leafs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info Widow Lover and It's good to talk to you again Goddess, It's been awhile. That clears up the triming of leaves and I believe that the mystery of the clear substance is solved. I have backed off all nutes as of yesterday and they get nothing but pure rain water from here on out. I believe the rule of thumb is no nutes for the last week, so, do you think it's ok to stop the food for the last 4 weeks? If not, what should I look for to indicate the need for nutes, i.e. curled leaves, yellowing, things like that? Again thanks to all of you for the help.

Larry

I'd feed right up until harvest! Not feeding when they're needing fed most means skimpy, airy buds!!

I wouldn't cut out the feeding entirely unless I knew for sure that the soil had plenty to carry them through to harvest. Given that the plants look to be a little overnuted(not terribly overnuted) I would only cut the nutes that you are giving to 3/4 of what you have been giving them. You don't want to starve them at this point as they are in their bulking up stage now.

To answer your question about smoking the leaves(or more trufully speaking, putting in my 2 cents worth) I used to smoke the leaves and know many people who still smoke the leaves. I would suggest to you however, to get some "bubble bags" and use all the trim that has any sign of that "frosty, hairy" look to them to make some ice-water hash. You definitely have the plants for doing that and you will love the hash you get from it :)

I use a lot of compost tea that I gather from my compost pile, plus I'm using a commercial bloom nute so I'll back off about 1\4 or so. Here are some pictures so you can look a little better at the girls, there are three of the little sweeties and they are growing like maniac's, which is a good thing, my best effort by far and that is do to your generious help;) . Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Roddy and Hush.

Larry:icon_smile:

DSCF4570.JPG

DSCF4574.JPG

DSCF4575.JPG

DSCF4576.JPG

Looking real nice bubbawhale:aok:

Yeah they look really good. I would suspect a compost tea is gonna be full of nitrogen with lesser levels of phospherous and potassium. I personally would cut out the tea entirely or just 1/4 of it like you said, but then keep the bloom nutes at the same level. At this point, if you are in soil then you could cut out the nitrogen and the amount of nitrogen in the soil will carry you the rest of the way to harvest.

Thanks for the comment Duck. Hushpuppy I have looked at some of your pictures on this and other places on the forum and It appears to me that our plants have about the same shape, I don't molest my plants at all, ever. If I were to say, take the bottom 1\4 of the branchs would I get what they refer to as a "cola bud" plant as I see some folks get? I have never gotten a cola bud and I would like to try that next. Thanks for all the advise and help folks.:D

Larry

You should have a main cola on every plant unless you top , then you still have several "main" sized colas. Taking from the bottom will help to get better bud production since more resources/energy/etc are able to be exerted to the rest of the plant, but imho won't make a "cola bud".

That depends in part on the phenotype and strain of the plant. It seems like most of the indica dominant plants tend to have the large cola buds while the Sativa dominant plants tend to have more mini pine cone nuggets that are more dispersed across the plant.

If you have Indica dom plants then you should be able to let the plants get going good then(before putting them into flower) cut the lower stems and leaves to allow the plant to push straight up to produce the "cactus" colas. This also depends on how big you let yer plants get and how you grow them.

Latest posts

Back