Learning Ebb and Flow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im guessing so the air does not blow directly on the big plants

:watchplant:

"Man has the right to make a fool of himself when he is not on his own hunting grounds."

Haha love it

It reminds me to do everything I want to do...when no one is looking. :rofl:

Thanks bro :bong:

SMOK3R said:
2 min every 2 hours is way too much brother... 6" cubes hold a lot of water.

I have been a hydro guy for a long time and get it... just have a few questions about watering/nutrient build up. I was only asking for links above so I didnt have to bug people. No worries man I will figure it out if I cant get any definitive answers.

2 min every 2 hours would mean total saturation all day. That's not the answer I was planning on hearing. I have seen many grows that didn't need that sort of schedule. That sounds tedious at best.

I didn't see any mention of rockwool cubes, but I was only suggesting a range.

Personally I flood 15mins every 2 hours, have done with every grow with outstanding results; but I do feel it is too long only dictate with the resolution of cheap timers.

the best possible situation in the rootzone is maximum uptake.

Hydroton has "THE" best air/solution ratio of any medium.

Ill put it like this. The more you can get solution to your nutes without overwatering, the better growth will be.

This is why DWC fails in my book, because if your temps go up slightly, dissolved oxygen goes down, bad for business.

This is where aeroponics reigns supreme, but this is medium-less so to speak, as the roots dangle free usually!!

RW, holds a good mix, but is a little on the moist side for me, not to mention, the ph of rockwool is 8.3 i believe and raises ph of rootzone, i counter ph when i water rockwool plugs to offset this.

Latest posts

Back