KDub's Grand Daddy Purple Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K Double

Reaction score
Well I'm sure many have noticed that Ken has released Grand Daddy Purple in seed form (So much for clone only)...

I got these a couple of weeks ago from the attitude and I have already germ'd em (as of 3/6). I lost a bean out of the pack of 10 (go figure) so I only started with 9 beans. I got a fairly respectable 7 out 9 germ rate and it probably would have been better, but I had some issues with temps not being where I'd normally like them.

I will be going organic with these as I always do. I veg under 400MH & I'm using a 2 part HF, 1 part coco & 1 part perlite mix. I haven't decided on what nutes I'll be using but I will probably going with AN...

Stay tuned...

GDP Breeder Pack 1.JPG

GDP Breeder Pack 2.JPG

Vrry nice!, pulling up my chair!
what kinda setup space wise?

green mojo for a very purp grow!

bubba902 said:
Vrry nice!, pulling up my chair!
what kinda setup space wise?

green mojo for a very purp grow!

These will veg in a 4x4x7 under 400MH... I plan to flower under 1200HPS but that wont be for several weeks

Stay tuned....

Oh and by the way... Let me post this now because I do not want my thread to full of non-sense. Yes there is Ken's Cut of GDP... Thats obvious he created the strain... And these beans come from Kens GDP. Please don't fill up my thread with garbage related to GDP being clone only.... TY!

http://granddaddypurp.com/grand-daddy-purple/ said:
Grand Daddy Purple was founded and introduced into the Bay Area by Ken Estes in 2003. Soon after it’s introduction the medical marijuana strain took the California Collective scene by storm. The demand was so high for Grand Daddy Purple that not all collectives in California that wanted to carry the strain were able to at that time.

This is precisely when the nomenclature problem commenced- medical marijuana growers of all walks of life soon started calling any bud that had the slightest coloration of purple Grand Daddy Purple or GDP. With inferior growers claiming that they had the Grand Daddy Purple “GDP” strain, collectives across the state of California started incorrectly referring to these inferior strains as Grand Daddy Purple.

Ken Estes was aware that many growers and collectives were not only misrepresenting his strain, but that they were also growing inferior medical marijuana and calling it GDP. Due to all the imitation strains of Grand Daddy Purple Ken decided to re-brand his strain as Grand Daddy Purp.

This re-branding would not only separate the imitation strains of Grand Daddy Purple from the real one, but it would ensure that patients would continue to receive superior strains of medical marijuana.

Have you ever purchased Grand Daddy Purple thinking that it was the real Grand Daddy Purp? Let us know! We would love to hear from you!

Any questions about GDP, Just ask the man yourself.

I am also growing GDP from seed but not Ken's beans. Mine is OJD's S1. So he took 2 clones of gdp and reversed 1 and made it a male, then bred them.

K Double said:
Oh and by the way... Let me post this now because I do not want my thread to full of non-sense. Yes there is Ken's Cut of GDP... Thats obvious he created the strain... And no GDP is not "clone only" if you have been told that then you have been misled & misinformed.

Just ask the man yourself.

So full of it it's laughable. Believe what you want....but it is not the truth.
He did not create the strain. GDP has been around since '97. Estes "claimed it" when he opened his club. He got a good cut and rebranded it, same cut as the original gdp.
Original gdp is clone only.
Makes me ill when I read the hype.

You guys on the West Coast got it pretty good when your discussing strain origins, Ken B.(whoever he is), and well-known clubs. I'm jealous. Here in the Arizona desert, we're struggling with just being able to grow a couple of quality ounces. Anything remotely purple here is considered to be of superior quality. Yesterday, I planted 6 Purple Wrecks from Reserva Privada. Maybe I can start being Arizona's version of Ken B. or maybe one day even of NorCalHal. :cool:

NorCalHal: Thanks for your opinion... I'll be sure to refer to it when I make future bean purchases.... Seriously though, keep the ** outta my thread... TY!

Moving along.

Here is an update. As I mentioned in the above posts I ended up with 7/9 from germination. I'm running these organic under 400MH. Here's a couple shots after about 10-11 days.

So far, so good. There two that obviously are slower but other than that, I like the development so far. I am also having some temp issues (damn early spring), no biggie. I've got cool tubes coming next week

Stay tuned....

Mar. 17th - 3 (11 Days).JPG

Mar. 17th - 2 (11 Days).JPG

Thanks for sharing your idea. Really nice description.

K Double said:
NorCalHal: Thanks for your opinion... I'll be sure to refer to it when I make future bean purchases.... Seriously though, keep the ** outta my thread... TY!

Moving along.

Here is an update. As I mentioned in the above posts I ended up with 7/9 from germination. I'm running these organic under 400MH. Here's a couple shots after about 10-11 days.

So far, so good. There two that obviously are slower but other than that, I like the development so far. I am also having some temp issues (damn early spring), no biggie. I've got cool tubes coming next week

Stay tuned....

Don't Hate...appreciate. I speak only truth my ill informed friend. If you want to copy and paste more crap from his website...feel free. It doesn't make it so.

If you want some real GDP pics, let me know, i'm cutting down gdp next week.

The reason I corrected you is that you are spewing false info.

NorCalHal: I guess you don't get it... do you? Well, allow me to explain. For starters, we are not friends and you have not corrected any one. Your GDP history lesson has no factual merit, plus your arrogance is sickening.

Now, I'm sure that many people here at MP love your work and value your opinion. I can say that, after reviewing some of your threads I have come to the conclusion that you are a fraud.

To Any One reading this here is proof of NorcalHal's character, you be the judge. This quote comes from the horse's mouth (lol!) in his Seeds Suck thread...

NorCalHal said:
One thing you have to understand is that with the exception of Blue Sky, all clubs get thier Clone Stock from thier membership. What this means is that any yahoo can go into a club and sell clones and tell the dispensary owner whatever they like as far as what strain it is.
I know this firsthand as I was a part of this at an old club in Oakland back in '97. If I was short 15 clones in a tray of say Trainwreck, I would throw in 15 clones ofd whatever else I had and call it all trainwreck, as it was just easier and noone ever complained, as it was the only game in town at the time.

Now whats really laughable is you have the nerve to give out lineage history to anyone considering you sold fake clones to the clubs in which you were a member.

Because of your own admissions, you don't deserve to be a member of any marijuana forum and this will be my last response to you. I hope that you take an opportunity to reflect and remember that I don't care about anything you have to say.

Now you have been corrected.... Phony....

*My GDP beans are from Ken Estes, any condescending comments will be met with the same aggression.*

That was over 10 years ago. Everything has changed alot since then without a doubt. Hal is one of the most respected members on this forum for good reason. He grow the dank and does it well.

He DEFINITLEY deserves to be a member here at mp. Noobish no it alls not so much.

Go somewhere else with this aggression K Double. Dont join as a member and assume you run it all. We dont need this kind of attention. No one cares what your preaching, you have 15 posts and joined 2 months ago. If you going to act like a kid, we will ban you as if you were a kid.

Lemon Jack said:
That was over 10 years ago. Everything has changed alot since then without a doubt. Hal is one of the most respected members on this forum for good reason. He grow the dank and does it well.

He DEFINITLEY deserves to be a member here at mp. Noobish no it alls not so much.

Noob my a s s...? You mean new to MP... I'm in no way new to growing... Been doing this for many moons son & I've been on many other forums over the past decade from IC, THC, RollItUp, Canna, CC & many others... I've done test grows for breeders as well... And you can easily check....

And NorCalHal's ability to grow marijuana is not in question... Jack a s s!

But I bet you bought some of those fake a s s clones...

You can't vouch for some one who admits to selling fake clones to clubs and trolls other threads with their so called "superior insight"... It's like saying I was a snitch 10 years ago but now I've changed and let me give some of my advice (lol!)

I see why it took me 10+ years to find MP oh wait MP hasn't been around that long....

1. This is the most simple of rules. There are filters in place to block the usage of many words that are considered to be unacceptable in polite conversation. If you notice that a word you've typed is replaced by asterisks, then it is one of these words. Please reconstruct your post to reflect what you're trying to say, but without the word that was blocked. Adding spaces or other characters to the filtered word is not acceptable here. If you attempt to bypass the filter by using any means, it's a direct act against the rules of this site. The Moderators will generally only delete the word itself from your post. However, repeated occurrences of this type may cause more severe reaction by the Moderators who are entrusted to keep the peace here.

Simply put, cussing is not necessary and should not be used. If you feel like cussing in a private message to another member who is tolerant of it, then that's fine. The use of cussing in the open forums is not acceptable as polite conversation. Please just talk without using profanity.

The way you come in slamming respectedc members, and cursing around the rules. You fit it much better somewhere like rollitup like you mentioned.

To any one....

I never once trolled any of NorCalHal's threads nor did I ever spam any other thread here at MP... I started my thread and a respected member who has admitted to selling fake clones and not having any seedstock experience spams my thread...

I also asked people to not post any garbage in my thread but some people can't help themselves...

If you wanna ban for merely pointing out the obvious fact that your so called respected member is a phony.

Do what you have to do...

Some of the people in this place remind me of dealing with Ripz or THC Farm... Is Logic some where behind the scenes...?

Now if there is any thing left to say please save it...

I'd like to continue my thread...

Theres a polite way....and then theres the other way.
Everyone here at MP has the best intentions, I can gather that much by being a member here for over 6 years. Over that time many people have cluttered out forum with mean, hateful and misinformed posts.It won't be tolerated. I wouldn't be here if it was. Be respectful and take others helpful advice/criticism. No one here is looking for a fight, believe me. If so, report them, dont make the situation worse.

Good luck with your GDP. Ill be watching if we can get this journal back on track.

Latest posts

Back