• If you cannot log in please check out this thread After Upgrade Notes. or use the Contact Us at the bottom right corner of the main forum page.
Advertise On Marijuana Passion

It’s a boy, and I want to save the pollen.

2RedEyes

Something clever...
Reaction score
So this is the first clear to me picture of a pollen sack, it’s in a grow box with a couple of girls and I have nowhere else to keep him. I’d like to harvest some pollen for later use so I’m wondering how long is it safe before I need to get him out and get his dust into storage. These balls are pretty small right now.

View attachment D792093F-B61A-4075-B82D-177C965AA6A7.jpeg

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Those big ones will blow first, if you don't want pollination, i would move him now. I use parchment paper under the plant and catch all the male flowers and pollen. I shake the plant over it and then use a credit card to scoop it up and put in a sealed jar. make sure you get all the green male flowers out of the pollen. Then store in the jar. I don't cap mine until i have all those flowers out as i am afraid they hold moisture. I use tweezers to get them. They will bloom for 6 weeks, those boys. Ball mojo, ha i have never said ball mojo before.

RubyRed

Reaction score
IME if you dont want them girls knocked up, then HE needs to leave. Have you a friend he can house for a few weeks?. that pollen will get everywhere. I learned most from doing and seeing. Happy Collecting

:48:

samarta

Reaction score
If you use that pollen on a plant from a feminized seed, will you have a good chance of producing feminized seeds in that plant or does it not work that way??

The Hemp Goddess

Granny Mod
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use that pollen on a plant from a feminized seed, will you have a good chance of producing feminized seeds in that plant or does it not work that way??
No, it does not work that way.

Latest posts