JUST a seed Question, hahaha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Da420wn

Reaction score
So first off, Hello again, it has been a long time... about 2 crops worth. The first was AWESOME.:D The second NOT so good.:eek: Learned it is too darn hot to grow in the summer, and not all clones are GOOD. Spidermites SUCK. Trust your friends, but not thier friends.
BUT like I said I HAVE LEARNED

BUT, here is my fun question: {from the first crop}
I got some Sour D clones from a friend, now I am not sure but some how the buds had seeds in them. I kept em, and Germed them /planted them / and have now sexed them.

THEY ARE ALL FEMALE ALL 25 of them. :hubba::eek::D
yes I am sure, I let them turn alil too much just to make darn sure.

( I got some more seeds,I have saved );)

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??? I have been reading but havenot yet foubd any info on this....

anyone got something to ring in here???

SirSmoke-a-Lot said:
god has given u a gift.
yea he has.. with "probable" hermies.. :p
"I got some Sour D clones from a friend, now I am not sure but some how the buds had seeds in them."
"THEY ARE ALL FEMALE ALL 25 of them"..
gives me reason to suspect that your 'clones' were pollinated by hermie flowers. Your results will most likely reflect that, this grow.

partycheife.. search the forum for "feminised seeds".. ;)

SO you are saying my lil girls are hermies???
I am reading

there's only one way to produce seeds. A pistil being fertilized by a staminate flower. If there were no "staminate" (male) plants around your clones, and they produced seeds, it's obvious where the pollen came from.

ive been getting some good blueberry weed from my kin for a while now, every now & then id get a couple seeds out of a bud. i saved them cause the weed was so good. when i told him i had stuffed 4 in some soil and 4 came up, he said they all probably would be girls. is there a hermie gene in there somewhere? that creates only a couple seed's (im talking 6 seeds to 1 ounce) in a plant? he mainly grows clones, and hes been doing this a while, so i think he'd spot a hermie if he had 1. Curious , huh? ill be watching these seeds closely.

It only takes 1 nanner to produce seeds. That 1 male flower can be located deep inside a bud at a preflowering site or it can easily get lost in the shuffle. But as hick said, seeds can only be produced when pollen hits a female flower, there is no such thing as totally randomily appearing seeds, there is ALWAYS a source, it just seems that sometimes the source is harder to find then the product

OK now I am getting it a lil better, WHEW!!! I believe that there had to be SOME KIND OF MALE source from where I got my clones. AND that is SO a possibility.
But how are all my seeds female. LUCK????

simply plants are like ppl males have a xy chromosome and females an xx. if the female plant grows a pollen flower (hermie) the pollen produced would have an xx type because it came from a female. if the pollen is then put to any flower/ bud to grow seed the seeds 100% have to be female because the seeds are 50% gene from mom and 50% from dad and both genes in this hermie case are xx. so no matter what the seedlings from a hermie plant will be xx or female plants :)

wouldn't it also make the plants from those seeds more likely to turn hermie since one of its parents was a hermie?? i think it would. jmo

exactly! every part of your plant comes from the genes of its two parents. or in this case (hermie) its one parent since they both came from the same female plant they have the same gene strands meaning most likely they will become somewhat hermie. most likely if so they will have a few male flowers but more buds. if possible remove the male buds whenever u see them unless of course u want seeds. because one male flower can pollinate a room full of females.

partychief13 said:
OK now I am getting it a lil better, WHEW!!! I believe that there had to be SOME KIND OF MALE source from where I got my clones. AND that is SO a possibility.
But how are all my seeds female. LUCK????

They can go hermie at any time..up to the last 2 weeks before Harvest...So I would have to say..wait untill you Harvest to see how many true females you have...chances are their true colors will show...I will like to know how they finish...please keep us informed:)

take care and be safe

agreed any shock to your plant at any stage in its life could confuse the plant causing the plant to grow buds of the opposite sex, thus a hermie

Well a lot to think about and a lot to read . And boy a lot to read hehehhehe
I will keep you posted....
They look good for now. we will see what I got SOON.

ok well you guys are making me a lil Depressed !!! and here I thought I was some kind of super germinator HAHAHAHAHAHA

There is no chance of me passing this on don't worry

Latest posts

Back