Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
I always thought that Kush meant, from the Hindu Kush moutain range in Pakistan and Afghanistan. And recently I have heard people from the west coast calling the Chem Dawg line Kush. Can somebady please clarify for me.

Great question man.

IMO, there is "2" Kush lines. One, as you stated, is the "original" Kush strains from the Paki/Afgan region. But, as we know, these particular mountain strains were grown for thier Hash making qualities, not so much for "bud".
Some of the Afgan/Paki strains were crossed, which gave us the Hindu Kush and the like.
Thats the "old skool" Kush.

Chem dirived "Kush" is actually just a "pheno" of the Original Chem '91.

Chemdawg is an actual name of a cat who used that as his "online name".
Basically, he bought a bag of herb from an a cat named "wonkanobe" and the bag had 13 seeds in it. After germination, "Chem 91" was "born".

So, back to your original question. Here is a quote from Chemdawg himself.

Chemdawg said:
'OG Kush' (the original cut) came from an s1 from in a bag of '91 Chemdawg in the Lake Tahoe area in 1996.

So, basically, the OG Kush lines are nothing but a freak pheno from a bag of Chem 91.

If you have ever smoked true Chem, you can get "hints" of that SUPER Kush flavor, with that mix of feuly lemoney goodness. Very Unique.

Now, that Original Cut of the OG has been crossed by many folks and there is now many different "OG Kushs" out there. But, when you smoke the real, you will know.

My 2 cents anyway, and that is the way I understand it. Believe, there has been many discussions about it, but that is the general concensus among Cali growers and breeders, one of them being DNA genetics and Swerve from Cali connect.

:yeahthat: and now n days people call everything kush

maineharvest said:
I always thought that Kush meant, from the Hindu Kush moutain range in Pakistan and Afghanistan. And recently I have heard people from the west coast calling the Chem Dawg line Kush. Can somebady please clarify for me.
Bro what do you mean recently from what I heard they been callin it OG Kush since the 90's could be wrong tho

OGCOUGH said:
Bro what do you mean recently from what I heard they been callin it OG Kush since the 90's could be wrong tho

Yeah Im sure your right about that. Im on the east coast so it is very rare when someone claims that they have Kush. It seems the Kush has been blowing up lately and is all over the place now, that is all I ment.

The part that confuses me is why would you west coast guys name the Chem Dawg line Kush when there is already a Kush line out there? Why not give it a name that is original?

Several years ago I got some kush from a friend, I typically only get bud once a year and I get enough to last me all year.

My friend always takes care of me, and I consider him to be one of the premier growers in Humbolt.

I do consider myself to be a connoisseur of fine bud, and he knows I am.

This year I got a strain of kush that is so sweet, and not that hard knock out make you feel dumb bud, this is some of the sweetest bud I've smoked.

That said, I recently had to quit for a bit as I had to take a drug test (pre-employment) for the first time in my life, but after being out of work for close to a year, I had little choice other than staying unemployed.

I have a pile of kush waiting for the weather to cool down over me, and I can't wait for November when California is going to legalize it.

I haven't smoked for a couple weeks, it's been a bit on the edge...but it reminds me of Jerry Jeff Walker's song, where he sang something to the effect...(paraphrased, I can't find the lyrics at the moment)

"I laughed and I laughed as they burned my weed...I just sat there on this big sack of seeds..."

In my case it's a big jar of bud...lol

Latest posts

Back