Just took some Clones; and feel like a monster...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNorCal

Reaction score
Ok this is a little weird maybe, but does anyone else ever feel bad after taking clones? I mean, do you feel like your just hacking up these beautiful little ladies that you brought into this world and watched with pride as they grew from a single tap root to big beautiful green lush adults? Well, I do. I'm going to try and sleep, but with this on my mind I don't know how I can. I'm a monster.....

its just a hair cut buddy, thats all. She was just re-producing like any good mother in this world wants to do. SHe wanted to produce man, she genuinely wanted you to "cut her hair". Trust me dude. it should grow back shortly and you can trim her beautiful bush all over again!

EVILDOER!:p

Yeah, I felt the same way the first time.:eek:
Now I'm like, hack 'em up!:hubba:

I just recently tried my hand at cloning and felt much the same way- but I had different reasons- I didn't see any other options for salvaging my grow. My young girls were over-nuted, burned, and stunted- so I scrapped them all except the one I took clones from. She had 13 growing tips on her and I took 10 clones from her leaving 3 shoots. Still couldn't throw her out.

So I left her in my box with the clones- pathetic looking plant with 3 shoots.... Well she bounced back big time! She's growing like gangbusters and those 3 shoots are on their way to being 3 nice colas.

I guess the moral of the story is (at least the lesson I learned) is that you may be slowing her growth for a while, but you're not hurting her.

Good luck with your clones.

:rofl:

it gets easier my friend...escpecially when ya have continues grows...remember paitinets is key here....take care and be safe..

You Monster:giggle:

Lol. Thanks everybody. After a long nights rest and reading all of your comments I feel much better. Now I'm going to go check on the newest editions to my room! Happy growing.

I dont feel bad at all...course I never take very much. Once I saw how they respond to topping I figured they like it.

Hi,

Nope... doesn't bother me at to take clones or do some radical pruning at all any more... I lollipop, LST and supercrop most of my strains so I've learned that they can take an incredible amount of pruning and abuse if done during veg and IF you allow her the time to recover... One thing that DOES bother me even after about 15 years of doing this I STILL get anxiety when I have to cull out the extra rooted clones or get rid of excess females in my veg room due to space... In the summer I give them to a pal who do outdoor grows but the rest of the year I gotta toss what won't fit in my garden... Even though I can have a dozen rooted clones of a strain vegging for my next grow I hate to destroy female plants when I have to choose 8 of the clones that are the most even in size to flower and get rid of the others. Sometimes I'll give the leaves a little smooch and say a little zen prayer for the loss as I toss them into the bin... It still bums me out a bit... :cry: The lost potential is what bums me out...

Peace!:cool:

:yeahthat: I feel you DOS! Breaks my heart too. I've gone so far as to leave one sit outside my box. I felt so bad.

As a mother and grandmother, I can say that it does not bother me at all. It is like grooming, not abuse--cutting your hair or trimming your fingernails. I always talk to my girls when we are doing this--they love it and know that it is for the best. Do not feel bad--your little mommy needs some trimming and it is good for her.:D

I actually feel kinda like god....i'm cutting off somethings' finger, and growing a whole new person kinda feeling...or a genetic engineer of sorts...anyway, I honestly don't reckon the plants mind....I've yet to find the 'brain' when i'm doing the autopsy (trimming)... Surely though, since every time you trim off a bit, it grows back bigger and better....It's kinda like doing them a favor, by helping them be bigger, bushier, and in the plant world, i think bigger is better?

So HempGoddess, do you play violin music to your ladies when you chop?
I crank up some Old Zep or Metallica when I play doctor! Hee Hee....:)

Yeppers,

I like trim, and I enjoy the manicuring of a good bush. It's the getting there that is 80% of the fun. :rofl:

I couldn't resist:hubba:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Latest posts

Back