Just a gal trying a grow=]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passionpop

Reaction score
Hello im trying my first grow for a lady i think im doing pretty well! =]

I germinated seeds in soil and under a light and it worked great, i transplanted the young seedling to a square wool type medium which was soaked with water and nutes.

Its under a 4100k light in a seal lighting area but no air flow etc, so i went online and bought a 0.8x.045x0.8 grow tent. Till that arrives i have it growing basic.

I also built my own hydroponic bucket bubble system and i think its working well so far ;).

I just need to know what kind of light i need in my grow tent, and how i should go about the setup, heres a link to the tent, might give you guys some ideas for an amateur gal like me :):eek:

hXXp://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170945477928#ht_2191wt_1271
hXXp://i48.tinypic.com/2h7p2qx.jpg
hXXp://tinypic.com/r/w4umw/6
anything appreciated x

welcome to the passion...Please remove the live links as they not alloud here...thats a cool chamber ya have...Im sorry I dont know metter size of the tent...but you want a min 5000 lumes a square foot for vegging and 7500 for flower..that one cfl wont be enough other than to start the plant....you want that tent set up and tested befor its ready...

:48:

passionpot, first of all ladies grow as good as guys.

Welcome to MP. The best place to learn.

Green mojo to you!

Welcome to MP. I am always thrilled to welcome another female getting into growing.

I checked out your pics, but couldn't really see your plant. Do not nute too young or it will burn and kill them. So I would recommend not soaking the rockwool in nutes.

My metric is not great, but I'm thinking the tent is in the area of 32 x 18", so a 400W HPS would work great. You will need ventilation. I recommend a good quality centrifuge type fan (do not get a duct booster fan).

Hope you can post up some pics of your baby here.

We also ask that you have no direct links in your posts, they can lead anywhere. And we like to have you post your pics here. There can be problems with posting pics to sites like Photobucket--some of them work with the police.

:ciao::welcome: To the Only Place:ciao::bolt::bong:

Looks like you are getting great advice already and nothing I can add besides what was already mentioned.

Have fun and happy growing:)

Oh you guys are wonderful and very helpful, i will deffiently look into a 400 w lamp and i think your right, one seedling died! most likely to nutes in the rock wool!, one still lives on to tell another tale.

Will keep you all posted!

Welcome to the Passion :) I have 2 words of advice(well maybe a few more than that) First, until you get your tent and HPS light, get a strong light bulb that is in the 6500K spectrum. They are hard to find in most places but if you have a grow store, or a home depot/Lowes, they usually carry them in that spectrum. The 6500K spectrum is the best "vegging" light for MJ.

Second, if you are doing any kind of hydro or synthetic nutrients, make sure to get a good PH pen and keep the PH between 5.3-6.2 with the ideal at 5.8(for hydro, in soil the PH would run a little higher)

Hope this helps you :) if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask :)

Hushpuppy said:
Welcome to the Passion :) I have 2 words of advice(well maybe a few more than that) First, until you get your tent and HPS light, get a strong light bulb that is in the 6500K spectrum. They are hard to find in most places but if you have a grow store, or a home depot/Lowes, they usually carry them in that spectrum. The 6500K spectrum is the best "vegging" light for MJ.

Second, if you are doing any kind of hydro or synthetic nutrients, make sure to get a good PH pen and keep the PH between 5.3-6.2 with the ideal at 5.8(for hydro, in soil the PH would run a little higher)

Hope this helps you :) if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask :)

you guys rock

Latest posts

Back