its just dont make sense !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red_ss

Reaction score
Hi guys .. i posted 2 days ago about my spider mites problem any way i treated the plants well and washed / flushed them but there gettin worst now almost every single leaf in the plants is dry and dead !! but im confused because i thoght the mites killed the plants but know i changed my mind because iv been growing for a year and the mites was there from the beginning they go and come back but they didnt seem to be that harmfull!! i mean it might effect the amount of weed im gettin but it never killed any plant!! any way as the moment i moved the plants to a new grow room they started to get worste untill they seem to be dead eventhogh the new grow room is better than the older with beter equipment.. so let me tell you iv got some fresh clones 2 days ago and they were so good under a small flow light in my bedroom untill yesterday when i moved them to the grow room under 400 mh with temps 73-79 and now they started to have the same problem that the big sick plants have even thogh they are seperated the big plnts is in a diffrient closet and the fresh clones is in diffrient closet.. whats happining to my plants?? i started to think that the new grow room is cursed because any plant i put there after around 12 hours start to llok horrble first the leaves kind of dropy then curluey and i see some holes in them.. im confused it dont make scence to me iv never had a dead plant before i had alot of sick plants but at the moment i flush them they get back very fast and now all my plants are diyng in the same time thts so rough.. i need help please ..dot let my plants die..

Thank you

I dont understand why you moved plants with mites into a new grow room that would have been clean.

Are you growing in soil?

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
I dont understand why you moved plants with mites into a new grow room that would have been clean.

Are you growing in soil?

Thank you HippyInEngland.. I moved the plants because i had 2 the old room need some fixing.. i used some spray and washed the plants and gave them good flush then moved them to the new room.. they look worse now.. but the question is why the fresh clones started to have the same problem when i moved them to the new room .. actully the clones look unormal to me but they still ok if i can recognize the problem fast im sure i can save them..

yes.. im growing soil

Thnks again

I think that you have some other problem than the spider mites. Although they will suck the life out of your leaves and affect yield, I have never seen or heard of a mite infestation so bad that it killed plants that fast. Give us some more info about your grow--type of medium, how old the plants are, ppms, pH, etc, etc

Are you re-using soil or using fresh every time? Do you sanitize your growing pots in between?

Hello again Red :)

Click the word Quote at the bottom right and then fill as much of this in as you can, it will give us a better idea of sorting your problem out :aok:

Can you get a couple of pictures to us?

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?

What STRAIN are you growing?

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)

What is the age of your plants?

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?

How Tall are the plants?

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)

What Nutrient's are you using?

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*

How often are you feeding?

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?

How often are you watering?

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?

What size bulb are you using?

What is the distance to the canopy?

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)

What is the canopy temperature?

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?

Is the fan blowing directly at plants?

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?

Is your water HARD or SOFT?

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?

Are you using water from a water softener?

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?

if you have had a continual problem with spider mites then why would you think that the clones would be free of spider mites?

why would you put up with an infestation? be diligent at getting rid of them as well as making sure YOU dont track the mites between your rooms.

what are you using to wash your plants?
are they in veg or flower?
i dont think the holes in the leaf was caused by a spider mite.
are you sure you have Spider mites, if so do you see any webbing under the leaves and near the stalk?
i dont think flushing your plants helps with the mites.

i took 3 cuttings using the method described by NorCalHal and 19 days later they are still alive. this was my first attempt at cloning and they looked wilted for the first day or so. i use 4" grodan blocks and last week when i watered them i gently squeezed the block to get out the excess H2O and the clones didnt like it. i thought i killed them but a few days later they were back to normal. my point is that the clones may look bad initially but be patient.

you joined on 2007 and only growing for a year. am i right?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I think that you have some other problem than the spider mites. Although they will suck the life out of your leaves and affect yield, I have never seen or heard of a mite infestation so bad that it killed plants that fast. Give us some more info about your grow--type of medium, how old the plants are, ppms, pH, etc, etc

Thank you The Hemp Goddess

i use a normal soil which iv been using for a year and its exellant, ph 6.7, temps 74-80, i have plants in all ages imean i used to have them veg,flow,clones but now they seem dead axept the clones they might survive the actully rooted and when i moved them to the new room the went so bad.

Six said:
Are you re-using soil or using fresh every time? Do you sanitize your growing pots in between?

Thank you Six
some times i reuse the soil with a flush and sometimes i use new soil. yes i use 5 pots.

HippyInEngland said:
Hello again Red :)

Hello Hippy , Thank you for those good questions your like a growing master my bro, i m sorry idint respont so fast yesterday i went out with some friends and we got so drunk and wasted lol, also im sorry idint understand all your questions because english is my second languge.

Click the word Quote at the bottom right and then fill as much of this in as you can, it will give us a better idea of sorting your problem out :aok:

Can you get a couple of pictures to us?

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?
actully i had mites long time ago aroun 9 months, but the plants didnt start to look dead untill 4 days when i moved to the new room

What STRAIN are you growing?
pardice ice cream ( indica/sativa)

What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
i started with seeds then iv been going on with clones

What is the age of your plants?
all ages some are fresh rooted clones . veg . flow

How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
since them clones rooted i moved them in 5g pots untilli harvest them

How Tall are the plants?
the flowering plants around 1m veg 1/2 m

What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
fresh just rooted clones - veg - flow

What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)
sorry ididn understand that , you know english is my second languge so im sorry if i didnt understand everything

What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
5g pots

What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)
its a perfict dutch mixture iv been using for a year and im telling you evry thing was better than perfict , and its the only product avilble in our markets.

What Nutrient's are you using?
what im using called GrowFast nut , iv beenn using this same kind for also a year and it was great, any way its also the best product availble , i dont find fox farm ar advanced nutes here.

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpfful*
when i first started growing i used to burn the plants alot because i didnt know the right amount . but after 2 -3 burns i learned how to nut them , it says on the nut bottle you should use 25ml with 1 littre of water , when i used this much the plants started to burn so now i use 13 ml with each littre and the plants were so fine.

How often are you feeding?
2-3 times during veg - 2 times in flowering

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
i dont have a bloom nutrients they dont sell them here , i use the same nutes for the whole thing

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)

What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
sorry , ididnt understand TDS/EC/PPM

What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?
my ph is around 6.7

What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
i dont have ph tester i tried to find it but its not avilble therefore im buying a mineral water with the low ph i found in the markets 6.7

How often are you watering?
i dip my finger in the soil and left a pot up to see if its heavey or not then i water if its dry.

When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
2 -3 during veg - 2 during flow

What size bulb are you using?
400MH for veging plants - 400HPS for flowering plants

What is the distance to the canopy?
sorry i didnt understant

What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
mm..sorry i didnt understand but im controlling the room temps with AC and fans

What is the canopy temperature?
sorry i didnt under stand

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)
day 73-80 - night 70 -75

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
i have a fan that enters fresh air and another one to suck the air out

Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
yeah there running now but on the old room the flowering plants didnt have a fan thet enters fresh air at night oly exhastion.

Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
yes

Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?
wet

Is your water HARD or SOFT?
soft

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
mineral water with 6.7 ph

Are you using water from a water softener?
no

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?
yeah the veg one have been cloned

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?
no

Thank You HippyInEngland

Thank you Super Silver Haze
i really appreciate your help

Super Silver Haze said:
if you have had a continual problem with spider mites then why would you think that the clones would be free of spider mites?

because i seperated them from the beginig in a coverd box , i only saw one mite an the top of a clone soil once.

-why would you put up with an infestation? be diligent at getting rid of them as well as making sure YOU dont track the mites between your rooms.
im sorry bro but what does infestation mean?

what are you using to wash your plants?
water only

are they in veg or flower?
some veg - some flow

i dont think the holes in the leaf was caused by a spider mite.
are you sure you have Spider mites, if so do you see any webbing under the leaves and near the stalk? yeah i see alot of those nets

i dont think flushing your plants helps with the mites.
i thoght fussing helps every thing!

i took 3 cuttings using the method described by NorCalHal and 19 days later they are still alive. this was my first attempt at cloning and they looked wilted for the first day or so. i use 4" grodan blocks and last week when i watered them i gently squeezed the block to get out the excess H2O and the clones didnt like it. i thought i killed them but a few days later they were back to normal. my point is that the clones may look bad initially but be patient.

those clones actully rooted and standed up with new grow untill of coure when i moved them.

you joined on 2007 and only growing for a year. am i right?

maybe its more than a year aroun year and a half , since i started grownig i dont track time that much you know lol.

Thank you bro

Hello Red :)

Out of all your answers I can only find this that could be causing your problem.

mineral water with 6.7 ph

Some mineral water is high in dissolved salts.

This could cause lock outs.

HippyInEngland said:

Out of all your answers I can only find this that could be causing your problem.

So as long as we are on the subject, whats the best way to get rid of that salt buildup, just a flush? or should it be with a certain type of water?

HippyInEngland said:

Thank you Hippy for your consideration but iv been using the same water from the beggining and every thing was great!! that why im confused now ? i used the same water and i got a delicious tastey buds for the whole year bro

Six said:
So as long as we are on the subject, whats the best way to get rid of that salt buildup, just a flush? or should it be with a certain type of water?

Thank you Six
Thats a good question Six .. i dont think thats my problem because my plants was doing so good with the same system for over a year but all of sudden when i moved them they just went so horroble??

Sounds like you might be using bad nutes. Maybe check the expiration date.

powerplanter said:
Sounds like you might be using bad nutes. Maybe check the expiration date.

Thank you powerplanter

I dont think nutes is my problem.. i tried a couple of nutes and that one turn to br the best. iv been using it from the beggining and i got great results.

hello guys.. i think finally i detected the problem that killed my plants.. any way its to late now every thing is dead..

yesterday i noticed that my 400w MH bulb is broken ( imean the glass that cover the crystal pice inside is broken but the light still working.. i think i broke it when i moved to other room.. because every single plant went under that light start to look diffirent in a short time such as 10 hours only.. and even thogh im using the MH for my veg plants when i first move to the new room kpt the flow plants under the 400 mh while i set up the flowering closet and they started to look horroble .. the clones to were so good under florunce ights untill i moved them to the MH they went bad and all the plants dont seem to be recovering even when i took away from that light..

so please who have an idea about that .. is it really what killed the plants ??eventhogh the temps was normal with that broken bullb but i think maybe with out the glass around it it might give bad light?? idont know?/ that the only reasnoble explanation i came out with!!

Thank you guys..

cmmon guys please help a brother out.. anyone who have an idea about lights ?? .. im already miserable i lost all me baibys and now i have to start all over again that sucks i need to waite 4months to harvest again..

Latest posts

Back