Kinda stumped

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenThumbPicasso

Reaction score
I'm not used to issues with my plants especially during veg but....
Soil ffof 30% perlite added.
Water- ro/di tds 0
Temp in tent 60-68
Hum 39-46%
Light 400mh/600hps
Ph after nutes added and adjusted 6.7
Ph of runoff 6.5
Water every 4 days. Sometimes 3 for my smart pot ones.
Haven't used any nutes for veg other than 15mil to 5 gal of calmag. Every other water gets 2tbs grammas uns molasses.
The issue isn't just with one plant so I'm not sure where I'm messing up or overlooking.
995517ef433a5fdb41aa2c00ab04fe07_zps339fa671.jpg

a8e8ce3b3871a32fcd5b77ed3d66d5bb_zps8722ed54.jpg

fa3fb5ada8514f0cce9ed85c273bf7a6_zpsfeb8e9da.jpg

On the whole they look pretty good except for that one leaf I could see. Is it on other leaves or is it isolated?

I ph everything to 6.5 to give me a bit of room on both sides of the sweet spot. I don't ever check run off. If it's just on a leaf or two I would keep an eye out for more. If it was a leaf down low with a spot like that I would say don't even bother worrying. Since it is higher up it might be worth watching. jmo

On the whole they look pretty good except for that one leaf I could see. Is it on other leaves or is it isolated?

I ph everything to 6.5 to give me a bit of room on both sides of the sweet spot. I don't ever check run off. If it's just on a leaf or two I would keep an eye out for more. If it was a leaf down low with a spot like that I would say don't even bother worrying. Since it is higher up it might be worth watching. jmo

Thanks HL. It's not widespread but it is on a few leaves on 5 of 6 ladies.

Being in soil, I think they'd get sufficient CAl-mag w/o needing additional supplementation until they've grown into the pot fully.

Keep an eye on the new growth above those leaves that are affected. If it doesn't show any yellowing or browning patches then the problem worked itself out. If you begin to see the same or similar spots begin to show on more leaves then you may have a toxicity issue and you will need to flush the soil. But for now, don't do anything but watch and do what you have been doing.

Thanks hushpuppy. I haven't noticed anymore spots but have a little claw going on with the one in the pic. And to add to what's going on, I found a stinkbug in the tent. A few days ago I found a chewed leaf. Found the culprit. I haven't watered them since Tuesday so tonight when the lights come on, I'll give them a plain water at 6.5 and check every square inch for any more of them. Those effers are bad in mine and the surrounding states. I used a pair of Jackson's chamealeons in my past room in the attic. Worked pretty well. They got real fat, lol. Winter times bring them indoors in a bad way. Especially in an old house like mine.

I realise that not watering plants enough or keeping the soil moist enough always speeds up deficiencies.The soil is dry and roots have no medium of extracting the goodness from the soil.Don't let your soil get dry.When ladies are flowering this is very critical because the plant is now alot bigger than in veg and using alot more nutrients.

As 7green-eyes said..I think it's a cal/mag or iron deficiency..nothing to worry about as it is not widespread, just get a dedicated epsom salts or trace element mix and mix a little bit with your other fertilisers at your next fertilization time.

Latest posts

Back