Just got some "Einstein Oil" HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Toker

Living Large
Reaction score
Found those damn spider mites again so I got this stuff called "Einstein Oil" It is suppose to be the bomb!! Anybody use this before? I was also wondering if anybody knows what the stain of Lady bugs that like to eat the mites?

Hello T T :)

All ladybirds eat spider mites.

That oil you mention above is simply a neem oil pre prepared mixture, you can make your owm much cheaper.

10 ml neem oil
2 ml liquid detergent or liquid soap
1 liter warm water

Shake it well and spray covering all surfaces including under the leaves.

:peace:

HIE The instructions on my bottle of Einstein Oil say to use 1/2 - 2 tsp in 1 Qt of warm water and to add a few drops of dish soap. The bottle says it's cold pressed Neem oil. Is this differant than what you speak of?

smokeytimes said:
HIE The instructions on my bottle of Einstein Oil say to use 1/2 - 2 tsp in 1 Qt of warm water and to add a few drops of dish soap. The bottle says it's cold pressed Neem oil. Is this differant than what you speak of?

It is exactly the same :)

thedonofchronic said:
can that be used in flowering also?
where can i find this neem oil?

Spray nothing on growing buds.

Need is all over the place, health shops, Ebay etc.

:peace:

BIO warfare is another option.Predator of
Twospotted mite

Typhlodromus occidentalis

Feeding on mite eggs."

5000 is the smallest number you can get them in but there not that expensive, better to have an infestation of those things than spider mites.

Be very careful with Einstein Oil! I just got some today and used it as a precautionary measure on some healthy rooted clones and it killed 5 out 15 only hours after using it. I followed the instructions exactly and then went to dinner for a few hours. I came back and checked on the girls and they were looking bad. The healthier ones had black spots that looked like they were burned, not a nute burn but a fire burn. Some of the other healthier ones looked like they had light nute burn. The bad ones, the 5 dead ones, looked like the leaves are dead, turned brown, transparent, droopy and soggy.

I think I know some of what caused this. After using the oil I put them directly under the fluorescent lights. These particular lights are very bright and I think they could have the potential to burn a plant if they were wet. However the extent of the damage goes beyond the average water/light burn. I have sprayed other clones and babies before and put them under these lights with no issues.

After discovering this tragedy I dipped them all in water and turned the light off. I will check them in the morning and hope for the best.

The lesson learned is this, I will not use this oil again unless there is an actual mite problem.

Next time I will just trust to a visual inspection. Clones are small enough to check thoroughly for any molds/bugs.

Be careful with this oil, perhaps try it out on one clone and see how it goes, avoid light until it the spray is totally dry.

I wouldn't recommend using Neem oil on any plant that is under two weeks in veg. it did make my plants droopy after I sprayed them down. Good news is I have not seen anymore gnats since.

Latest posts

Back