May the joy of this magnificent day abound and flow through you!View attachment 348219View attachment 348220View attachment 348221View attachment 348222

The problem was Century Link sold their internet service in my area to Quantum Link and there was a problem "migrating" the accounts, so that neither one had both the account and the ability to fix the problem. It'sspainish problematic that they contract out their repair services to people that do not clearly articulate or comprehend English in this English speaking country.
Im brushing up on my Spanish myself

Morning GW
More dumbing down of America through world intervention
Ain't it Great, glad you are back up running. Yep time to look for another ISP.

Im brushing up on my Spanish myself
I got a mixture of mostly Asian and Hindu, but possibly one Spanish native speaker. Hard to understand even on the speaker phone.

As noted their English is better than my utility with their native languages, but I question whether their grasp of the content of the English language is as good as their verbalization skills. It also became clear that they were reading the previous technician's notes, rather that listening to the words of my mouth.

Because so many people have a hard time understanding them, I wonder if they have become obdured to people telling them they aren't listening or don't understand.

Latest posts

Back